The Walking Dead [AMC] (Spoilers)
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The Walking Dead [AMC] (Spoilers)  (Read 25777 times)

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #320 on: 10/ 27/ 2013, 12:47:33 AM »
Caught-up on the last couple episodes tonight.

It's okay. I kind of like the implication that Rick and Carl have quit killing cold-turkey in-between seasons. Besides that, I'm getting kind of sick of the prison setting and I really don't care for any of the new characters (besides maybe the dude who played D'Angelo on The Wire). The stuff with rats and disease and people dying of illness is kind of an interesting idea, but it won't be enough to carry a whole season. I agree with most of the things the rest of you have said already. The new season's looking promising but there are definitely still some issues. At least the pacing's been pretty good so far.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #321 on: 10/ 27/ 2013, 02:01:22 AM »
Chiming in with everyone here. Shit's kind of meh, but there are still some interesting things and I'm still enjoying it.

Pros: The sickness, zombie feeding, and people killing is awesome. Have a feeling that the "messed up" little girl or Maggie's sister was the one feeding the zombies. As for the killings, I think it was Carl, since he'd seen how the other infected stuff was handled. If you can kill your own mom, you can kill anyone else.

Cons: The timeskip threw me off and now my shit's all fucked up, getting tired of Glenn and Maggie's stuff, the prison is getting super old, and all of the things are predictable.

Knew the first dude was gonna die, knew the kid was gonna die (Thought it would be later, though. o__o), knew the pigs were gonna die, and I knew Tyrese's girlfriend was gonna die. Despite the predictableness, it's always cool seeing how people die, and seeing how it affects things. The kid's death was...the most interesting, of course. And it's not like I wanted him to die, I actually wish he'd lived. Would have been cool to see an awkward kid turn into a hardass. So I was pretty sad during those scenes.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #322 on: 10/ 30/ 2013, 09:06:50 AM »
I didn't mind this timeskip as much because it wasn't a huge leap although never having encountered the governor between then seems a little improbable but who knows what the governor is up to.

There was a timeskip at the beginning of the latest season of Falling Skies (stopped watching it) of several months that was really jarring because of the huge cliff hanger at the end of the previous season.

The main thing I don't like about the timeskip is the fact that they have never said exactly how many new people they've taken on this is rather annoying because then it creates a clown car of "red shirts" that can just die at anytime so the show can portray death without having to kill off major characters. This was already evident in the prison cell block scene which was already highly unbelievable due to the fact that NO ONE suspected what was happening until it was too late. The latest episode was pretty good with the reveal of who killed the two sick people. Which further fuels my speculation that they're trying to get rid of the actors/actresses that Frank Darabont brought in. 

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #323 on: 11/ 04/ 2013, 07:04:49 PM »
and i was right they wrote off the last person that Frank Darabont had connections with. :(

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #324 on: 12/ 01/ 2013, 09:31:12 PM »
Hershel. Fuck. The Governor. Fuck you.

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
  • Badges Bears Beedog Approved Item Shop Penguin Tagged Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Spotted Memebon tee hee hee Dancing with Myself
« Reply #325 on: 04/ 15/ 2014, 09:19:33 PM »
so uh, I caught up with everything, there were some real high points this season, some serious shit went down.

also, Chad L coleman, in the flesh, doing the big black guy... they literally got coach.

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #326 on: 04/ 16/ 2014, 08:28:53 PM »
That final episode was fucking crazy.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #327 on: 11/ 03/ 2014, 01:11:53 AM »
THE THINGS. SO MANY OF THE THINGS.

Carol has become my favourite character. And knowing her, she's gonna break Beth the hell out of that hospital. And probably bring everyone else to their knees. Carol seems like a better version of police lady, though, who could learn a thing or two from Carol about choices.

Wondering where Daryl is, though, and if he and Carol crossed paths with the dude that escaped...What's his face...Richmond, Virginia guy.

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
  • Badges Bears Beedog Approved Item Shop Penguin Tagged Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Spotted Memebon tee hee hee Dancing with Myself
« Reply #328 on: 01/ 12/ 2015, 07:07:33 PM »
Jesus, I caught up and now I don't know what to feel...

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
« Reply #329 on: 01/ 12/ 2015, 08:46:49 PM »
Oh. Oh yeah. Shit happened. Crazy shit happened.

SO fucking pissed that Beth is dead. Really wanted to see her help Daryl more. Though, after the fire scene, I had a feeling that was kind of their last hurrah together. Like one or the other was gonna die soon. It was too powerful a message, and one would wonder where they'd go from there. Hopefully Daryl doesn't revert to his old ways after losing Beth.

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
« Reply #330 on: 03/ 16/ 2015, 09:05:13 PM »
man...

they just love killing off the black guys in the most brutal fashion in this show holy fuck. I want to unsee that shit.