The Walking Dead [AMC] (Spoilers)
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The Walking Dead [AMC] (Spoilers)  (Read 24992 times)

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
The Walking Dead [AMC]
« Reply #40 on: 11/ 29/ 2010, 02:53:30 AM »
The drama and drawn out scenes were a little overboard IMO. the direction they're going it is leading further and further away from the comics and I am fine with that.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
The Walking Dead [AMC]
« Reply #41 on: 11/ 29/ 2010, 03:14:45 AM »
I wonder how the tone of the show will change now that they're all safe and locked up in that huge compound.

Probably a lot of bottled-up emotions and pointing fingers and people going crazy.

I think I'll start reading the comics once this season is over.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
The Walking Dead [AMC]
« Reply #42 on: 11/ 29/ 2010, 05:05:33 AM »
I hadn't thought about this before, but how are they going to deal with the kid playing Carl growing up?

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
The Walking Dead [AMC]
« Reply #43 on: 11/ 29/ 2010, 05:23:01 AM »
I hadn't thought about this before, but how are they going to deal with the kid playing Carl growing up?

Simple, kill him off :D

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
The Walking Dead [AMC]
« Reply #44 on: 11/ 29/ 2010, 10:19:42 AM »
I thought about that when I saw the first episode. They're gonna have a Walt situation on their hands pretty soon.

And by tone of the show, I was thinking more along the lines of like when they found the hatch on Lost. Soon after that it stopped being "we tryin' to survive on dis desert island 'n shit" and became "Dharma mysteries and time travel!"

I'm wondering if we'll eventually look back on the first 5 episodes and think "psh, you guys didn't know anything." And if the overall plot of the show will become more about struggling to find a cure rather than struggling to not get eaten. It's like everybody just leveled up, same as on Lost post-hatch. Food/shelter/not getting nommed aren't their main concerns anymore, there will be a different set of obstacles from now on.

AzNheadbanger

•   
  • #1 Dance Central fan
  • Badges tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
The Walking Dead [AMC]
« Reply #45 on: 11/ 29/ 2010, 11:23:01 AM »
Shit he's 11 playing an 8 year old. I haven't seen the latest episode but it sounds like they skipped a bit of the comic so maybe they'll skip around enough filler where he doesn't age too fast irl in relation to the story.

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
The Walking Dead [AMC]
« Reply #46 on: 11/ 29/ 2010, 06:11:24 PM »
Simple, kill him off :D
He will go upstairs in one episode and never be seen again much like seven in Married with Children.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
The Walking Dead [AMC]
« Reply #47 on: 11/ 30/ 2010, 03:05:17 AM »
He will go upstairs in one episode and never be seen again much like seven in Married with Children.

And the younger sister from Family Matters..

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
The Walking Dead [AMC]
« Reply #48 on: 11/ 30/ 2010, 05:40:38 PM »
And the younger sister from Family Matters..
And lets not forget the older brother on Happy Days (though I think the rumor is he died in Vietnam.)

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
The Walking Dead [AMC]
« Reply #49 on: 11/ 30/ 2010, 07:56:45 PM »

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
The Walking Dead [AMC]
« Reply #50 on: 11/ 30/ 2010, 08:06:15 PM »
So they fired the writing staff for season 1.  I admit I don't watch the show, but I thought yall might want to know.

http://www.ifanboy.com/content/articles/BREAKING__AMC_s_Walking_Dead_Writing_Staff_Axed__No_Writing_Staff_for_Season_Two_

MoonStorm

• nubbin
  • Aaaaaaaaaa.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE!
The Walking Dead [AMC]
« Reply #51 on: 11/ 30/ 2010, 09:22:59 PM »
So they fired the writing staff for season 1.  I admit I don't watch the show, but I thought yall might want to know.

http://www.ifanboy.com/content/articles/BREAKING__AMC_s_Walking_Dead_Writing_Staff_Axed__No_Writing_Staff_for_Season_Two_

Aaaa. crap this dose not sound good.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
The Walking Dead [AMC]
« Reply #52 on: 11/ 30/ 2010, 09:24:41 PM »
What the hell....

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
The Walking Dead [AMC]
« Reply #53 on: 11/ 30/ 2010, 09:32:09 PM »
well according to the article on IGN Robert Kirkman wrote two eps (not part of the writing staff) and Frank Darabont co-wrote/re-wrote all of the other eps so i don't think it will be that big of a deal.

Wintersocks

• Motivational Mountain Mover
  •   
  • Socks 2: Knit Harder
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry SCIENCE! Bears Dancing with Myself Happy Babies! Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
The Walking Dead [AMC]
« Reply #54 on: 11/ 30/ 2010, 09:38:26 PM »
The only TV I watch is on demand stuff, can anyone tell me when the show is on?

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
The Walking Dead [AMC]
« Reply #55 on: 11/ 30/ 2010, 09:51:57 PM »
I wonder how the tone of the show will change now that they're all safe and locked up in that huge compound.

They can go out and get samples for him. :D

Because he's too lazy and drunk to do it himself

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
The Walking Dead [AMC]
« Reply #56 on: 11/ 30/ 2010, 09:57:10 PM »
The only TV I watch is on demand stuff, can anyone tell me when the show is on?

10pm est on AMC.

Wintersocks

• Motivational Mountain Mover
  •   
  • Socks 2: Knit Harder
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry SCIENCE! Bears Dancing with Myself Happy Babies! Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
The Walking Dead [AMC]
« Reply #57 on: 12/ 01/ 2010, 10:26:18 AM »

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
The Walking Dead [AMC]
« Reply #58 on: 12/ 01/ 2010, 10:47:11 AM »
Everyday?

whoops, Sunday. The next episode is the season finale though.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
The Walking Dead [AMC]
« Reply #59 on: 12/ 01/ 2010, 10:52:55 AM »
i know the eps are on ichunes too. dunno if they're US specific.