The Walking Dead [Comic]
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The Walking Dead [Comic]  (Read 3232 times)

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
The Walking Dead [Comic]
« on: 11/ 22/ 2010, 05:31:25 PM »

Since we have a thread for the TV show I figured it would be good to have one for people to discuss the comic.

Has anybody else read any of it?

There will more than likely be a lot of spoilers in here. This your warning.
« Last Edit: 11/ 22/ 2010, 06:11:25 PM by BleachBoy »

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
The Walking Dead [Comic]
« Reply #1 on: 11/ 22/ 2010, 05:34:14 PM »
I ain't read it yet but I am watching the TV show right now. IDK why I ahven't read it yet though, I love good comics with a  firey passion. I think maybe lack of money is a part of it.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
The Walking Dead [Comic]
« Reply #2 on: 11/ 22/ 2010, 05:42:03 PM »
I got up to about issue 45 and just stopped reading for some reason. They're almost up to 80 now and I'm about to start catching up tonight. I'm really interested to see if they take the show in a completely different direction from the comics. So far things have been mostly the same from what I can remember.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
The Walking Dead [Comic]
« Reply #3 on: 11/ 22/ 2010, 05:54:02 PM »
ive been reading every issue since the 1st hardback graphic novel came out, so far its been pretty different from the comic and that i like. i wouldn't want a 1:1 interpretation of the comics the biggest thing i am curious to find is if they are going to go to the prison. if you've seen the first episode of the tv series then you notice the nice nod they did where on the door it was written "don't open dead inside" that was a nod when they left the camp and arrived at that enclosed neighbor hood where it was written on the outside. that leads me to believe that the walking dead will skip that part of the story. also according to the episode 5 plot supposedly they are going to the CDC and packing up camp i wonder if Shane will be joining them?

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
The Walking Dead [Comic]
« Reply #4 on: 11/ 22/ 2010, 06:08:51 PM »
The prison is what I've been wondering about the whole time. They spent a really large chunk of time there and a lot of shit went down. I also wonder if they're going to end episode 5 or 6 with the Shane incident.

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
The Walking Dead [Comic]
« Reply #5 on: 11/ 22/ 2010, 06:10:58 PM »
The prison is what I've been wondering about the whole time. They spent a really large chunk of time there and a lot of shit went down. I also wonder if they're going to end episode 5 or 6 with the Shane incident.
I kinda hope they do cause its such a huge moment in the comic but they haven't even found the farmhouse and Mordecai's family yet.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
The Walking Dead [Comic]
« Reply #6 on: 11/ 23/ 2010, 03:37:05 PM »
I am excited about the whole thing. I just caught up on the comic last friday, damn it is good.

I'll read the first issues again I think, need to know what you are talking about there. I remember the prison, but no details :D

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
The Walking Dead [Comic]
« Reply #7 on: 11/ 23/ 2010, 03:44:18 PM »
as far as the tv show running with the comic i doubt they are going to use the losing of Ricks limb since obviously that has been a big deal the last few episdoes.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
The Walking Dead [Comic]
« Reply #8 on: 11/ 23/ 2010, 03:45:33 PM »
Yeah, although it would make for a real good shock!
Some gore ^^

But I think it is too much trouble to do...

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
The Walking Dead [Comic]
« Reply #9 on: 11/ 23/ 2010, 06:52:29 PM »
as far as the tv show running with the comic i doubt they are going to use the losing of Ricks limb since obviously that has been a big deal the last few episdoes.
I think it would be a cool plot device if he lost his hand the same way Merle did. Of coarse it wouldn't be the exact same way rick didn't cut his own hand off

AzNheadbanger

•   
  • #1 Dance Central fan
  • Badges tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
The Walking Dead [Comic]
« Reply #10 on: 11/ 23/ 2010, 07:03:24 PM »
If the show ever gets to the point in the comic where the survivors are going to DC do you guys think they'll keep the part where Carl kills Ben? I'm all up to date on the comics so far and probably my favorite thing with them is showing how the survivors have changed in reaction to the world around them and it would be a shame if it gets toned down for television.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
The Walking Dead [Comic]
« Reply #11 on: 11/ 23/ 2010, 08:37:47 PM »
i doubt they would change it i mean the open shot is of a little girl (yea she was a zombie) getting shot in the head. so kid violence doesnt seemn to be out of the question

AzNheadbanger

•   
  • #1 Dance Central fan
  • Badges tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
The Walking Dead [Comic]
« Reply #12 on: 11/ 23/ 2010, 08:51:24 PM »
i doubt they would change it i mean the open shot is of a little girl (yea she was a zombie) getting shot in the head. so kid violence doesnt seemn to be out of the question
I'm pretty sure violence towards the undead isn't in the same catagory as violence to the living. Also don't forget the part leading up to Carl shooting Ben was that Ben disembowled Billy the day before while he was still alive. I'm curious what they plan to cut and what to show since its definitely pushing the boundaries on traditional accepted levels of violence on cable tv.

Back to the comic though, when is the next issue out?

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
The Walking Dead [Comic]
« Reply #13 on: 11/ 23/ 2010, 08:53:16 PM »
I'm pretty sure it comes out tomorrow.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
    • Dragons Eat Everything
The Walking Dead [Comic]
« Reply #14 on: 11/ 25/ 2010, 08:57:00 AM »
Am I allowed to drop a HOLY SHIT I HOPE THEY MAKE IT in here...
Damn I don't want that... ;(

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
The Walking Dead [Comic]
« Reply #15 on: 11/ 25/ 2010, 04:22:12 PM »
I just got my mitts on the first volume today, I liked it, off to a good start. However some stuff did feel kind of off, but I also feel like that's just Kirkman finding his feet in writing something a lot less action orientated. His pacing and word balloon placement, especially in the first few pages are pretty bad.

I often gripe on writer/artist separation, but not necessarily because it's a bad thing, just a very hard thing to get right. But I can clearly see Kirkman learning just in the space of one volume. Despite all that, it really hooked me. Just out of curiosity, it stays b&w with the second artist, right?

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
    • Dragons Eat Everything
The Walking Dead [Comic]
« Reply #16 on: 11/ 25/ 2010, 05:26:14 PM »
As far as I know yes :D

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
The Walking Dead [Comic]
« Reply #17 on: 11/ 29/ 2010, 03:41:29 AM »
I wonder what they're going to do about the whole governor trying to make out with the zombified little girl part. I doubt that would be suitable for television, hahah.
« Last Edit: 11/ 29/ 2010, 12:52:26 PM by BleachBoy »

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
    • Dragons Eat Everything
The Walking Dead [Comic]
« Reply #18 on: 11/ 29/ 2010, 05:44:12 AM »
oh damn...

I just hope the black lady with the sword will be in the tv show. She kicks ass ;D

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
The Walking Dead [Comic]
« Reply #19 on: 11/ 29/ 2010, 12:52:52 PM »
She's going to appear early next season.