Anthony Saves the World
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Anthony Saves the World  (Read 7215 times)

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Keenan Payne
Anthony Saves the World
« on: 11/ 27/ 2010, 10:30:11 AM »
ASTW - Episode 1 - Victory Points

The latest video series from the lovely Anthony Burch. It's him and Mikey Neumann who are doing it and from the first episode, it's pretty hilarious. It still has the same awesome gaming humor but with a more series plot (kind of).

So have you guys seen it, and what do you think about it?

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #1 on: 11/ 27/ 2010, 01:43:19 PM »
 It has Catan, therefore it must be awesome.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #2 on: 11/ 27/ 2010, 01:52:50 PM »
It was alright. The fighting was surprisingly better than I was expecting.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #3 on: 11/ 27/ 2010, 02:46:10 PM »
the music was the highlight for me

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #4 on: 11/ 27/ 2010, 02:50:22 PM »
GOOD DEO GOOD SHOW

Two monsters of quippy dialogue collide. The fight scenes were aight.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #5 on: 11/ 27/ 2010, 04:47:16 PM »
Hm interesting. I look forward to seeing where it goes.

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #6 on: 11/ 27/ 2010, 04:58:55 PM »
Could stand to see less "What the fuck ASH!?!?" exchanges, but I can't wait to see where they go with this.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #7 on: 11/ 27/ 2010, 06:19:18 PM »
Could stand to see less "What the fuck ASH!?!?" exchanges, but I can't wait to see where they go with this.

Maybe Anthony got type-casted by... HIMSELF!

Manic Maverick

• Fu Boy
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #8 on: 11/ 27/ 2010, 06:28:30 PM »
I'm all for this show. XD Although the episode has something slightly off about it that irks me. I can't quite put my finger on it...

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #9 on: 11/ 27/ 2010, 06:39:22 PM »
Mikey?

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • All You Can Eat
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #10 on: 11/ 27/ 2010, 06:46:57 PM »
haha

I liked this one, but I feel like the punchline took too long or something. Will be waiting for more awesome fight scenes!

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #11 on: 11/ 27/ 2010, 06:48:06 PM »
Maybe it's the fact that if you replace Mikey with Ash you could easily have an episode of "Hey Ash"?

Manic Maverick

• Fu Boy
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #12 on: 11/ 27/ 2010, 07:09:42 PM »
Mikey?
Maybe it's the fact that if you replace Mikey with Ash you could easily have an episode of "Hey Ash"?

Hmmm...I don't think that's it. Maybe it has to do with the pacing. Yeah, that might be it. I find that if there's a problem with pacing, I get really aggravated. It's my biggest pet-peeve when it comes to shows/movies, and I'm not even sure why.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #13 on: 11/ 27/ 2010, 07:14:34 PM »

My issue is all the people that are going to say this. It's not really fair. As far as I know, Anthony doesn't even write the episodes, Mikey wrote the whole thing.

Manic Maverick

• Fu Boy
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #14 on: 11/ 27/ 2010, 07:22:32 PM »
My issue is all the people that are going to say this. It's not really fair. As far as I know, Anthony doesn't even write the episodes, Mikey wrote the whole thing.

Also this. Anthony's just an actor playing a role, and that's it. You could look around at a bunch of other shows and compare them to HAWP as well. And vise-versa. Plus, this is only the first episode. We don't know how future episodes will be. They could sprout lawn chairs out of their faces and eat an entire city for all we know. XD

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #15 on: 11/ 27/ 2010, 07:31:28 PM »
They both have writing credits for the episodes. I don't think it has anything to do with the writing though. I still like it a whole lot though and am excited to see where it's going to go, but I just felt like I had seen the type of character Anthony is playing in episodes of "Hey Ash" before and didn't get anything all that different.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #16 on: 11/ 27/ 2010, 08:35:24 PM »
My show sucks so I'm in no position to comment on anybody else's show. Although I do think they need a second camera.

Manic Maverick

• Fu Boy
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #17 on: 11/ 27/ 2010, 08:56:52 PM »
My show sucks

You stop that! Your show is amazing. XD Plus, I haven't even thought about pacing once when watching the episodes. That means awesome.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #18 on: 11/ 27/ 2010, 09:10:40 PM »
I know the pacing is a little off a lot of the time, but that's my lack of experience in Flash, not the direction. It's hard to work everything in together with the audio. The audio always throws off the pacing.

JonahTheAmazing

• nubbin
  • Professional Narcissist
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #19 on: 11/ 27/ 2010, 09:38:12 PM »
This is cool. Anthony and Mikey do a good job. The fighting is quite alright.