Anthony Saves the World
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Anthony Saves the World  (Read 7603 times)

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #40 on: 12/ 03/ 2010, 03:34:00 PM »
Everything made better with a hit square on the nuts.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #41 on: 12/ 04/ 2010, 03:10:32 AM »
these first two episodes bare the burden of establishing a universe, which can certainly be tough in under 10 minutes. they managed to inform the audience that mikey is a soldier or at least someone who can fight and/or kill proficiently, about the time travel and some of the rules regarding it, mikeys mission, the antagonists, and you learn a bit about the characters as well. i think the first two episodes were great considering all the information they managed to get across while still being funny and having a fight scene in each. with the audience (and anthony) up to speed on the hard and fast rules of the universe, they will have a bit more freedom moving forward to sort of work out kinks in the pacing, humor and general feel of the rest of the series. i do think there are a few plot holes and a second camera would be really helpful, but overall i things are looking great for this series.

Sean

•   
  • foooooooooooooooooooooooomin
  • Badges Item Shop Rockmelon Game Night Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #42 on: 12/ 08/ 2010, 07:59:37 AM »
You think this could have something to do with a game they're writing for at Gearbox?

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #43 on: 12/ 08/ 2010, 08:00:44 AM »
a big budget game starting Anthony Burch? i can get with that. lol

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #44 on: 12/ 15/ 2010, 09:37:23 PM »
new one is out

ASTW - Episode 3 - This Future

FalconReaper

•   
  • Zangetsu. He's Kinda OP
  • Badges Inufantry Spotted Memebon Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #45 on: 12/ 15/ 2010, 09:39:58 PM »
Thank you kindly for the posting of it

Sean

•   
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #46 on: 12/ 16/ 2010, 02:52:36 AM »
Eh, this one was kinda lame.
But every series has their occasional fck up.
Cept TJS of course.

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #47 on: 12/ 16/ 2010, 09:18:11 AM »
I liked this one, a nice little break and some funny world-building.

Also Brolands mask. I knew Gearbox must have some.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #48 on: 12/ 16/ 2010, 09:23:46 AM »
 Yeah, it was good. The problem I see with the series is that is has a real plot, but it is humorous as well. People are going get mad at story/world build episodes.

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Keenan Payne
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #49 on: 12/ 16/ 2010, 06:45:28 PM »
Pretty chill episode, not as action-packed as every other episode, but loved the banter about pokemon cards being currency xD

Sean

•   
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #50 on: 12/ 16/ 2010, 07:28:09 PM »
Oh yeah, that was cool.

MoonStorm

• nubbin
  • Aaaaaaaaaa.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE!
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #51 on: 12/ 16/ 2010, 10:13:17 PM »
I do like the sires but sometime the voices are not loud enough.

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Keenan Payne
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #52 on: 02/ 02/ 2011, 08:35:51 PM »
Wow, that's cool that they got picked up by the Escapist, but that's awesome for them. Hopefully they get some more fans and traffic with the extra publicity. I'm also pretty stoked for the next episode =D

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
    • Keenan Payne
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #53 on: 02/ 23/ 2011, 02:16:51 PM »
new episode up at http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/anthony-saves-the-world/2792-Episode-1-4-Crossing-Swords.

Pretty alrigh, lots of action and not a lot of banter which is a bummer.  I really liked Anthony's "I'm not a little bitch" comment though haha
« Last Edit: 02/ 23/ 2011, 09:58:20 PM by KeenanTheSavage »

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #54 on: 02/ 23/ 2011, 02:20:17 PM »
 I'm very disappointed with this episode. It seems like Mikey wants an action series, but knows nothing about making it. I think they need to lay off the fight scenes.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #55 on: 02/ 23/ 2011, 02:25:11 PM »
Yeah they don't seem to get their limits.
Also the shaky words intro and outros are fucking terrible.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • All You Can Eat
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #56 on: 02/ 24/ 2011, 10:14:27 AM »
It was alright, kind fo a filler episode. We will see. The action scenes were really bad, that's true, but I don't think they try to do better ^^

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
    • Keenan Payne
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #57 on: 03/ 02/ 2011, 01:57:42 PM »
Yet another episode up at http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/anthony-saves-the-world/2822-Episode-1-4-Pearl-Harbor

I like it a lot better than the last episode, nice change of pace. Still isn't evoking the same lol's as the first two, but good nonetheless.

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #58 on: 03/ 02/ 2011, 10:56:16 PM »
I was too distracted by the fact that he forgot to take off his wedding band in the personal interview.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
Anthony Saves the World
« Reply #59 on: 03/ 02/ 2011, 10:58:07 PM »
 The episodes really do shine as long as they aren't doing action scenes. I think they'll hit their stride soon enough.