What instruments/equipment do you play/use?
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: What instruments/equipment do you play/use?  (Read 13763 times)

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #40 on: 02/ 22/ 2011, 09:26:53 PM »
She's capable of sounding good, but I imagine it takes a fuck of a lot of work. If you search youtube for her version of Uninstall, that came out pretty good. Her syllabary is limited, though, and doesn't flow well. That's why she's always drunk or holding bottles of booze in fanart; it's hard to get her to come out sounding not drunk.

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
« Reply #41 on: 02/ 22/ 2011, 09:47:41 PM »
I've learned something. I hope she gets that update.

Although this makes it pretty clear that I have no idea what I'm talking about regarding the subject, oops :X

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #42 on: 02/ 22/ 2011, 10:41:15 PM »
Hmmm...I think I might end up going with Append Miku, with either Dark, Soft, or Light. Not sure if it would be better to contrast the darker heavier music with softer vocals, or just go with the darker vocals.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #43 on: 02/ 22/ 2011, 10:44:55 PM »
I've learned something. I hope she gets that update.

Although this makes it pretty clear that I have no idea what I'm talking about regarding the subject, oops :X

Nah, you know a lot more about the more recent stuff than I do. I got crazy huge into Vocaloid back when Miku first came out and over the course of 222 War, but I haven't been paying much attention since I started TJS. I haven't done much of anything since I started TJS. :/

Edit: holy shit, it's the anniversary of the 222 war and I didn't even realize it. Fuck me.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #44 on: 02/ 23/ 2011, 12:07:46 AM »
This just made me have a stroke, hearing it first-hand:

GarageBand - Guitar Amps & Effects

I haven't used GarageBand in about 3 years, so that's probably why I didn't know about this here thingy until now.

Also, it makes live performances awesome, since you could just bring your laptop, open up GB (and whatever else you'd need) and play. Boss as fuck.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #45 on: 02/ 23/ 2011, 12:16:51 AM »
Like I said, awesome. Zero dollars.

I guess firewire or usb would be best, but you can also just straight up plug your guitar right into the optical line-in jack. That's what I do. Guitar, cord, computer. Nothing fancy. And it works just like the video says it does, that's not hype.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #46 on: 02/ 23/ 2011, 01:02:30 AM »
HNNNGHH.

And yet it's so far away...

In due time, Mac/guitar. In due time.

*50 years later*

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
« Reply #47 on: 02/ 23/ 2011, 09:29:34 AM »
Like I said, awesome. Zero dollars.

I guess firewire or usb would be best, but you can also just straight up plug your guitar right into the optical line-in jack. That's what I do. Guitar, cord, computer. Nothing fancy. And it works just like the video says it does, that's not hype.

Wouldn't you want an external sound card to get a quater inch jack in or something?

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #48 on: 02/ 23/ 2011, 10:28:45 AM »
Macs have line quality 1/8" audio inputs. You just use a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter on a regular old guitar cable and plug it right into the computer.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #49 on: 02/ 23/ 2011, 11:35:12 AM »
i would recommend getting an audio interface as well they make really cheap ones that work well like the lexicon alpha so you can plug your guitar into the audio interface then the audio interface into your computer.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #50 on: 02/ 23/ 2011, 03:31:49 PM »
i would recommend getting an audio interface as well they make really cheap ones that work well like the lexicon alpha so you can plug your guitar into the audio interface then the audio interface into your computer.

Audio interfaces are cool, but if I work in GB then I don't think I'd need one, since GB would have everything I needed. And the less money I have to spend, the better. So I don't want to spend money on something that I probably won't use much, despite its usefulness in other situations.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #51 on: 05/ 20/ 2011, 08:40:46 PM »
Did a little test with LSDJ and FL Studio where I made a tune in the former and added a beat in the latter. Sounds damn awesome, and I think I can pull the sound off. Only problem is that the electric guitar soundfont that I have, while being as heavy and grungy as it is, still sounds too...bleh...Nonetheless, I'm on the right track, I think.

I guess my process will be doing a full song in LSDJ, creating a beat and other accompanying sounds in FL Studio, and then mixing them in Audacity. I'll have to do instrumental stuff for now though, since I don't have VOCALOID anymore and probably won't find the singer I need. I'd sing myself, but this music requires female vocals...and I don't have an appropriate mic.

Torzelan

• nubbin
  • щ(゚Д゚щ)
  • Badges Rockstar
    • torzelan.com
« Reply #52 on: 07/ 10/ 2011, 09:22:30 PM »

That would be about it (aside from a bunch of plugins). From "very expensive but neccessary and worth it"-headphones to "it's what they had in the store here alright?"-keyboard, they all do their job well enough for a lone nerd in an apartment room. :)

Looking to acquire some very expensive plugins and really need a new computer (constantly low on CPU & RAM), but also probably unemployed starting next week so better not throw cash around at fun things right now.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #53 on: 08/ 08/ 2011, 09:55:51 AM »
I'm revamping everything simply for the fact that i haven't done anything besides write some songs for Stonewall.  Other than that i've done no electronic music at all. Makes me deeply sad, so im going straight up digital going to be working mostly inside the computer.  Hoping this will do something but i doubt it everything just seems way to overwhelming. 

setup soonish

Cubase (probably 5)
Reason 5
NI Maschine (sold my MPC)
Axiom 61 Midi Keyboard

Line 6 POD XT Rack (Guitar)
Line 6 POD XT Rack (Bass)

Turntable & Mixer
Elektron Machinedrum (may sell)
Elektron Monomachine (may sell)

Various Rack Items (Compressor, Patchbay, Effects Processor, Midi Patchbay, Rack Mixer)

Ibanez Nylon Acoustic Electric
Fender Acoustic Electric
Gibson Buckethead Les Paul Signature Edition
Bass

NES and Gameboy for various chip use (may switch to use VST's that emulate this kind of sound) I will also probably end up getting other VSTs for future use as well.

I don't know just pretty confused by where the hell I want to go.

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #54 on: 09/ 28/ 2011, 01:39:11 PM »
So, i'm saving money for a new amp , i'm thorn between

150 W Fender Mustang IV

Or The 100W Fender Frontman

DecepticonsAttack

•   
  • calmer than you are
  • Badges Beedog Approved Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
    • sheeeeeeeee
« Reply #55 on: 09/ 28/ 2011, 01:49:50 PM »
I have alot of love for the Frontman series, it was basically a loaner from my friend for shows but the 25R sounded incredible for its size and I could get a pretty versatile sound out of that thing, I really liked it. My buddy left it in a shop somewhere and forgot all about it however :(

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #56 on: 09/ 28/ 2011, 01:57:39 PM »
depends on what you're looking for because those look like two entirely different amps.

With the Mustang you have a whole array of capabilities in terms of sound, all digital of course but if you don't mind that and you're looking to just jam around i would probably go with the mustang because of the whole slew of options.

also it all depends on what kind of sound you want.

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #57 on: 09/ 28/ 2011, 03:53:27 PM »
That's the thing, i'm scared of the whole digital thing, i'm considering getting the frontman , the main thing keeping  from buying the Frontman is that what if it doesn't have enough power to play with drums.

The rig atm is Fender 72 telecaster Deluxe , Boss Ds1 distortion , DigiTech XMS Main Squeeze Compressor/Sustainer, Dunlop Cry Baby, and a zoom multieffect. We are playing kinda rock/alternative stuff

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
« Reply #58 on: 09/ 28/ 2011, 04:07:35 PM »
im jelly of that tele.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #59 on: 09/ 28/ 2011, 04:27:48 PM »
That's the thing, i'm scared of the whole digital thing, i'm considering getting the frontman , the main thing keeping  from buying the Frontman is that what if it doesn't have enough power to play with drums.

The rig atm is Fender 72 telecaster Deluxe , Boss Ds1 distortion , DigiTech XMS Main Squeeze Compressor/Sustainer, Dunlop Cry Baby, and a zoom multieffect. We are playing kinda rock/alternative stuff

you could also go the separate route of buying a 2X12 cab and buying an amp head

are you strict on going the new route or would you be opposed to buying used?

that way if you're scared of not having enough power you can always upgrade

BUT by the looks of the specs you have more than enough wattage from either one of those amps.

i pretty much buy all of my stuff from here i never buy new when it comes to amps and cabs

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forumdisplay.php?77-For-Sale&s=a872caddf6952aaca28430090aef48d5