What instruments/equipment do you play/use?
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: What instruments/equipment do you play/use?  (Read 13028 times)

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #60 on: 09/ 28/ 2011, 05:27:23 PM »
I'm gonna go with new, i really don't trust the "Ebay" of my country and the shops here don't sell used amps (at least where i live)

I think i'm gonna go with the Frontman, i'm scared pf the digital thing of the Mustang,  my friend has a Line 6 that used some kind of digital configuration and it's a pain in the ass.

Necros Xiaoban

• nubbin
« Reply #61 on: 10/ 20/ 2011, 11:37:53 PM »
Lets see... two trombones, one is a King student trombone and the other is a Bach Stradivarius :)
Also have an old, old, old tuba from the late 40s, early 50s... called Ol' Diesel. Probably one of my three favorite instruments of all time.
And a Epiphone Thunderbird Bass.

I'm much more of a low, bass-y kind of guy

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
« Reply #62 on: 12/ 03/ 2011, 11:42:41 AM »
So after playing rocksmith for a week, I'm starting to think my guitar really is a pile of feces. When in tune, some of the notes don't even come out because of the string touching other parts of thr fret board. Anyone know if places like guitar center will let you trade in stuff like this towards new gear?

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #63 on: 12/ 23/ 2011, 11:10:13 AM »
I'm considering getting a fender Mustang IV amp, but i'm kinda scared for modeling amplifiers :(

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #64 on: 12/ 23/ 2011, 11:15:32 AM »
if you're just going to be using it in a home setting i wouldn't worry about it should be more than loud enough.  if you're looking to play out with it i would probably go for something else.  also if you're using it in a garage band setting that will be more than enough to be heard over a drummer

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
« Reply #65 on: 12/ 24/ 2011, 04:10:14 PM »
Yeah i want an amp to use in gigs and prac tice at home, i went to a store today and saw this bad boy

I'm interested in it, i guess it sounds good with a Telecaste deluxe

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #66 on: 12/ 25/ 2011, 08:12:13 AM »
i would avoid that one, what's your budget?

if you were thinking of getting the mustang IV and that's around $500 have you thought about getting a 2X12 Cab and then a Line 6 Spider head (i know it's a modling head but it would be good for home setup too)? it's around that price range and with that kind of setup it would be perfect for home and gigs. if you're set on the combo route i would go no less than 2X12 if you plan on using it for gigs too. also what kind of music do you plan on playing?

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
« Reply #67 on: 12/ 25/ 2011, 09:29:17 AM »
Ohh is it that bad? , my budged is about 500 bucks , the thing is first of all they don't sell cab and header combos, i have to buy them separately, and the ones they have are 100 to 150 v , and each of those things cost as much as an amplifier,

I want to play some rock music nothing too heavy, not metal

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #68 on: 05/ 04/ 2012, 11:19:35 AM »

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
« Reply #69 on: 05/ 04/ 2012, 03:48:46 PM »
I have to say I'm utterly speechless

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Keenan Payne
« Reply #71 on: 05/ 16/ 2012, 11:46:35 PM »

You got the bass, and I'll play the electric

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #72 on: 05/ 03/ 2013, 08:43:27 AM »
I probably need to make a collectible instrument thread at some point, but for now

A Lord of the Rings guitar etched in sharpie marker

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Bears tee hee hee Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Inufantry
« Reply #73 on: 05/ 03/ 2013, 04:46:13 PM »
That is the coolest thing ever.

I'd love to have that and I can't even play, I'd just frame it

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #74 on: 09/ 17/ 2013, 11:21:39 AM »
Finally started to use ableton over the weekend. Getting really excited about actually making music for real instead of just talking and pretending like i am. I pretty much am keeping everything in the box (all PC stuff) so far this is including and yes alot of it is cracked not proud of it but i really can't afford it but one day if i can i will def buy them.

Legit Stuff
Ableton Live 9 Standard - would love to upgrade to Suite but $.  Also 9.1 is going to include dual monitor support thank god.
Propellerheads Reason 7
Native Instruments Maschine MK2, Massive
Glitch 2
Ipad 1 - Propellerheads Thor and Rebirth (both run surprisingly well on Ipad 1), nanoloop, sidpad, Korg iMS-20

Not legit stuff
Sylenth1
Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 8
Native Instruments Action Strings

Physical Hardware
Teenage Engineering OP-1 (thinking of getting rid of it so i can legit fund Sylenth1 and the newer ipad)
Novation SL49 MK II
Novation Launchpad - thinking of getting rid of this too since I don't plan on ever playing live.
Lexicon MX 400 Effects Unit
Line 6 Bass Pod Pro - broke but functions
Mackie Onyx Blackbird Firewire - my external soundcard
Ampeg V140C Solid State
Some weird 4X12 Guitar Cab
Gibson Buckethead Signature - trying to sell this to fund cheaper guitars (Fender Jim Root Tele, Fender Tele Standard) to have extra cash on the side. 
Fender Acoustic
4 String Bass
Classical Style Guitar

pankin

•   
  • This is worst pizza.
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Marikondesu Beedog Approved Artsy Fartsy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop SCIENCE! Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #75 on: 09/ 17/ 2013, 07:48:25 PM »
Dual Monitor support?  yesss pleasssse (is it going to be a Max for Live plugin or a native thing in 9.1?) Either, way, good call on their part for finally putting it in there!

Also, I hear ya with the launchpad, I pretty much use mine as a keyboard and to arm / disable tracks.  Haven't really used it for launching clips since I'm normally in track view.  Though I do want to play live someday so it's worth hanging onto for me.  Though, honestly there's enough stuff out there for iPad that do the same thing as the launchpad, so you'd have that functionality even if you got rid of it

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #76 on: 09/ 18/ 2013, 08:06:15 AM »
These are the other changes to 9.1
For Push owners, Live 9.1 introduces a brand new melodic step sequencer. Enter notes manually, or play them in, then edit each note in the sequence precisely – all via the hands-on interface of Push. Plus, you can now edit automation with step-by-step accuracy – maybe open up a filter for single notes, or add a splash of reverb to the last notes of a sequence.

Finally, there are a couple of under the hood changes that we'd like to draw your attention to. Sample rate conversion during rendering is done using an extremely high-quality algorithm. If you're working at a high sample rate (such as 96 kHz), you can now downsample to lower sample rates (such as 44.1 kHz) with no loss in quality. Also, rendering now uses multiple cores, which can result in much faster exports. Ultra high-quality rendering and faster renders – now in Live 9.1. 

The Push stuff i guess is cool but I think Push is way way way overpriced.  I'm pretty sure I don't have a desire to play live maybe someday I dunno.  But for now I can pretty much do almost everything on the 49SL MK II that I could with launchpad and I have a set of keys which I really like even though I'm a shit player.  And by the time I did ever want to use a launchpad I could just get the launchpad S or whatever else they put out there.

So far though ableton is pretty awesome it is taking me a while to get used to session view, as I'm pretty much only accustomed to an Arrangement style.  But I can't wait for dual it will be really nice to have sessions in one, arrangement in another and any time I open a plug in have that in my third.  Won't feel so damn cramped anymore. 

pankin

•   
  • This is worst pizza.
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Marikondesu Beedog Approved Artsy Fartsy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop SCIENCE! Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #77 on: 09/ 18/ 2013, 11:06:57 AM »
These are the other changes to 9.1
The Push stuff i guess is cool but I think Push is way way way overpriced. 

Yuuup.  I mean unless you're using it in place of A launchpad, drumpad, and a general controller with knobs and whatnot (a ZeRO SL MKII, or similar)  Its not worth it.  But even then, all those things individually will do better at what they're meant to do than the Push would do as an all-in-one.  Knock $100 off the price and it becomes a completely different ball game though.  (Also, an increase in build quality, been seeing a lot of complaints about LED coloration and whatnot.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • All You Can Eat
« Reply #78 on: 10/ 25/ 2013, 03:09:14 PM »
Any of you interested in an authorization code for a thing called Bass Station?
Here is a link:
http://us.novationmusic.com/software/bass-station?rd=1

Here is the code: 1108628230

Please let me know if you used it.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #79 on: 10/ 30/ 2013, 09:29:05 AM »
I don't know if it is still available but I will take it if it is. (i'll try it when im home for lunch).  The actual Bass Station http://www.vintagesynth.com/novation/nov_bsk.php is a pretty awesome piece of kit.

Novation just released a new version of it. The original was used a lot by RZA for bass lines.  Can also create pretty real Roland TB-303 sounds. I used to own the keyboard version simply because the RZA once had it (LOL) so yea i'd take this software if it's available.