Best album/artist/song of the year?
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Best album/artist/song of the year?  (Read 923 times)

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • All You Can Eat
« on: 12/ 30/ 2010, 01:16:29 PM »
Mostly for the radio show on saturday, but still, I am interested :)

Mine would be Taking Dawn, The Gaslight Anthem's American Slang and 9mm Parabellum Bullet's the Revolutionary. I'll think of more soon!

So what were your favorite things musicwise in 2010?

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #1 on: 12/ 30/ 2010, 02:32:54 PM »
I don't pay attention to dates that albums were released.

Camo Tao - King of Hearts. Easily the most surprising album of this year shame he passed away.

Underrated - Broken Bonds (hahaha) the band that i was in. :D

Song: RJD2 - Let There Be Horns - From the Album The Colossus

Most Hardworking Artist - Madlib - released an album a month this year. I respect Madlib as an artist but his albums are usually hit or miss for me.

Dissapointing - Ratatat - LP4 - a majority of the tracks were from the same session that LP3 was recorded and it's easy to tell. LP3 is far superior than LP4

Up and Coming - Damu The Fudgemunk - his beats are pretty fucking chill with a jazz fucking spice.

DecepticonsAttack

•   
  • calmer than you are
  • Badges Beedog Approved Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
    • sheeeeeeeee
« Reply #2 on: 12/ 30/ 2010, 03:13:12 PM »
I'm gonna go with Swim by Caribou and  the new Mass of the Fermenting Dregs for best albums, I haven't heard much else that came out this year. I fucking hate Kanye but there were some decent beats on his new record so the instumental version of that too maybe.