Baroque/Classical/Romantic/etc
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Baroque/Classical/Romantic/etc  (Read 1709 times)

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« on: 01/ 06/ 2011, 03:57:03 AM »
I only noticed one thread involving any of these in a loose form, so I figured it was about time to start one that encompassed all "classical" genres. I'm not really sure what to call them as a whole, since "classical" is a form in itself. But whatever.

Anyway, I don't listen to a lot of classical music because I feel like listening to too much of it would lessen its quality to me. It's like how if you eat too much $500 cake, the cake ends up tasting old and drab in the end. I'm also not exactly a classical genius, but I still love the music.

Right. So post your favourite classical music. Big sleeves and hair are also welcome.

A few of my favourites:

"The Moldau" by Bedřich Smetana Small | Large

"'Little' Fugue in G Minor" by Johann Sebastian Bach Small | Large

"Asturias" by Isaac Albeniz (Orchestral version) Small | Large

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #1 on: 01/ 06/ 2011, 04:04:37 PM »
Moar:

"Summer (Four Seasons)" by Antonio Vivaldi Small | Large

"Witches' Sabbath (Symphonie Fantastique)" by Hector Berlioz Small | Large

"Ode to Joy (Symphony 9 in D minor Op. 125)" by Ludwig van Beethoven Small | Large

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
« Reply #2 on: 01/ 06/ 2011, 04:17:15 PM »
Handel: Zadok the Priest Small | Large

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #3 on: 01/ 07/ 2011, 05:52:53 AM »
(HD) Beethoven "Sonata Pathétique"- 2nd mvt Adagio cantabile

Pietro Mascagni: Cavalleria rusticana - Intermezzo Small | Large

^Both were awesomely used in Rurouni Kenshin, otherwise I would have never known the names of them.

And then this one just because of the pretty slideshow:

Adagio in G Minor (Albinoni) Small | Large

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
« Reply #4 on: 01/ 07/ 2011, 10:42:40 AM »
Bavarian Chamber Orchestra - Ouvertüre zu Figaros Hochzeit (W.A. Mozart) Small | Large

W. A. Mozart - Ouverture to "Die Zauberflöte" KV 620 (SWR Symphony Orchestra, Norrington) Small | Large

Two very amazing operas! I think the first one was party used in Zombieland, correct me if I am wrong ^^

Dresdner Kreuzchor - Weihnachtsoratorium (Johann Sebastian Bach) Small | Large

Christmas is over, but this is still great!

DrLightAteYourMagicite

• nubbin
    • RYM Page
« Reply #5 on: 01/ 07/ 2011, 11:24:12 AM »
I love classical, and like you I typically reserve it for special occasions. For me, music of this caliber needs to be savored in the proper setting - no distractions, and preferably in the evening with a good set of headphones. It's a bit sad to think how hard it is to find such a setting lately. Anyway, these are the pieces of those eras that move me the most:

Frederic Chopin - Nocturne In E Flat Major, Op.9 No.2 Small | Large

A fine example of what a piano is capable of when in skilled hands. Kind of bugs me that it's been used in tv shows and movies, but if it introduces people to Chopin it can't be all bad.

Shostakovich String Quartet No. 8 in C Minor (II) Small | Large

Eargasm at 0:56

Tchaikovsky - Piano Concerto 1 - B Flat Minor Small | Large

The Lark Ascending - Ralph Vaughan Williams Small | Large

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
« Reply #6 on: 01/ 14/ 2011, 06:33:38 PM »
Prokofiev - Dance of the Knights Small | Large

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #7 on: 01/ 15/ 2011, 01:03:54 AM »

what :[

• Queen of Hawaii
  • nubbin
  • wat ;[
  • Badges Bears Beedog Approved It's a Lady!
« Reply #8 on: 07/ 03/ 2013, 05:46:42 AM »
i hope u like italians

Benedetto Marcello Requiem in the Venetian Manner

Loak

• POMF=3
  •   
  • Loli Apprentice and Kuroneko's Illegitimate Child
  • Badges SCIENCE! Beedog Approved Moonspeaker Cosplayer Manly Man Spotted Memebon Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Bears
« Reply #9 on: 07/ 03/ 2013, 10:34:29 AM »
One of my favorite pieces that I've ever had the pleasure of performing.

MAX BRUCH - Violin Concerto No, 1 in G Minor. Op. 26. - SHLOMO MINTZ/Claudio Abbado/Chicago Symphony

EDIT: Holy shit, it's been too long since I've picked up my violin. That might need to happen soon because HOLY SHIT MY VIOLIN NOSTALGIA.

And I fucking love that first movement of the Bruch Concerto HNNNNNNNNNNNNG

pankin

•   
  • This is worst pizza.
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Marikondesu Beedog Approved Artsy Fartsy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop SCIENCE! Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #10 on: 07/ 04/ 2013, 02:01:52 PM »
I've been on a Rachmaninoff kick lately, specifically Concerto No. 2

Yuja Wang - Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No. 2

and really Yuja Wang playing just about anything