Gorillaz
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Gorillaz  (Read 3837 times)

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Gorillaz
« on: 01/ 13/ 2011, 08:25:37 AM »
I'm not a huge Gorillaz fan, I probably only like a handful of their discog, but this I found very very interesting.

Gorillaz produced their last record "The Fall" on an ipad using 20 apps and doing it in 32 days while on tour :O Now i know they created the tracks on an ipad what im wondering is how it was engineered, mixed and mastered I know it was Mixed at Studio 13 and Mastered at Abbey Road but was it mixed and mastered on an ipad as well?

iPad Applications Used: Speak It! / SoundyThingie / Mugician / Solo Synth / Synth / Funk Box / Gliss / AmpliTube / Xenon / iElectribe / BS-16i / M3000 HD / Cleartune / iOrgel HD / Olsynth / StudioMiniXI / BassLine / Harmonizer / Dub Siren Pro / Moog Filatron

Speak It

SoundyThingie

Mugician

Funk Box

Gliss

Amplitube

Xenon

Electribe

BS-16i

M3000 HD

Cleartune

iOrgel HD

Olsynth

Studiomini

Bassline

Harmonizer

Dub Siren Pro

Moog Filatron

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Gorillaz
« Reply #1 on: 01/ 13/ 2011, 08:30:07 AM »
best Gorillaz song

Hong Kong - Live In Manchester

But yeah, I find Gorillaz to be very inconsistent in quality. At least for me.

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Keenan Payne
Gorillaz
« Reply #2 on: 01/ 13/ 2011, 04:54:59 PM »
Dang, how did we not get have a Gorillaz thread in this bizznitch before? They're definitely one of my favorite bands at the moment, and just the style of their music and how they morphed themselves into these alter-ego's all seems very interesting to me.

Anyhow, some of my favorite Gorillaz songs:

Gorillaz-Empire Ants (Featuring. Little Dragon)(Lyrics)

Gorillaz 19/2000 Soulchild Remix Small | Large

Gorillaz - DARE (Remastered) (The video's owner prevents external embedding)

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Gorillaz
« Reply #3 on: 01/ 13/ 2011, 05:29:27 PM »
Oh shit, this thread should have been made ages ago.

The Fall is an amazing album, mostly due to the fact that they mixed everything while traveling around the US. Every song has the flavour of the location they were in. Really amazing. That's one reason why I love the Gorillaz, because of their love for experimentation and melding of genres and the like.

One of my favourites from The Fall:

Gorillaz - Amarillo Small | Large

Other favourites:

Gorillaz-5/4 Small | Large

Gorillaz-Fire Coming Out of the Monkey's Head Small | Large

It's amazing to realize that Gorillaz has been around for over 10 years. I always forget. I remember wanting to be just like 2D when I was younger. XD But my hair wasn't plastic enough.

redlemon

•   
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Gorillaz
« Reply #4 on: 01/ 13/ 2011, 05:31:30 PM »
Gorillaz was the second album I ever bought. I won't say the first.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Gorillaz
« Reply #5 on: 01/ 15/ 2011, 08:18:32 PM »
I got the first Gorillaz album for Christmas. I listened to it and nothing else for about two weeks straight.

JEKKI

• nubbin
  • santouka & hi-chew on my day off
  • Badges Teach the children.
Gorillaz
« Reply #6 on: 01/ 16/ 2011, 01:24:03 AM »
I really like Gorillaz, but I didnt like them enough to spend ~$150 to see them live even tho I wanted to X_X

my friend did tho!! he even saw them at Coachella, which is dedication since that show has port-o-pottys of death!!

and by death I mean nasty poop!!

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Keenan Payne
Gorillaz
« Reply #7 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 05:55:15 PM »

redlemon

•   
    • Sketchbook

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Gorillaz
« Reply #9 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 07:31:23 PM »

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Gorillaz
« Reply #10 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 08:50:52 PM »
Shits that is.
but I still saw them live!

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Gorillaz
« Reply #11 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 09:05:01 PM »

And I didn't...which hurts just as much as not seeing NIN live before their last live show...

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
    • Keenan Payne
Gorillaz
« Reply #12 on: 02/ 07/ 2011, 05:59:33 PM »
Shits that is.

I hate you =(

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
Gorillaz
« Reply #13 on: 03/ 01/ 2011, 03:21:20 PM »
I've always liked the Gorillaz because they are fictional cartoon band and how Hewlett (the artist) draws them.
Can't say that I'm a fan of Tank Girl though.
The Rise of the Ogre book is fantastic in showing the art from gorillaz so I find it more of an artbook than a autobiography.

Wintersocks

• Motivational Mountain Mover
  •   
  • Socks 2: Knit Harder
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry SCIENCE! Bears Dancing with Myself Happy Babies! Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Gorillaz
« Reply #14 on: 03/ 01/ 2011, 05:47:04 PM »
Last Gorillaz album I listened to was Demon Days but after reading this thread I went out and bought them all. I sat down in my music room and HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLYYYYYYY SHHHHHHHHIIIIIIITTTT.

So earsex. Good god.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
Gorillaz
« Reply #15 on: 04/ 07/ 2011, 10:55:49 AM »

Release:
25 December 2010
18 April 2011 (physical)

Anyone getting this?

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
    • Keenan Payne
Gorillaz
« Reply #16 on: 04/ 07/ 2011, 06:16:37 PM »
Hell yeah I am. I'm not gonna pre-order it but I'll definitely pick it up on Amazon when it comes out (like two weeks?)

Sonic9jct

•   
  • Wubba lubba dub dub
  • Badges Moonspeaker Artsy Fartsy Sauninda Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
    • Sanpozeit
Gorillaz
« Reply #17 on: 04/ 13/ 2011, 09:46:36 AM »
Yeah, I think I might make an attempt to pick it up.  My friend has been telling me about this album, sounds sick.  I really enjoyed Plastic Beach, I thought all the collabs were awesome.  Also, this--

Superfast Jellyfish

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Gorillaz
« Reply #18 on: 04/ 13/ 2011, 10:44:27 AM »
regarding the breakup a few posts back, it's not happening. Hiatus yes, breakup no.

Despite rumours to the contrary, Gorillaz are alive and well and misbehaving in London W10
http://twitter.com/gorillazband/status/35411178847088640

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
    • Keenan Payne
Gorillaz
« Reply #19 on: 04/ 13/ 2011, 02:21:50 PM »
regarding the breakup a few posts back, it's not happening. Hiatus yes, breakup no.

Despite rumours to the contrary, Gorillaz are alive and well and misbehaving in London W10
http://twitter.com/gorillazband/status/35411178847088640

yeah I saw that, i let out the biggest sigh of relief when I read that. Talk about a fucking scare ^^