Shoegazing!
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Shoegazing!  (Read 1625 times)

mcnyers

•   
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Secret Santa 2010
Shoegazing!
« on: 01/ 30/ 2011, 11:21:26 AM »
We don't have a shoegaze thread so I made a shoegaze thread here is a shoegaze thread you're welcome

My Bloody Valentine - When You Sleep Small | Large

SLOWDIVE WHEN THE SUN HITS Small | Large

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Shoegazing!
« Reply #1 on: 01/ 30/ 2011, 11:25:30 AM »
エフィラ / miimi Small | Large

^ Probably my favorite song of theirs. The video is pretty amazing, too.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Shoegazing!
« Reply #2 on: 01/ 30/ 2011, 03:20:41 PM »
Yaaayyy, shoegazing.

Curve - Recovery Small | Large

Giant - Coaltar of the Deepers Small | Large

Chapterhouse - Mesmerise Small | Large

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Shoegazing!
« Reply #3 on: 01/ 30/ 2011, 03:27:05 PM »
Coaltar of the Deepers

FUCK YEAR *highfive*

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Shoegazing!
« Reply #4 on: 01/ 30/ 2011, 03:29:09 PM »
*High-five* :D They make me giddy in my girly parts.

mcnyers

•   
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Secret Santa 2010
Shoegazing!
« Reply #5 on: 01/ 30/ 2011, 06:08:05 PM »
I've been meaning to get into chapterhouse. Which of their would you recommend the very very most?

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Shoegazing!
« Reply #6 on: 01/ 30/ 2011, 07:24:25 PM »
To tell you the truth, I haven't heard much of Chapterhouse. Or a lot of shoegaze, even. I mean, I love the shit out of the style and listen to some great shoegaze artists, but for some reason I don't go out of my way to look for things. I guess I like when it just comes to me, like most music. It feels great to stumble upon great bands; it always fills me with a larger feeling of happiness than searching them out.

But anyway, yeah. I couldn't recommend anything from Chapterhouse. Personally, I suggest just searching for the discography and listening for yourself. It takes longer, but you'd probably come away happier.

Also, shoegaze songs from non-shoegaze bands are really fun to find:

Ladytron - Destroy everything you touch [HIGH QUALITY] Small | Large

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Shoegazing!
« Reply #7 on: 01/ 31/ 2011, 04:17:57 AM »
Hooverphonic's not always shoegaze, but they delve into it a lot in their earlier stuff:

Hooverphonic - Nr 9 Small | Large

Hooverphonic ~ cinderella Small | Large

Sarangi - Hooverphonic Small | Large

Mueti

• nubbin
Shoegazing!
« Reply #8 on: 01/ 31/ 2011, 12:49:37 PM »
I love me some gazing of shoes from time to time. Some great postings in here so far as well.

Colfax Abbey - snowshine Small | Large

Clams - See The Brightest Star (2003) Small | Large

Color Filter - Strange Day Small | Large

Piana - Early In Summer Small | Large

The Goslings - No More Ribbon, No More Kitte / Dinah Small | Large

:)

DrLightAteYourMagicite

• nubbin
    • RYM Page
Shoegazing!
« Reply #9 on: 02/ 18/ 2011, 03:09:46 PM »
I've only gotten into shoegaze over the past four years or so...and discovering it was like awakening in a whole new world. If that makes any sense.

Slowdive - Souvlaki Space Station Small | Large

Alcest - Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde Small | Large

The Angelic Process - The Promise Of Snakes Small | Large

Jesu - Friends Are Evil Small | Large

mcnyers

•   
Shoegazing!
« Reply #10 on: 02/ 19/ 2011, 12:23:25 AM »
YAY SLOWDIVE