Macross
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Macross  (Read 3947 times)

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Macross
« on: 01/ 31/ 2011, 01:08:22 AM »
Because YES.

« Last Edit: 01/ 31/ 2011, 04:28:30 AM by Calpis »

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Macross
« Reply #1 on: 01/ 31/ 2011, 07:10:53 AM »
Macross F (Frontier) Nyantama ~ Track 18. Ai Oboete Imasuka Small | Large

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Macross
« Reply #2 on: 01/ 31/ 2011, 07:37:49 AM »
Macross Plus was my jam and still is, easily ranks among my top 10 of miniseries. Never got into the other series dunno why but I should probably do so.

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
Macross
« Reply #3 on: 01/ 31/ 2011, 09:06:54 AM »
Macross Plus was my jam and still is, easily ranks among my top 10 of miniseries. Never got into the other series dunno why but I should probably do so.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
Macross
« Reply #4 on: 01/ 31/ 2011, 09:12:33 AM »
I only saw the old stuff on SciFi a couple years back

Have a lot of catching up to do.

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
Macross
« Reply #5 on: 02/ 01/ 2011, 01:02:26 AM »
Mmm, i watched Robotech, with Rick Hunter BUT

i had the Macross Nes game:

JusticeDude

•   
  • j/k, it's always spookytime
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Macross
« Reply #6 on: 02/ 01/ 2011, 08:33:10 AM »
I started watching Genshiken on DVD from Netflix, then after seeing one disc and having the rest lined up on my queue, Netflix emails me saying I'm getting Macross disc one next even though it was like #5 on my queue.

Is this okay?

Lunarmoth

•   
  • Zzz... Always Sleeping
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry SCIENCE! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Dancing with Myself Secret Santa 2010
Macross
« Reply #7 on: 02/ 03/ 2011, 09:33:02 PM »
I just finish 'The Super Dimension Fortress Macross'. It pretty good. Of all the other Macross out there what a good next one to start.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Macross
« Reply #8 on: 02/ 05/ 2011, 11:10:06 AM »
This video is my entire knowledge about macross.

Macross Frontier -- Nyan-Nyan Song Small | Large

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Macross
« Reply #9 on: 02/ 05/ 2011, 11:16:47 AM »
Greatest Macross character ever

Miriya

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Macross
« Reply #10 on: 02/ 05/ 2011, 11:24:36 AM »
I just finish 'The Super Dimension Fortress Macross'. It pretty good. Of all the other Macross out there what a good next one to start.

I would recommend Macross Plus. It's a good bridge between SDF and Frontier/7, and probably my favorite one. Don't bother with 2. We like to pretend 2 didn't happen.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Macross
« Reply #11 on: 02/ 05/ 2011, 11:47:22 AM »
2 has some merits that I liked, but yeah, it's been dubbed an "alternate universe". Also, watch Zero before you move on to Frontier. Didn't realize that the title card wasn't in the first post...

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Macross
« Reply #12 on: 02/ 05/ 2011, 11:48:32 AM »
Oh fuck me, how did I forget Zero? Yes, that.

Lunarmoth

•   
  • Zzz... Always Sleeping
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry SCIENCE! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Dancing with Myself Secret Santa 2010
Macross
« Reply #13 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 11:39:04 PM »
So to double check with you Calpis and Topher
It's Plus, SDF, Zero, and then Frontier/7.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
Macross
« Reply #14 on: 02/ 07/ 2011, 02:50:47 AM »
the release timeline is SDF, II, Plus, 7, Zero, Frontier.
The universe timeline Zero, SDF, Plus then 7 (I think), then Frontier.
The order of my preference is Plus, Frontier, SDF, Zero, II. Haven't watched 7 and only partially watched SDF.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Macross
« Reply #15 on: 02/ 07/ 2011, 10:41:58 AM »
What Calpis said. And the order of my own preference is:

Zero, Plus, Frontier, SDF, 7, II.

Plus and Frontier are almost interchangeable, though. I enjoyed them both about equally. If I had to rate them,

Zero:---------10
Plus:-----------9
Frontier:------9
SDF:-----------8
7:--------------5
II:--------------1

Also, if you are more into newer anime, I would highly recommend Frontier. You'll miss a lot of references, but you don't absolutely need to have seen the earlier ones to enjoy it. Also also, Frontier has, hands down, my favorite soundtrack from any anime, ever.
« Last Edit: 02/ 01/ 2013, 12:40:09 AM by Topher »

Senisan

•   
  • Badges Manly Man tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
Macross
« Reply #16 on: 03/ 18/ 2011, 02:24:10 PM »

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
Macross
« Reply #17 on: 03/ 18/ 2011, 02:26:40 PM »
This is terrible news for the anime community. He will be missed.

phthano

• nubbin
  • Badges tee hee hee
Macross
« Reply #18 on: 05/ 13/ 2011, 12:32:08 AM »
This is even worse than when Nujabes died.

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
Macross
« Reply #19 on: 05/ 24/ 2011, 02:44:09 PM »
I just realized that the used copy of Macross Plus that I bought awhile ago is in face a new copy. Its still sealed.