Macross
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Macross  (Read 3660 times)

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Macross
« Reply #20 on: 08/ 04/ 2011, 06:47:02 PM »
Macross7 is a thing that I'm finally starting.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Macross
« Reply #21 on: 08/ 05/ 2011, 02:53:28 AM »
AHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
Macross
« Reply #22 on: 08/ 09/ 2011, 06:12:36 AM »
Finally finished Macross7. 57 episodes watched in 4 days. All I can really say is that it's a real shame that it was never able to get licensed for a N. American release. I had initially thought that since it was just so different from MacPlus that it was a bad series even though I had never watched it. In fact, it was just a licensing nightmare on who owns the rights to what name in N. America is why the last Macross that will ever be released here will be MacPlus.

I did enjoy it overall as a whole even though it did have a lot of repetition and throw away episodes. The story really doesn't pick up until about the mid 20's. I do think that one of the main failings of the series was the music was pretty meh. Not saying that it was memorable because they beat you over the head with the same songs over and over and over again so you're kinda forced to remember it even if you don't want to. Also, I didn't like Mylene's singing voice because there were times (mostly during the engrish parts) where it sounded like she was singing with walnuts in her mouth. The times when I did enjoy the music was whenever MacPlus music snuck its way into here but mainly because it scratched the nostalgia itch.

The thing they really did pull off was bringing out Basara's passion and that's what pulled me along the entirety of the show.

Although Macross7 won't be my new #1 of the Macross franchise or even move up in my order of preference, it still gave me a good sense of enjoyment. Thus making the only black sheep Macross II.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
Macross
« Reply #23 on: 08/ 18/ 2011, 03:12:03 PM »
Megumi Nakajima - Ai oboete imasu ka - Recuerdas el amor? - en vivo - Subs esp

Love those bookends!

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
Macross
« Reply #24 on: 08/ 18/ 2011, 03:40:15 PM »
Megumi Nakajima - Ai oboete imasu ka - Recuerdas el amor? - en vivo - Subs esp

waifu <3

This is off the Macross Frontier Galaxy Tour Final in Budokan Bluray if you're interested in watching the rest of the concert.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
Macross
« Reply #25 on: 12/ 13/ 2012, 07:14:38 AM »
PS3 game mashup?

PS3「マクロス30~銀河を繋ぐ歌声~」本告PV

More info

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
Macross
« Reply #26 on: 12/ 14/ 2012, 02:46:55 AM »
Sorry for bump but does anyone know if that song @1:53 has appeared in the Macross series or if it's exclusive to this game?  I can't read what the music title is at the bottom right of the screen.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
Macross
« Reply #27 on: 12/ 14/ 2012, 04:26:01 AM »
Sorry for bump but does anyone know if that song @1:53 has appeared in the Macross series or if it's exclusive to this game?  I can't read what the music title is at the bottom right of the screen.

Yeah, it was made for the game. It comes out on 2/27. Planet Cadle for the intro and Wonder Ring for the outro.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VTCL-35147

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Macross
« Reply #28 on: 12/ 14/ 2012, 12:25:51 PM »
Guh, that game reminds me there is so much Macross I have not seen. 0_0;

kawaiiaya

• nubbin
  • AMNIAL CROSSING! 遊ぼう!
  • Badges Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy It's a Lady! Community Podcaster Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night
Macross
« Reply #29 on: 02/ 01/ 2013, 12:32:48 AM »
Macross Frontier - What 'Bout My Star - [Budokan LIVE] May´n & Nakajima Megumi

The funny thing about my karaoke place is when you try to sing Macross Frontier songs, the artist is not listed under May'n, but Sheryl Nome. So whenever I wanted to sing something from Macross Frontier, I just look up シェリル as a real artist.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Macross
« Reply #30 on: 02/ 01/ 2013, 01:14:55 AM »
That song. Ore no kokoro.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
Macross
« Reply #31 on: 02/ 01/ 2013, 04:59:36 AM »
Macross Frontier - What 'Bout My Star - [Budokan LIVE] May´n & Nakajima Megumi

The funny thing about my karaoke place is when you try to sing Macross Frontier songs, the artist is not listed under May'n, but Sheryl Nome. So whenever I wanted to sing something from Macross Frontier, I just look up シェリル as a real artist.

I have the bluray rip of this. I'm ashamed I haven't sat down in a dark room by myself and watched it completely yet. Also, that scene at the mall makes me HHHHHHHHHHHNNNNG every god damn time.

kawaiiaya

• nubbin
  • AMNIAL CROSSING! 遊ぼう!
  • Badges Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy It's a Lady! Community Podcaster Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night
Macross
« Reply #32 on: 03/ 01/ 2013, 12:38:38 AM »
I have the bluray rip of this. I'm ashamed I haven't sat down in a dark room by myself and watched it completely yet. Also, that scene at the mall makes me HHHHHHHHHHHNNNNG every god damn time.

I cried tears while watching it, it's SO GOOD, gave me goosebumps for hours. I love it.

The mall scene makes me love Sheryl even more

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
Macross
« Reply #33 on: 03/ 26/ 2013, 04:36:00 AM »
Day made.

Planet Cradle - Macross 30 - by Haruka

Also didn't know this trailer was out

Macross 30 - Animación

Loak

• POMF=3
  •   
  • Loli Apprentice and Kuroneko's Illegitimate Child
  • Badges SCIENCE! Beedog Approved Moonspeaker Cosplayer Manly Man Spotted Memebon Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Bears
Macross
« Reply #34 on: 03/ 31/ 2013, 09:47:37 PM »
Just watched the first two episodes of Macross Frontier. I'm quite hyped.

That song. Ore no kokoro.
This. I am watching this show because of What Bout My Star.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
Macross
« Reply #35 on: 01/ 30/ 2014, 10:53:11 PM »
the Super Dimension Fortress MACROSS Blu-ray MUSIC CLIPS Small | Large