Anime of the Internet Age
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Anime of the Internet Age  (Read 108296 times)

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • ⑨ Hime-Cut's, Loli's and scythes are best in life.
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
Anime of the Internet Age
« on: 01/ 31/ 2011, 04:46:06 PM »
This thread is for anything that has aired from roughly 2002 to now, but is not currently airing. This thread will most likely be used to discuss anime that aired a season or two ago. Missed an anime during it's run? Catching up on your backlog? Talk about it here.
« Last Edit: 07/ 10/ 2012, 02:03:08 AM by Calpis »

JusticeDude

•   
  • SPOOKYTIME
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #1 on: 01/ 31/ 2011, 10:19:07 PM »
This thread is for anything that has aired from roughly 2002 to now, but is not currently airing. This thread will most likely be used to discuss anime that aired a season or two ago. Missed an anime during it's run? Catching up on your backlog? Talk about it here.

I just started watching Sasami Magical Girls Club after getting it on sale recently.  Saw the opening and was like OH MY GOD.
Sweet MAGIC - Sasami Mahou Shoujo Club OP Small | Large

THEY'RE ALL WEARING WITCH HATS.  ONE OF THEM HAS FISHNETS.

HHHHHHHNNNNNNNNGGGGGG-ing at the speed of light.

MoonStorm

• nubbin
  • Aaaaaaaaaa.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE!
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #2 on: 02/ 01/ 2011, 12:22:34 AM »
I just started watching Sasami Magical Girls Club after getting it on sale recently.  Saw the opening and was like OH MY GOD.
oh hey I remember watching that show. I don't think it's that grate; however, it has a few funny bits thought.

Finish watching Mezzo on hulu. It was ok for a short 13 episode show.

But that's not that important right now you know what they just put on Hulu, High School of the Dead. Good if you what to re-watch it.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #3 on: 02/ 01/ 2011, 12:35:38 AM »
oh hey I remember watching that show. I don't think it's that grate; however, it has a few funny bits thought.

Finish watching Mezzo on hulu. It was ok for a short 13 episode show.

But that's not that important right now you know what they just put on Hulu, High School of the Dead. Good if you what to re-watch it.

Do you mean Mezzo Forte? I don't recall a show that was just called 'Mezzo.'

MoonStorm

• nubbin
  • Aaaaaaaaaa.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE!
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #4 on: 02/ 01/ 2011, 12:43:34 AM »
Do you mean Mezzo Forte? I don't recall a show that was just called 'Mezzo.'
It seem to be a sequle to Mezzo Forte I guess it's really called "Mezzo DSA".

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #5 on: 02/ 01/ 2011, 12:47:36 AM »
Mezzo Forte was excellent, too bad it seems like DSA didn't hold up, I've yet to see it.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook

JusticeDude

•   
  • SPOOKYTIME
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #7 on: 02/ 01/ 2011, 08:29:02 AM »
Mezzo Forte was excellent, too bad it seems like DSA didn't hold up, I've yet to see it.
Mezzo Forte is the original movie and Mezzo is a spin-off show made several years later.  I've only seen the movie, but it's really good.  Just be warned that it contains incredibly graphic sex.  Like, probably the most well animated sex scenes I've ever seen animated.  Also it's kinda rapey.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #8 on: 02/ 01/ 2011, 06:45:33 PM »
Watched and finished katanagatari. Loved it but I felt completely empty afterwards. I think I'm supposed to though.

Manic Maverick

• Fuckwut
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #9 on: 02/ 01/ 2011, 08:09:19 PM »
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/02/01/toradora-ova-could-include-that-ending/

Toradora OVA. Excite.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGHHHHH YES YES YES YES

Taiga, I can see you once again...

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #10 on: 02/ 01/ 2011, 08:12:48 PM »
Really not sure I want to see THAT ending.

Manic Maverick

• Fuckwut
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #11 on: 02/ 01/ 2011, 08:18:27 PM »
That's only if they do it. Which they'd better not.

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • ⑨ Hime-Cut's, Loli's and scythes are best in life.
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #12 on: 02/ 01/ 2011, 08:22:49 PM »
That's only if they do it. Which they'd better not.

Lol pregnancy.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Regular Adventure
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #13 on: 02/ 03/ 2011, 09:38:13 AM »
Gurren Lagann should fit in here.

I love a story where you can yell FUCK YES once in a while! And I do that constantly ^^
Although I'd like to punch the living shit out of Rushiu, if that is his name. He might be right in some points but still, fuck that guy!

But I have to continue watching now. Episode 21, GO!

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #14 on: 02/ 03/ 2011, 03:46:29 PM »
Just found out that Makoto Shinkai has a new film coming out called Children Who Chase Lost Voices From Deep Below out in Japan in May.  This guy can easily make me weep like a little baby, not gonna lie here I probably cried during all of his works.

JusticeDude

•   
  • SPOOKYTIME
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #15 on: 02/ 03/ 2011, 04:33:44 PM »
I never understood that guy or why everyone liked his stuff so much :/
But I guess me and Shibalba have really different tastes, cause I didn't like the Fountain either.

Sorry for being negative.

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #16 on: 02/ 03/ 2011, 04:34:59 PM »
I'm also a big fan of his stuff. Absolutely brilliant.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #17 on: 02/ 03/ 2011, 04:46:23 PM »
I never understood that guy or why everyone liked his stuff so much :/
But I guess me and Shibalba have really different tastes, cause I didn't like the Fountain either.

Sorry for being negative.

haha it's cool for me it just hits this fucking core of lost love that makes me just very very sad. it's his way with words, his know how on putting pauses in speech, i dunno just everything. it's like i know what he is trying to say at the most simplest of emotions

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #18 on: 02/ 03/ 2011, 08:56:49 PM »
This is in my top 10 favorite animes of all time.

Manic Maverick

• Fuckwut
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #19 on: 02/ 03/ 2011, 11:15:30 PM »
Cromartie High School

YES. XD Same here.

Simply amazing.