Anime of the Internet Age
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Anime of the Internet Age  (Read 173850 times)

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #20 on: 02/ 05/ 2011, 07:48:15 PM »
Looking for recommendations, please.

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • ⑨ Hime-Cut's, Loli's and scythes are best in life.
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #21 on: 02/ 05/ 2011, 07:51:17 PM »

Nanoha if you are willing to watch past three episodes when it actually gets off the ground.

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #22 on: 02/ 05/ 2011, 08:23:38 PM »
Cromartie High School is hilarious and has 2 or 3 stories per episode (like mitsudomoe) so you don't have to watch the whole episode in one sitting (in case you only have a finite amount of time).

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #23 on: 02/ 05/ 2011, 08:29:16 PM »
The only "current gen" animes i've watched are like..Death Note and Samurai Shamploo D:

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #24 on: 02/ 05/ 2011, 08:44:49 PM »
Cromartie High School is hilarious and has 2 or 3 stories per episode (like mitsudomoe) so you don't have to watch the whole episode in one sitting (in case you only have a finite amount of time).

I started it back when Brightside recommended to to me a few months back; I didn't get the humor. I saw 4 episodes or so and didn't find it funny :(

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #25 on: 02/ 05/ 2011, 09:08:06 PM »
 Ergo Proxy and Trinity Blood.

fryfry

•   
    • MAL
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #26 on: 02/ 05/ 2011, 09:15:24 PM »
Ergo Proxy was really good, I'll look into Trinity Blood.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #27 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 01:52:35 AM »
Rozen Maiden if you can handle the giant piles of lolis. (they're all dolls tho. literally)

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • ⑨ Hime-Cut's, Loli's and scythes are best in life.
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #28 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 01:53:32 AM »

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #29 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 01:55:56 AM »
You didn't watch Rozen Maiden, Neonie? For real, I am surprised. There are two seasons, the second is called Rozen Maiden Traumend. (which I have not seen. :sadface:)

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #30 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 02:18:14 AM »
I started it back when Brightside recommended to to me a few months back; I didn't get the humor. I saw 4 episodes or so and didn't find it funny :(

The majority of it is surreal humour, so it's not everyone's cup of tea. I love surreal humour though, so it was amazing for me. XD

Ergo Proxy

This remains one of my favourite animes.

Oh, I also highly recommend Speed Grapher. It is amazing.

MoonStorm

• nubbin
  • Aaaaaaaaaa.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE!
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #31 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 02:29:30 AM »
Might I suggest 'Kino's Jurney'. It is by far one of the best philosophical anime out there. I recently re-watched and it still was vary entertaining.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #32 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 07:50:21 AM »

Since you've finished Gunbuster, your next assignment is Diebuster.

fryfry

•   
    • MAL
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #33 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 12:29:19 PM »
Really trying to get into Diebuster but this change to Moe, along with this terribly annoying lead, is rubbing me the wrong way :(

redlemon

•   
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #34 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 12:36:40 PM »
Well you could say the same for Gunbuster. Tough it out, it gets epic.

fryfry

•   
    • MAL
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #35 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 12:48:11 PM »
Really? I didn't find anything annoying about Gunbuster

redlemon

•   
    • Sketchbook
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #36 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 12:55:21 PM »
Hmm well The two main leads of Gunbuster and Diebuster have the same personalities and relationship between them.

fryfry

•   
    • MAL
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #37 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 12:59:09 PM »
Are we both talking about Nono? I'm fine with the princess.

redlemon

•   
    • Sketchbook
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #38 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 01:11:37 PM »
Well yeah, Nono's a bit more hyperactive than Noriko but there very similar.

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #39 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 01:51:20 PM »
@Fryfry
Check out the series Blade of the Immortal and the movie Blade of the Phantom Master. I really liked both.