Anime of the Internet Age
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Anime of the Internet Age  (Read 106127 times)

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
« Reply #2200 on: 07/ 10/ 2012, 05:38:46 PM »
You're so not ready.

PeterSimp

•   
  • Diagnosed grumpy bum face
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Bears tee hee hee Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Inufantry
« Reply #2201 on: 07/ 10/ 2012, 05:40:20 PM »
You're so not ready.

Wedding just happened... I'm going to bed...

Loak

• POMF=3
  •   
  • Loli Apprentice and Kuroneko's Illegitimate Child
  • Badges SCIENCE! Beedog Approved Moonspeaker Cosplayer Manly Man Spotted Memebon Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Bears
« Reply #2202 on: 07/ 10/ 2012, 07:56:07 PM »
ARRHG MY FEELINGS!

And I'm only a third of the way through Clannad... it's only gonna get worse isn't it?

I blame you Loak...

Edit: I should stop watching, think manly thoughts, think manly thoughts, think manly thoughts :c
IT'S OKAY TO CRY MULTIPLE TIMES

Melanon

•   
  • pizza police
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #2203 on: 07/ 13/ 2012, 09:57:12 PM »
Finished FLCL.

I thought it was a great little series. The music and animation were fantastic.

Munchems

•   
  • Spooky Antares
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Sauninda Classiest of the classy Item Shop Rockmelon Game Night Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #2204 on: 07/ 13/ 2012, 10:12:18 PM »
Ride On Shooting Star!

Manic Maverick

• Fuckwut
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Mr. Foetus
« Reply #2205 on: 07/ 14/ 2012, 06:12:15 AM »
Can you feel that hybrid rainbow? No? Well, good. You're not...really supposed to be able to feel rainbows at all, actually. If you can feel it, then it's probably a fake rainbow that someone made to trick you. And anyway, you can't really make a hybrid rainbow. Mixing a rainbow with anything would cause all sorts of disasters.

It's 4am and I'm gonna go to sleep now because I can't quite make sense of the words escaping my brain.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
« Reply #2206 on: 07/ 14/ 2012, 03:05:36 PM »
FLCL really got me into the pillows as a band. Previously I was exclusively all about Ajikan (Asian Kung Fu Generation) but the pillows have some pretty awesome stuff.

Fool on the Planet and Wake up Wake up Wake up are two highly recommended albums

Manic Maverick

• Fuckwut
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Mr. Foetus
« Reply #2207 on: 07/ 16/ 2012, 06:13:34 PM »
The Pillows make my insides happy. Always. One of my favs from the FLCL OST:

The Pillows - Stalker Small | Large

Loak

• POMF=3
  •   
  • Badges SCIENCE! Beedog Approved Moonspeaker Cosplayer Manly Man Spotted Memebon Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Bears
« Reply #2208 on: 07/ 23/ 2012, 03:38:09 PM »

Loak

• POMF=3
  •   
« Reply #2209 on: 07/ 24/ 2012, 01:01:11 PM »
Nakamura-sensei gets Sand in her Lab Coat

OH SHIT DOUBLE POST

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
« Reply #2210 on: 07/ 24/ 2012, 04:58:58 PM »
watched the k-on movie a few days ago. it was alright.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #2211 on: 07/ 24/ 2012, 06:12:25 PM »
watched the k-on movie a few days ago. it was alright.

The best.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
« Reply #2212 on: 07/ 24/ 2012, 11:51:03 PM »
i liked it for sure, but it kind of felt like they didnt spend enough time in england. one of my very favorite things is seeing/hearing white people in anime so i feel like i got kind of short changed in that department.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
« Reply #2213 on: 07/ 25/ 2012, 01:47:12 PM »
^ Not too sure if I should watch the k-on movie since I didn't really like the series despite watching both seasons 1 and 2. But they are taking a holiday in my country so I might get a few giggles from it.

Strangely I've been getting a real urge to watch sailor moon which I always thought was a really girly anime back in the 90's. I still kinda do now but the nostalgia is drawing me in like a magnet.
Now that I'm more learned about anime and dubbing I find it hilarious that Molly/Naru's voice so Brooklyn!
Then again I wished the One Piece dub kept Sanji's brooklyn attitude too.

Melanon

•   
  • pizza police
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #2214 on: 07/ 25/ 2012, 02:12:55 PM »
Getting back into FMA: Brotherhood. Hopefully gonna see it through to the end this time.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
« Reply #2215 on: 07/ 25/ 2012, 02:45:48 PM »
At what point did you quit?

Melanon

•   
  • pizza police
« Reply #2216 on: 07/ 25/ 2012, 03:26:15 PM »
At what point did you quit?

Somewhere in the middle. This time I jumped-in around episode 20.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
« Reply #2217 on: 07/ 25/ 2012, 03:34:40 PM »
^ Ah you didn't get too far then.
I remember crunching the whole series in about 4 days since I needed to see what happend next.
The only thing I truly disliked at the start was the change in Alphonse's voice actor since he had grwn up when Brotherhood was being recorded so didn't sound like the 2003 guy
In retrospect the Brotherhood actor has a much less annoying voice to the non-viewer of anime

Melanon

•   
  • pizza police
« Reply #2218 on: 07/ 25/ 2012, 03:45:47 PM »
I agree. Wasn't a fan of his new voice at first, but I've definitely warmed-up to it.

Melanon

•   
  • pizza police
« Reply #2219 on: 07/ 27/ 2012, 04:34:17 PM »
Watched the Unlimited Blade Works movie for a second time. Man, the pacing of that movie's pretty terrible, but the fight scenes are great and I was rather impressed with the dub.