Anime of the Internet Age
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Anime of the Internet Age  (Read 176258 times)

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #3100 on: 08/ 24/ 2014, 11:44:42 AM »
Well, the archetype is currently called The Tall Dandere Girl That Is Obsessed With Adorable Things (Name Pending), but if I find a greater name I will change it.

Also, I just noticed...Sakaki, Sakai, Serika, Ze(Se)non...They all have Sa and Se. This must be some sort of universal denominator for all things tall and kawaii. So maybe the name could be Sasedere. Which sounds like a drunk person saying Saucy Derriere, so it's perfect.

EDIT: But Sase also means self-addressed on an envelope, so that won't work. Unless she mails out adorable things to herself so she can have the chance to get more adorable things in the mail. *Nosebleed*

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #3101 on: 08/ 28/ 2014, 03:36:20 AM »
Been watching Jigoku Sensei Nube.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #3102 on: 08/ 29/ 2014, 04:34:55 AM »
Started late into watching Knights of Sidonia and all I got to say is OMFG!

That is all.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
« Reply #3103 on: 09/ 08/ 2014, 11:40:19 AM »
Is Sword Art Online worth watching?
Kinda looks like a poor mans dot hack.

Loak

• POMF=3
  •   
  • Loli Apprentice and Kuroneko's Illegitimate Child
  • Badges SCIENCE! Beedog Approved Moonspeaker Cosplayer Manly Man Spotted Memebon Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Bears
« Reply #3104 on: 09/ 08/ 2014, 12:48:31 PM »

I'm not a fan.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #3105 on: 09/ 08/ 2014, 12:58:59 PM »
The first half of season 1 is good. The rest isn't.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #3106 on: 09/ 08/ 2014, 04:45:31 PM »
I like SAO a lot. So does Sharp. First season was stronger than second, although I feel strongly that the villain in season 2 was FAR creepier. Not caught up on season 3 yet.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
« Reply #3107 on: 09/ 08/ 2014, 04:58:38 PM »
I like SAO a lot.
Ditto. One of my favorites. Really enjoying SAOII.

JusticeDude

•   
  • j/k, it's always spookytime
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #3108 on: 09/ 08/ 2014, 08:44:24 PM »
I watched two or three episodes and stopped.  There's a scene really early on where the main character does this really fake sounding/awfully acted condescending laugh while telling everyone how GOOD AT VIDEOGAMES he is and how they'd never approach his level his skill because he was IN ON THE BETA, and at that point I turned it off for being insufferable.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
« Reply #3109 on: 09/ 08/ 2014, 08:49:52 PM »
...that was the point.

'Cause Kirito didn't wanna partner up with anyone so he decided to be a douche to keep people away from him.

JusticeDude

•   
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #3110 on: 09/ 08/ 2014, 08:53:02 PM »
...that was the point.

'Cause Kirito didn't wanna partner up with anyone so he decided to be a douche to keep people away from him.
I also have a personal aversion to MMOs and MMO culture.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #3111 on: 09/ 08/ 2014, 09:29:14 PM »
There were things I liked about that first season but at the end of the day the characters just weren't doing anything for me.

Kirito is one of the biggest Mary Sues I've seen in an anime to date, and Asuna's character gets completely shit on like half a season in. Also there was that annoying fairy child at one point? I only vaguely remember.

Man I went out and bought the book after reading that. I don't think the sex scene made it in, but I'm hoping there's more quality dialogue where that came from.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
« Reply #3112 on: 09/ 08/ 2014, 11:42:42 PM »
its definitely not what id call a "great anime", but im still watching it. i was really into the idea of it switching to a shooter in the latest series, though. i generally dig guns more than swords.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
« Reply #3113 on: 09/ 09/ 2014, 05:15:54 AM »
I guess I might give it a shot for one or two episodes so.

JusticeDude

•   
« Reply #3114 on: 09/ 13/ 2014, 01:52:22 PM »
Squid Girl <3 <3 <3

Sean

•   
  • foooooooooooooooooooooooomin
  • Badges Item Shop Rockmelon Game Night Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #3115 on: 09/ 20/ 2014, 12:17:39 AM »
Stand Alone Complex is good right? It's been sitting on my shelf for years now and I'm starting to eye it real hard. Feeling tempted to just drop everything for it.

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
  • Badges Bears Beedog Approved Item Shop Penguin Tagged Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Spotted Memebon tee hee hee Dancing with Myself
« Reply #3116 on: 09/ 20/ 2014, 12:03:42 PM »
question, is uchuu senkan yamato 2199 a remake of the original or do I need to watch the old series first?

second question, even if I don't need to watch the original would anyone recommend it over the remake?

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
    • My Anime List
« Reply #3117 on: 09/ 20/ 2014, 12:18:28 PM »
It's a remake. I have not seen it though, so I can't speak of it's quality.

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
  • Badges Bears Beedog Approved Item Shop Penguin Tagged Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Spotted Memebon tee hee hee Dancing with Myself
« Reply #3118 on: 09/ 21/ 2014, 02:55:56 PM »
Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199.

gotta say, frikkin dope so far.

edit: has an awesome soundtrack as well, dat 1:02

大河ヤマトのテーマ / Yamato saga Theme

edit deux: finished, fucking crying too.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #3119 on: 09/ 29/ 2014, 10:56:24 PM »
Ok, so next up for me will be rewatching Champloo (Dandy got me in the mood), Outlaw Star, and Jojo's. I'm also thinking about Fullmetal Alchemist, Psycho Pass, and the Madoka movies.

god, look at this nerd. watching anime and shit.

Stand Alone Complex is good right? It's been sitting on my shelf for years now and I'm starting to eye it real hard. Feeling tempted to just drop everything for it.

YES