Anime of the Internet Age
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Anime of the Internet Age  (Read 176699 times)

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #3200 on: 07/ 31/ 2015, 05:04:34 PM »
Finished Sword Art Online last and I enjoyed it! It's little cheesy, but in a charming. I agree with the typical sentiment that SAO is stronger than ALO. It was a huge bummer to see Asuna go from being a part of this badass battle couple to a fucking damsel in distress. His sister was cool though. And boy did they like reminding you that she got boobies. I wouldn't I'm too into super OP characters, but there's something I like about Kirito. He's just a giant dork.

(ALO ending stuff) I loved how the last boss got curb stomped. Just like "You ain't shit and the creator of this world thinks you ain't shit, so get the fuck out."

I see a lot of stuff about harems thrown around as a criticism, but I don't really see it. Like yeah, there are 4-5 girls that are into him, but they only show up for a little while and it's very clear that Kirito only has eyes for Asuna. I know that there can be harems with a canon couple, but it just doesn't seem like they were going with that. Maybe it gets worse in the next season. And the incest stuff, that's just friggin anime, man.

It certainly has issues and some problematic shit, but it was a total blast to watch.

Also I think it's really cute when couple cosplay Kirito and Asuna.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #3201 on: 08/ 11/ 2015, 10:52:46 PM »
Watching Code Geass.

That scene with Nina, right? I'm impressed they went with that method. But like, she had to do it in the Lamperouge's house? Weirdo couldn't wait to get back to her room? Girl needs Jesus.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
« Reply #3202 on: 08/ 16/ 2015, 10:43:44 PM »
Watching Akame Ga Kill on Toonami. I love Leone. And I get the feeling she's gonna die.

JusticeDude

•   
  • j/k, it's always spookytime
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #3203 on: 09/ 15/ 2015, 01:27:14 PM »
I'm going to Anime Weekend Atlanta the weekend after next. Important question: what are some good tittay shows I can pick up on DVD?

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
« Reply #3204 on: 09/ 26/ 2015, 10:29:27 PM »
Another.

Great atmosphere with campy gore. Love it.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #3205 on: 09/ 29/ 2015, 03:20:39 AM »
Another.

Great atmosphere with campy gore. Love it.

One of my favs. <3

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
« Reply #3206 on: 09/ 30/ 2015, 10:02:43 PM »
So Symphogear. Hot damn. Mecha magical girls kicking ass while singing. It is SO my shit. The first season is a little shaky in spots. It's pretty clear they didn't really know where they wanted to go with it from the start, but they pull it together at the end. The second season is a lot more confident because of that. And I'm just starting the new season, but they are not wasting any time escalating things. I also really love how the character names and relics are blatantly just a bunch of words they threw together because they sound cool.

I'm really surprised that it seems like no one is talking about it. I think it'll appeal to pretty broad audience. Hopefully having the full run on Crunchyroll will get some more attention.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
« Reply #3207 on: 10/ 01/ 2015, 04:57:10 AM »
Tried watching the first few episodes and it didn't really grab me since I didn't think much of the songs. I do intend on giving it a second chance though.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
« Reply #3208 on: 10/ 01/ 2015, 04:36:16 PM »
I can understand that. Like I said, it's pretty clear they weren't sure where they wanted to take the show early on. They pull it together really well by the end and G is a much stronger season because of that. I was just so in love with the initial concept that I didn't really mind.

Also I like the songs more than most other idol show songs but personal taste, of course.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
« Reply #3209 on: 11/ 09/ 2015, 10:42:01 PM »
I'm like 3 episodes into Cross Ange and it's already a fuckin disaster.

Let me preface this by saying that up there wasn't a negative.

But man, they have shifted in high gear after those early episodes. Good character development, a pretty kickass story, great mech fights, Nana Mizuki singing. This show is rad as hell. I picked it up because people keep saying it's super dumb, and it is in a lot of ways. But there is some damn good stuff in there that doesn't get enough credit.

And I forgot to mention how one of the few male characters constantly falls face first into Ange's crotch. And then when he complements her by saying she has beautiful blonde hair, he follows it up by saying she's also blonde down there. THIS SHOW IS PRETTY GREAT.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
« Reply #3210 on: 11/ 15/ 2015, 11:13:16 PM »
I'm triple-posting because Jesus Christ Cross Ange.

I'm adapting this from twitter. You know what might be the craziest thing about Cross Ange? The fact that despite having huge amounts of nudity and fanservice, there are no nipples, even on the blu-ray version. In particular, there's MULTIPLE scenes late in the series with characters completely topless and uncovered with no nips. Plus certain other parts that are missing, but I'll get to that. It's so weird! Like if you're gonna that far, go all the way! It makes everyone seem like deformed, nipple-less freaks. And it's even weirder considering how far the fanservice and sexual stuff goes. It's so weird. It's so weird!

And then we get to the later episodes where Tusk and Momoka sacrifice themselves, like they're crazy killed for reals. And then Tusk shows up in the next episode completely and totally fine and finally gets it on with Ange. Afterward there's a panning shot over them nude and there's nothing there. No nips, no genitals, just full Barbie doll. Momoka is also completely fine because a frying pan in her shirt stopped a bullet. Tusk is safe because he's Naruto now or something. But really, the reason they're alive is fuck it. That's it. Because fuck it. And you know what? I'm totally fine with it. That's the kind of show Cross Ange is.

The show is the exact kind of stupidity I love. AND I HAVEN'T EVEN FINISHED.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #3211 on: 12/ 21/ 2015, 09:26:57 PM »
Been watching the remainder of Ore Monogatari. Fell head over heels for Yukika. Was super pissed when Sunakawa didn't respond to her affections. I would have done so immediately. Ugh, I just want to hug her. Even more than Yamato, which is saying a lot.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
« Reply #3212 on: 07/ 30/ 2016, 07:29:45 AM »
Finished One Punch Man.
It's ok. I'm unsure about why it's madly popular outside the fact that Saitama is ridiculously OP and it's funny to see him waste opponents in a single hit.
The story gets old when you are just waiting for Saitama to be fixing everything.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #3213 on: 07/ 31/ 2016, 12:28:53 AM »
Because it's funny.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
« Reply #3214 on: 08/ 29/ 2016, 12:50:20 PM »
Watched Mind Game for the first time yesterday and the more I think about it the more I liked it.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
« Reply #3215 on: 08/ 06/ 2017, 01:07:47 PM »
Started Yuyushiki. Another slice of life starring school girls.
I do get a strong sense of Nichijou mixed with Lucky Star but a diluted version of both of them and a different flavour altogether.

The antics aren't on par or wacky as Nichijou and the character designs aren't as charming or attractive as those in Lucky Star. It's something that does fill the slice of life hole I had and the entire series is on youtube

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
« Reply #3216 on: 09/ 09/ 2017, 02:56:14 AM »
Binged Attack on Titan Season 2 since the dub is out!

Still brings the goosebumps, anticipation, and butts to the edge of seats.
My GOD it's sooo good at drawing you in!

Sean

•   
  • foooooooooooooooooooooooomin
  • Badges Item Shop Rockmelon Game Night Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #3217 on: 09/ 09/ 2017, 05:57:59 AM »
I've only seen a few episodes so far, but does FLCL ever get more coherent?

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
« Reply #3218 on: 09/ 11/ 2017, 03:56:19 AM »
I've only seen a few episodes so far, but does FLCL ever get more coherent?
Nope, I'm still watching youtube analysis of it to this day