Anime of the Internet Age
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Anime of the Internet Age  (Read 176259 times)

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #40 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 10:03:18 PM »
Noted.

Also, ended up enjoying Diebuster. I did not see that ending coming. Also, now that I've seen this, Gurren Lagann is no longer as amazing to me as it once was.

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • ⑨ Hime-Cut's, Loli's and scythes are best in life.
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #41 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 10:52:49 PM »
You didn't watch Rozen Maiden, Neonie? For real, I am surprised. There are two seasons, the second is called Rozen Maiden Traumend. (which I have not seen. :sadface:)

I am going to buy the double season box on Amazon when my Taxes come in.

If you wanna check it out, it's here: http://amzn.to/e408xw

Not a bad price for 2 seasons of anime, considering you only pay slightly less for one.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #42 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 10:54:41 PM »
RozenMaiden is brilliant, definitely your type of thing Neonie.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #43 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 11:00:20 PM »
That is a good price too. However, I'll be saving up my money for MegaCon so I'll probably wait on it.

Lunarmoth

•   
  • Zzz... Always Sleeping
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry SCIENCE! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Dancing with Myself Secret Santa 2010
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #44 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 11:45:11 PM »
I watched Rozen Maiden; both seasons. It was good if that your kind of show, but even still I don't fell like picking up the box set.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #45 on: 02/ 08/ 2011, 05:50:08 AM »
Looking for recommendations, please.

Code Geass was pretty fun.  It has a serious battlefield chess plot, but throws in crazy random shit like table-humping and heavy Pizza Hut marketing

I hate that Geass memes have disappeared from the Internet.

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #46 on: 02/ 08/ 2011, 06:57:11 AM »
I hate that Geass memes have disappeared from the Internet.

Same. I miss Spinzaku :(

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #47 on: 02/ 08/ 2011, 07:07:10 AM »

weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

JusticeDude

•   
  • j/k, it's always spookytime
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #48 on: 02/ 08/ 2011, 08:05:25 AM »
Because I mentioned it in the Bar: Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan.
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan OP Small | Large

It's a wonderful anime about an angel sent from the future to assassinate a schoolboy before he invents an anti-aging potion that will halt the growth all human women at age 10.  She falls in love with him instead, but sometimes still kills him with her holy club Excalibolg because she is crazy ape bonkers, only to resurrect him with her magical chant.  Eventually her rival and "younger" sister show up to add some crazy characters to the mix.

The show is short with <15 minute episodes that are extremely fast paced and insane, and the whole series is only 12 short episodes.  You can pick it up in a two disc set for fairly cheap, and it is 100% worth your time and money.

fryfry

•   
    • MAL
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #49 on: 02/ 08/ 2011, 09:30:40 AM »
Hahaha, I love the Nunnally kick <3

and it is 100% worth your time and money.

Oh how I struggled to make it through that show... Weird considering it seemed like something I'd enjoy.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #50 on: 02/ 08/ 2011, 01:27:17 PM »
Dokuro-Chan.

I loved that show. And Binkan Salaryman is my hero, nearly on par with Kimura-sensei. He would be even more on par if he had his own spin-off series. But he doesn't... :C

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #51 on: 02/ 09/ 2011, 07:20:54 PM »
Just found out that Makoto Shinkai has a new film coming out called Children Who Chase Lost Voices From Deep Below out in Japan in May.  This guy can easily make me weep like a little baby, not gonna lie here I probably cried during all of his works.

Wasn't Voices of a Distant star something he made in his own time on a work computer or something like that?

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #52 on: 02/ 10/ 2011, 07:22:14 AM »
Which reminds me, Netflix still doesn't have 5 cm per second, but they do have The Place Promised in Our Early Days. 

For streaming (!)

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #53 on: 02/ 10/ 2011, 08:55:30 AM »
^ 5 Cm per second is probably my favorite one.

Wasn't Voices of a Distant star something he made in his own time on a work computer or something like that?

I think his first film, the short She and Her Cat was done on his own time. Voices i believe was done on his own with a Power Mac G4.

redlemon

•   
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #54 on: 02/ 10/ 2011, 04:20:38 PM »
For some reason I can't bring myself to watch kimi ni todoke so I started watching Durarara! instead. Only 3 episodes in but it kinda seems like Guy ritchie the anime.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #55 on: 02/ 10/ 2011, 05:12:49 PM »
Everything Shinkai touches is gold.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #56 on: 02/ 10/ 2011, 05:33:22 PM »
For some reason I can't bring myself to watch kimi ni todoke.

I was the same way until I watched the first episode. worth it.

redlemon

•   
    • Sketchbook
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #57 on: 02/ 10/ 2011, 05:39:56 PM »
I was the same way until I watched the first episode. worth it.

I watched the first season and adored it. I know I'll get into it again eventually, I just need to get into the right mindset again.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #58 on: 02/ 10/ 2011, 11:15:29 PM »
I posted this in the old school thread because it was brought up, but I think it be more appropriate in here: http://www.youtube.com/show/x

Plus seeing it up there reminded me that CLAMP (creators of X) did character designs for Code Geas

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #59 on: 02/ 12/ 2011, 06:24:14 PM »
Watching the first Gurren Lagann movie. I forgot how much of this series is engraved in my memory.