Anime of the Internet Age
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Anime of the Internet Age  (Read 108155 times)

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Nuuudisto beeech
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #60 on: 02/ 15/ 2011, 04:22:29 PM »
Yay, Cowboy Bebop movie's Netflix-streamable \o/

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #61 on: 02/ 15/ 2011, 10:03:59 PM »
For those of you who don't know (and who still buy anime DVDs) Summer Wars came out today on DVD and BLU-RAY.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #62 on: 02/ 16/ 2011, 04:02:48 PM »
Finished Durarara. It was enjoyable. Is there any decent fan translations of the light novels? Might give them a read once I get a kindle.

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #63 on: 02/ 22/ 2011, 10:46:17 AM »
Currently watching the first episode of Lucky Star. DEAR GOD STOP TALKING ABOUT HOW YOU EAT STUFF!!! I hope its gets better.

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #64 on: 02/ 22/ 2011, 11:35:08 AM »
If you don't find that enjoyable, you may as well stop. That's what the show is, Moe Seinfeld.

Lunarmoth

•   
  • Zzz... Always Sleeping
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry SCIENCE! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Dancing with Myself Secret Santa 2010
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #65 on: 02/ 22/ 2011, 11:39:07 AM »
Moe Seinfeld.
Kinda good way to put it now that I think about it. But the 'nothingness' of it is kinda why I like it, just give it a few eps and if you like it, you like it; if you don't, you don't.

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #66 on: 02/ 22/ 2011, 11:47:34 AM »
Yeah, that's why I really enjoyed it too. It's just a nice, light, fun show.

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #67 on: 02/ 22/ 2011, 12:09:19 PM »
If you don't find that enjoyable, you may as well stop. That's what the show is, Moe Seinfeld.
I will not give up on it so easily.

fryfry

•   
    • MAL
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #68 on: 02/ 22/ 2011, 12:10:28 PM »

Good :P

JusticeDude

•   
  • SPOOKYTIME
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #69 on: 02/ 22/ 2011, 01:46:51 PM »
You betta not.

redlemon

•   
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #70 on: 02/ 23/ 2011, 06:05:14 PM »
I couldn't get into lucky star at all. I do love a particular doujin (not that kind) about kagami and konata after they leave school though.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #71 on: 02/ 23/ 2011, 06:22:01 PM »
I do love a particular doujin (not that kind)...

You're only lying to yourself ;p

redlemon

•   
    • Sketchbook
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #72 on: 02/ 23/ 2011, 06:39:49 PM »
Oh I don't mind that kind either.

Manic Maverick

• Fuckwut
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #73 on: 02/ 23/ 2011, 06:56:59 PM »
Yeah, that's why I really enjoyed it too. It's just a nice, light, fun show.

That's why I loved it as well. It's the slice of life show of all slice of life shows. And it manages to make the most mundane things hilarious and entertaining.

It also made me want one of these really fucking bad:

Like...you have no idea how much I want one of these. Partially to test the "which side is better" question.

Manic Maverick

• Fuckwut
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #74 on: 02/ 24/ 2011, 01:54:25 AM »
Speaking of Lucky Star...This is a thing that will be happening (NSFW site). What the fuck. XD I'm not sure what to think about this at all.

Other than it will be amaaaaaazing.

fryfry

•   
    • MAL
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #75 on: 02/ 24/ 2011, 09:14:49 AM »
Kinda curious to see how that's going to work. I've seen the Bleach musical, but that at least followed the story line. Since nothing really happens, I'm not sure what they could even sing about.

Manic Maverick

• Fuckwut
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #76 on: 02/ 25/ 2011, 01:42:11 AM »
All I know is that they better do the cheer dance:

Lucky ☆ Star - OP Full Dance (らき☆すた) Small | Large

If they don't, all will be lost.

Also, as said in the Bar, I've been watching Natsume Yuujinchou and loving it. I love creepy Japanese folklore stories, especially when they involve creepy monsters existing just out of sight in normal, everyday society. It reminds me of xxxHolic, but a bit less ridiculous. XD

Waiting for an adorable onryo girl to show up. There better be one.

fryfry

•   
    • MAL
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #77 on: 02/ 26/ 2011, 10:09:22 PM »
Just as a heads up, CR has 5 centimeters on sale for ~$17 (DVD) http://www.crunchyroll.com/deals/5-centimeters-per-second-dvd-by-crunchyroll-361

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #78 on: 02/ 27/ 2011, 08:46:05 PM »
Watched the first episode of The Sacred Blacksmith and its a thing indeed. Is Funamation running out of ideas or something? In the first episode they make a transmutation circle in order to make a sword. Other then that this show isn't bad, it would do well on adult swim (if not for the nudity).

fryfry

•   
    • MAL
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #79 on: 02/ 27/ 2011, 10:14:44 PM »
I dropped it to wait for the BD releases for the sexy tits. Then I forgot.

I have NO idea why Funi picked it up.