Anime of the Internet Age
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Anime of the Internet Age  (Read 176232 times)

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #80 on: 02/ 27/ 2011, 10:24:39 PM »
Started Bakemonogatari. Hitagi is awesome. That is all.

The show itself isn't bad either

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #81 on: 02/ 27/ 2011, 10:28:33 PM »
Started Bakemonogatari. Hitagi is awesome. That is all.

I fell in lover with her by episode 2 then fell in love with her 10x over again by episode 12.

Also, surprised you must started watching it. If it wasn't for MacrossF it'd be It's my top anime of 2009.

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #82 on: 02/ 27/ 2011, 10:29:55 PM »
Oh god, that scene in the car. Bonrar to the nth degree. Love love loved that show.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #83 on: 02/ 27/ 2011, 10:31:15 PM »
DAT CAR HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGNH

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #84 on: 02/ 27/ 2011, 10:34:20 PM »
I fell in lover with her by episode 2
I fell in love with her the moment she shoved that stapler and ruler or whatever that was into Araragi's mouth.

Also, currently on episode 2 myself. She just keeps getting better and better

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #85 on: 02/ 27/ 2011, 10:42:57 PM »
It will continue that way up until the ending, at which point you will yell and be upset that there isn't any more.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #86 on: 02/ 27/ 2011, 10:56:58 PM »
It will continue that way up until the ending, at which point you will yell and be upset that there isn't any more.

I did this.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
    • My Anime List
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #87 on: 02/ 27/ 2011, 10:58:46 PM »
You guys are building it up. It better live up to your hyping hype!

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #88 on: 02/ 27/ 2011, 11:12:55 PM »

I did this too, to such an extent that Calpis and I were discussing it and:

me: Can't wait for the last couple episodes to be posted
calpis: which one did you see last?
me: the one with the [sperlers]
calpis: That was the final episode, dude
me: ...

I so didn't want it to end that my subconscious tricked me into thinking it hadn't ended. Fucking amazing show.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #89 on: 02/ 27/ 2011, 11:16:30 PM »
In all honesty, I haven't watched 14 and 15. I have them, I'm just waiting for the right mood to be alone with Hitagi for a while.

Also to be clear, 12 is the end of the TV run and 13-15 are web/dvd releases.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #90 on: 02/ 27/ 2011, 11:18:53 PM »
I haven't either, for the same reason. But I remember thinking the TV run hadn't ended yet, which it totally had. It was very upsetting.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #91 on: 02/ 27/ 2011, 11:26:39 PM »
 I couldn't get past the second episode, the first two bored me. A LOT.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #92 on: 02/ 27/ 2011, 11:27:03 PM »
me after ep12

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #93 on: 02/ 27/ 2011, 11:34:18 PM »
I couldn't get past the second episode, the first two bored me. A LOT.

The show is 96% exposition, 3% action, 1% black screens. It's a Tarantino-esque take on anime.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
    • My Anime List
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #94 on: 02/ 27/ 2011, 11:35:04 PM »
On the third, this whole park scene is charming.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #95 on: 02/ 27/ 2011, 11:38:16 PM »
On the third, this whole park scene is charming.

That seems familiar. Maybe I made it to episode 3.

I have no problem with dialog heavy shows, but something about that show just... ugh. It's too bad too, because all I hear about it are good things.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #96 on: 02/ 27/ 2011, 11:39:56 PM »
I remember giving this warning to Topher when he was watching it so I'll give it to you too. You will NOT be ready for what happens at the beginning of episode 5.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
    • My Anime List
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #97 on: 02/ 27/ 2011, 11:44:26 PM »
Seriously guys, if I end up disappoint I'm blaming it on all of you. You will here from my imaginary attorney.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #98 on: 02/ 27/ 2011, 11:51:06 PM »
Ep 12 made up for all the things that might have been considered bad about the series. Like if you docked off points for everything it did bad, it'd be a hypothetical -30points, then ep 12 happens and its +10,000points.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Current Generation Anime
« Reply #99 on: 02/ 27/ 2011, 11:53:30 PM »
Ep 12 made up for all the things that might have been considered bad about the series. Like if you docked off points for everything it did bad, it'd be a hypothetical -30points, then ep 12 happens and its +10,000points.

This.