Anamanaguchi!
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Anamanaguchi!  (Read 2161 times)

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
Anamanaguchi!
« on: 02/ 04/ 2011, 11:06:18 AM »
I checked around and there's no thread for these guys yet. Chiptune band that combines 8-Bit with real instruments, definitely my favourite chiptune act, if not one of my favourite bands. They also did the music for the Scott Pilgrim game, while I liked it, I felt it was decidedly more "game-y" than their usual stuff (not necessarily a bad thing!)

Anamanaguchi - Sting Operation Small | Large

Anamanaguchi - Power Supply Small | Large

Anamanaguchi - 4 - Danger Mountain Small | Large

Anamanaguchi - 6 - Tempest Teamwork Triumph (At Sea) Small | Large

Discuss!

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Anamanaguchi!
« Reply #1 on: 02/ 04/ 2011, 03:01:21 PM »
Definitely a damn awesome band. Though I feel like all of their songs sound too similar. I loved the Scott Pilgrim game OST because they did a lot of experimentation it seemed. Not that I dislike them even remotely though. They were one of the first chiptune musicians I ever listened to outside of video game music, and gave me a big push into making chiptunes myself.

Anamanaguchi - Helix Nebula Small | Large

Anamanaguchi - Airbrushed

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game - The Dark One

AzNheadbanger

•   
  • #1 Dance Central fan
  • Badges tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Anamanaguchi!
« Reply #2 on: 02/ 10/ 2011, 12:08:15 PM »
They're playing 3 shows within an hour and a half of my house in Aprl. There's one in my city that I'm going to, but I'm tempted to see them at all their shows in Northern California after how awesome they were when I saw them last summer.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Anamanaguchi!
« Reply #3 on: 02/ 10/ 2011, 12:17:51 PM »
I'm gonna try and see the ones in Stockton, Orangevale and L.A.

AzNheadbanger

•   
  • #1 Dance Central fan
  • Badges tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Anamanaguchi!
« Reply #4 on: 02/ 10/ 2011, 01:44:48 PM »
I'm gonna try and see the ones in  Orangevale
You already figured out a place to crash at? If not you can stay at my house.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Anamanaguchi!
« Reply #5 on: 02/ 24/ 2011, 11:16:16 AM »
I love these dudes, just started listening to them several months ago and everytime i put them on no matter how i feel they always cheer me up.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
Anamanaguchi!
« Reply #6 on: 02/ 25/ 2011, 03:08:33 AM »
Man I fucking love these guys.
Helix Nebula is my ringtone atm and I still play Scott Pilgrim cause of the music (oh and the gameplay is awesome aswell)
Kinda sad they don't really do many gigs in ye olde England

arglactable

• nubbin
Anamanaguchi!
« Reply #7 on: 02/ 28/ 2011, 02:53:26 PM »
These guys are good and all, but I can't help but feel the're overrated. There are other acts that have combined chiptune and real instrumentation better, IMO. Chromelodeon, for example.

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
Anamanaguchi!
« Reply #8 on: 03/ 04/ 2011, 08:26:37 PM »
Man I fucking love these guys.
Helix Nebula is my ringtone atm and I still play Scott Pilgrim cause of the music (oh and the gameplay is awesome aswell)
Kinda sad they don't really do many gigs in ye olde England

Teeeeeeell me about it.

Sonic9jct

•   
  • Wubba lubba dub dub
  • Badges Moonspeaker Artsy Fartsy Sauninda Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
    • Sanpozeit
Anamanaguchi!
« Reply #9 on: 04/ 14/ 2011, 12:19:54 AM »
I went to one of their shows earlier this year.  Best week of my life, that was the same week as Magfest.  Anyway, they are AMAZING live.  They sound a lot more ethereal in person, it has to be experienced.

Funny story, though.  Right as they came on to play, there was some drunk guy and his buddy harassing them, so the lead guitarist was all like "okay, so you're my THAT guy."  Well, That Guy kept being incredibly obnoxious the whole time, including failing to crowd surf by jumping off the stage five times.  Including once onto someone who had already been crowdsurfing and upon a timid little couple in the front.  Near the end, because the earlier bands took so damn long, they didn't have time to play Mermaid, so took a request instead.  So I shouted "ANOTHER WINTER!" (from the SP) game and they managed to hear me and played that instead.  At which point the ENTIRE floor erupted into a violent moshpit.  It was like being in a beat-em-up, it was amazing.  We left the club only to find our car had been towed in the middle of a very bad part of town, but that's another story for another time.

In short, it was awesome seeing them live.

JusticeDude

•   
  • j/k, it's always spookytime
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Anamanaguchi!
« Reply #10 on: 04/ 26/ 2011, 07:35:10 PM »
I love Shrine Bros., also from the SP soundtrack.  It's easily my most listened to gooch song.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Anamanaguchi!
« Reply #11 on: 01/ 28/ 2013, 09:36:05 AM »
New Song

Meow from their upcoming 2013 album Endless Fantasy

Meow

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
Anamanaguchi!
« Reply #12 on: 01/ 28/ 2013, 12:29:42 PM »
'Luff it!

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • All You Can Eat
Anamanaguchi!
« Reply #13 on: 01/ 28/ 2013, 12:48:47 PM »
I am really looking forward to it!

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
Anamanaguchi!
« Reply #14 on: 05/ 23/ 2013, 02:48:39 PM »
Anamanaguchi now makes sense to me, most of their parents have a background in music.

http://www.polygon.com/features/2013/5/20/4331048/anamanaguchi-the-ninja-turtles-of-rock

Good read, long read pretty much everything you want to know about them.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
Anamanaguchi!
« Reply #15 on: 04/ 03/ 2016, 12:08:21 PM »
Gonna rez this cause man what the hell is happening with these guys.

They work with a dev, flip out on twitter, and release a unity game on mediafire.
The game looks like a incomplete sandbox full of secrets under the guise of a new album Capsule Silence XXIV.

I wasn't bothered to play through the game and look into code etc. so I went to good ol' reddit to hook me up.
Man those tunes are killer. I don't know the official soundtrack order but the one I has a solid first disc.
Melodic, strong beats, and I think some of their best work ever (Wasn't a massive fan of Endless Fantasy).

Some say this was an ARG or marketing ploy meltdown for the release of the album. Whatever it is, it's quite interesting