Currently Readans
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Currently Readans  (Read 9686 times)

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Keenan Payne
Currently Readans
« on: 02/ 05/ 2011, 11:38:45 AM »
So, I guess the readans forum might as well have a "recent readans" as well, huh? So, what have all of you guys been reading, be it a magazine, book, website article, all of that good stuff.

I've been recently reading the most recent issue of Wired, The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck, and The Daybreakers by louis l'amour for a western english class.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Currently Readans
« Reply #1 on: 02/ 05/ 2011, 02:18:31 PM »
:)

Reading A Storm of Sword right now. Although I kind of don't wanna read on cause one character is in a good situation and I really don't want that to change...

Also reading some comics on the computer. Trying out Daytripper and I'll read Y: The Last Man again.
Also some DMZ, those first two TPB are really, really good!

Agro

• nubbin
  • Badges Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears
Currently Readans
« Reply #2 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 11:37:07 AM »
:)

Reading A Storm of Sword right now. Although I kind of don't wanna read on cause one character is in a good situation and I really don't want that to change...

I'm reading A Clash of Kings right now. Such a great series!

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Currently Readans
« Reply #3 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 11:44:11 AM »
First time around?
How far in are you?

Agro

• nubbin
  • Badges Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears
Currently Readans
« Reply #4 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 11:45:51 AM »
Yeah, first time. And I just started it recently, so I'm only a few chapters in.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Currently Readans
« Reply #5 on: 02/ 06/ 2011, 08:54:04 PM »
Tell me what you think when you are done! :D

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Keenan Payne
Currently Readans
« Reply #6 on: 02/ 15/ 2011, 06:54:10 PM »
Just started reading The Big Sky by A.B. Guthrie. Really good book so far, lots of action like you'd expect from a western

Mecegirl

• nubbin
  • Badges tee hee hee Inufantry It's a Lady! Bears
Currently Readans
« Reply #7 on: 03/ 08/ 2011, 07:34:05 PM »
I have just started Flight from Neveryon by Delany.

Portaperro

• nubbin
  • Pronounced Port-ah-pehr-roh
  • Badges Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The First Pint
Currently Readans
« Reply #8 on: 04/ 13/ 2011, 07:33:40 PM »
I'm about half way through News of a Kidnapping by Gabriel García Márquez. It is pretty good, it's a non-fiction book about several kidnappings in Colombia in the early 90s. Pretty heartwrenching stuff.

Recommended, even though there is a bit of Colombian politics peppered in the book that might not be to everyone's liking.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
Currently Readans
« Reply #9 on: 04/ 30/ 2011, 03:16:28 AM »
Slum Online by Hiroshi Sakurazaka. this discount bookstore had a bunch of translated japanese books, i grabbed this one on a whim. its about a guy in college trying to live his life, while he hunts an infamous player in this fighting game MMO in his spare time. pretty easy read so far, its pretty short.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
Currently Readans
« Reply #10 on: 05/ 05/ 2011, 02:07:52 PM »
Started reading Lord of the Flies for English class.

It's kind of depressing because I know how it's gonna end :(

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Currently Readans
« Reply #11 on: 05/ 05/ 2011, 02:12:06 PM »
I didn't like the book so much...
Was booooring! ;D

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
Currently Readans
« Reply #12 on: 05/ 05/ 2011, 02:15:37 PM »
Was booooring! ;D

Well I basically had a choice of either LOTF or Frankenstein and I didn't feel like reading a book written in Ye Olde English.

Lunarmoth

•   
  • Zzz... Always Sleeping
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry SCIENCE! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Dancing with Myself Secret Santa 2010
Currently Readans
« Reply #13 on: 05/ 05/ 2011, 04:21:57 PM »
Started reading Lord of the Flies for English class.

It's kind of depressing because I know how it's gonna end :(
I with Schabracke on this one, book kinda dull. Good but was not my cup of tea.

Portaperro

• nubbin
  • Pronounced Port-ah-pehr-roh
  • Badges Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The First Pint
Currently Readans
« Reply #14 on: 05/ 06/ 2011, 06:49:21 AM »
Was booooring! ;D

Boring? Dull? You guys are crazy. LOTF is awesome.

Speaking of boring and dull, I'm finishing The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson.

Not good and badly written. I struggled through it and almost stopped reading it altogether several times. The first book was better, even though it wasn't impressive to begin with. But I've heard that the third one is better.
Let's see...

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Currently Readans
« Reply #15 on: 05/ 06/ 2011, 11:44:28 AM »
Now there we have a proper disagreement ^^

I loved the Stieglitz Larsson book, the first one totally blew me away. Yes they aren't perfect, but damn! You get the flies and I take Salander!

AzNheadbanger

•   
  • #1 Dance Central fan
  • Badges tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Currently Readans
« Reply #16 on: 05/ 15/ 2011, 03:53:57 AM »
I've been reading The Last Wish again in preparation for Witcher 2. The short stories in The Witcher series are a really great read if you're a fantasy fan.

Edit: In case anyone didn't know the books are what the game was based off of.
« Last Edit: 05/ 15/ 2011, 05:04:36 AM by AzNheadbanger »

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
Currently Readans
« Reply #17 on: 05/ 15/ 2011, 04:00:45 AM »
I've been reading The Last Wish again in preparation for Witcher 2. The short stories in The Witcher series are a really great read if you're a fantasy fan.
You have gone witcher crazy haven't you.

AzNheadbanger

•   
  • #1 Dance Central fan
  • Badges tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Currently Readans
« Reply #18 on: 05/ 15/ 2011, 04:46:45 AM »
I've had The Last Wish for almost 2 years and I've read it before and I'm also reading the other book Blood of Elves, but I'm definitely losing my shit about Witcher 2 right now.

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
Currently Readans
« Reply #19 on: 05/ 15/ 2011, 04:53:28 AM »
I've had The Last Wish for almost 2 years and I've read it before and I'm also reading the other book Blood of Elves, but I'm definitely losing my shit about Witcher 2 right now.
I would be too but my computer barley runs The Witcher right now. I will probably wait till get a beefyer rig to play The Witcher 2.