Currently Readans
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Currently Readans  (Read 9291 times)

JusticeDude

•   
  • j/k, it's always spookytime
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Currently Readans
« Reply #20 on: 05/ 15/ 2011, 10:31:20 AM »
Well I basically had a choice of either LOTF or Frankenstein and I didn't feel like reading a book written in Ye Olde English.
You crazy, man?  Frankenstein is excellent.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
Currently Readans
« Reply #21 on: 05/ 15/ 2011, 10:50:24 AM »
You crazy, man?  Frankenstein is excellent.

I regret my choice. And quite frankly, LOTF isn't very good so far.

Just need to plow through it and get it over with. there's nothing sexual about that sentence

AzNheadbanger

•   
  • #1 Dance Central fan
  • Badges tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Currently Readans
« Reply #22 on: 05/ 15/ 2011, 11:58:31 AM »
I regret my choice. And quite frankly, LOTF isn't very good so far.

Just need to plow through it and get it over with. there's nothing sexual about that sentence
Lord of The Flies took a while for me to enjoy it.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
Currently Readans
« Reply #23 on: 05/ 25/ 2011, 12:59:02 PM »
LOTF is getting readable. Imma try and finish it this week.

Portaperro

• nubbin
  • Pronounced Port-ah-pehr-roh
  • Badges Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The First Pint
Currently Readans
« Reply #24 on: 05/ 25/ 2011, 01:47:32 PM »
I'm almost finished with Atonement by Ian McEwan.

Awesome book.

Now I have like a million other books that I've bought but I really really want to buy and read A Feast for Crows because the Electric Hydra Book Club psyched me up for A Song of Ice and Fire again. Should I read it?

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Currently Readans
« Reply #25 on: 05/ 25/ 2011, 02:14:37 PM »
DO IT!

It aint that bad and it is a quick read. And you'll buy it anyways for Dance with Dragons. I say buy it used somewhere or new, shouldn't be that expensive...
(just skip though the Brienne chapters though, is what I did after a while)

Portaperro

• nubbin
    • The First Pint
Currently Readans
« Reply #26 on: 05/ 26/ 2011, 08:00:26 AM »
DO IT!

I JUST DID, SON!

Can't be happier. I think I'll finish Atonement in a day or so and then it's off to Westeros again.

I just glanced through A Feast for Crows and saw the chapter names -- The Soiled Knight, The Drowned God... WTF?! who are these people?!

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Currently Readans
« Reply #27 on: 05/ 26/ 2011, 08:22:26 AM »
hehe, you'll know soon enough, shit will go DOWN! Enjoy it :)

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
Currently Readans
« Reply #28 on: 05/ 31/ 2011, 09:23:23 AM »
Finished Lord of the Flies last night. The last couple of chapters were depressing as fuck but at least interesting. Overall I thought it was a pretty decent read but the first 2/3 if it were incredibly boring.

Anyway now I have to write an essay and make a presentation or whatever.

Portaperro

• nubbin
    • The First Pint
Currently Readans
« Reply #29 on: 08/ 18/ 2011, 10:19:26 AM »
After finishing A Dance With Dragons and having my mind partly blown away and partly dissappointed at the dragging of the plot, now I'm reading Empire: How Britain Made the Modern World by Niall Ferguson.

Because history. And real empires. And because I wasn't taught much British history since I'm Colombian and am living in the UK.

It's also surprisingly a good read, despite the writer trying to say "But the British weren't that bad, really" all over the place.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Currently Readans
« Reply #30 on: 08/ 18/ 2011, 10:46:58 AM »
Will start reading The Chick and the Dead on my lunch break today. Because I like Urban Fantasy genre books. So there.

http://www.amazon.com/Chick-Dead-Pepper-Martin-Mysteries/dp/0060821477

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
Currently Readans
« Reply #31 on: 08/ 18/ 2011, 11:56:10 AM »
Picked up Game of Thrones the other day. I'm only a couple of chapters in but I'm enjoying it.

Necros Xiaoban

• nubbin
Currently Readans
« Reply #32 on: 10/ 22/ 2011, 04:43:51 PM »
I'm currently reading Wheel of Time series (again [but in reverse order this time! {I might notice some more plot threads this way} don't judge me] seriously, don't judge me) and
The Legacy of the Aldenata series (again) and
The Vorpal Blade series (again) and
The Harry Dresden files (again) and
Some excellent books on the universe by Michio Kaku (graet fizzicist or Graetest Fizzicist?) and
looking to pick up some new books. If anyone's got some ebooks you'd care to share, lemme know! I can't ever get enough! Especially not that I've got my android now and can DOWNLOAD THEM ANYWHERE OMG THEY ARE SO FUCKING DELICIOUS NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
( .__.)

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Currently Readans
« Reply #33 on: 10/ 24/ 2011, 12:05:10 PM »
is there a good ebook reader for android? Or should I just go with whatever google suggests?

I read a few of the Dresden books. I liked them, don't know why I quit.

Necros Xiaoban

• nubbin
Currently Readans
« Reply #34 on: 10/ 24/ 2011, 12:55:47 PM »
is there a good ebook reader for android? Or should I just go with whatever google suggests?

I read a few of the Dresden books. I liked them, don't know why I quit.

I prefer FBReader, myself.

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
Currently Readans
« Reply #35 on: 11/ 15/ 2011, 07:17:14 AM »
Obviously reading:

Book of the year

Not really reading it

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
Currently Readans
« Reply #36 on: 11/ 15/ 2011, 08:17:01 AM »

Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain. Love his casual writing style.

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
Currently Readans
« Reply #37 on: 11/ 15/ 2011, 08:53:18 AM »
Nice, i'm actually re reading it, so i can start Medium Raw, you read that book really fast, when you notice it, you've been reading freaking 40 pages

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Currently Readans
« Reply #38 on: 11/ 17/ 2011, 02:16:09 PM »
I just finished "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay". It was a gorgeous, depressing and very interesting read. Set at the beginning of the second World War we meet Mr. Kavalier, who is trying to get out of Prague really fast. And his cousin Sam Clay, who is living in New York. Eventually boh team up and, because that is what young people who knew how to draw back then did, started a comic book about "The Escapist".
The story is about those two, about the history of comics, about what it meant to be gay back then and a lot of other things. Main part is the fact that Joe Kavalier tries to get the rest of his family to the states. That's where the sad things start, obviously. There are not much happy moments in this story. Just as a warning.
End of the story,

GO OUT AND READ THIS IT IS AWESOME!

Now on with Starship Troopers, I love me some Heinlein in between big books ^^

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Keenan Payne
Currently Readans
« Reply #39 on: 11/ 26/ 2011, 12:29:01 PM »
Currently reading through about 5 months of magazine issues from about 4 different magazines because I've been a lameass and haven't been reading too much