Currently Readans
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Currently Readans  (Read 9862 times)

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
Currently Readans
« Reply #40 on: 11/ 27/ 2011, 01:16:16 AM »
hit up a discount bookstore and grabbed a copy of LA Confidential. might have been a bad move since im considering getting a kindle really soon.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Currently Readans
« Reply #41 on: 02/ 29/ 2012, 05:46:06 PM »
Haven't read a good book in a while. I randomly bought three books at the library today--"Creepy Stories", "100 Wild Little Weird Tales" (most excited about this one), and "The Vengeance of the Tau"--so I shall be ploughing through those soon enough.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Currently Readans
« Reply #42 on: 03/ 20/ 2012, 10:51:53 PM »
Got 'A Cook's Tour' in the mail from Paperbackswap.com - I want to read it, but I keep forgetting it in my car. :P I think I took P3ter's reccomendation to read Kitchen Confidential, which led me to this one. I really like Bourdain's writing style.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Currently Readans
« Reply #43 on: 03/ 21/ 2012, 06:12:18 AM »
I actually started reading kitchen confidential last night and it's pretty damn good.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
Currently Readans
« Reply #44 on: 03/ 22/ 2012, 06:20:37 PM »
Library turned an entire wall into full series manga and comics.  Working through the Green Lantern blackest night prelude stuff, Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers, and Yotsuba (just finished vol. 4).  Also some World of Warcraft tpbs.  I saw a couple Mass Effect novels around here somewhere.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
Currently Readans
« Reply #45 on: 03/ 22/ 2012, 08:03:10 PM »
working through The Hunger Games, though i doubt ill finish it tonight before the film comes out. i think she did a pretty good job with the running man/battle royale formula. im enjoying it so far.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Currently Readans
« Reply #46 on: 03/ 23/ 2012, 12:31:29 AM »
Wanna know your opinion on the ending and all, please!

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Currently Readans
« Reply #47 on: 03/ 23/ 2012, 12:03:40 PM »
I am curious about the Hunger Games. Young Adult novels are very hit and miss with me. Loved Potter, not remotely interested in Twilight.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Currently Readans
« Reply #48 on: 03/ 23/ 2012, 02:17:50 PM »
^ but the sparkles!!!!

thinking about picking up Kevin Smiths new book tough shit on das eyepad today.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Currently Readans
« Reply #49 on: 03/ 23/ 2012, 03:46:18 PM »
Hunger games was a very entertaining read. I read it in one sitting. The scenario is quite interesting and the character are as well. But by the time the end rolls around it is jut another young adult story. I don't wanna spoil anything but I would love to talk about it as soon as more people might have read the book or watched the film.

Grog

• nubbin
Currently Readans
« Reply #50 on: 03/ 23/ 2012, 09:04:26 PM »
I really enjoyed the Hunger Games but not enough people read books like that in my school that I would be able to have an intelligent/comfortable conversation with.  This is the problem I had with Battle Royale.
« Last Edit: 03/ 23/ 2012, 10:10:48 PM by Geoxe333 »

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
Currently Readans
« Reply #51 on: 03/ 24/ 2012, 01:23:11 AM »
is it weird that i read battle royale in my freshman year of high school, and the hunger games in my early 20s?

Grog

• nubbin
Currently Readans
« Reply #52 on: 03/ 24/ 2012, 01:32:58 AM »
is it weird that i read battle royale in my freshman year of high school, and the hunger games in my early 20s?

Not really I read Battle Royale in early eighth grade and the Hunger games later that same school year.  And my science teacher is the one who told me to read Battle Royale and lent me his old copy.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Currently Readans
« Reply #53 on: 03/ 24/ 2012, 05:20:15 AM »
I still have to read battle royal, it seems to be highly recommended...

Grog

• nubbin
Currently Readans
« Reply #54 on: 03/ 24/ 2012, 10:16:06 AM »
I still have to read battle royal, it seems to be highly recommended...

Read it, it was great when I read it.  Although I bought it recently and am trying to get my parents to read since it was still to recent for me to read it again.

Grog

• nubbin
Currently Readans
« Reply #55 on: 03/ 24/ 2012, 09:42:18 PM »
I just read "An Oklahoma Story" by Manic Maverick (or Lanchester which ever is correct).  I really liked it and found that it was a interesting short story.  I really liked the reference to ESP since the idea of ESP interests me immensely.
« Last Edit: 03/ 25/ 2012, 11:08:29 AM by Geoxe333 »

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
Currently Readans
« Reply #56 on: 03/ 25/ 2012, 01:29:25 AM »
im glad ive got an older copy of battle royale, all the covers for the newer editions are way uglier.

mine:

them all now:

Grog

• nubbin
Currently Readans
« Reply #57 on: 03/ 25/ 2012, 08:50:29 AM »
im glad ive got an older copy of battle royale, all the covers for the newer editions are way uglier.

mine:

them all now:

I actually prefer the newer version for some reason.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Currently Readans
« Reply #58 on: 04/ 04/ 2012, 08:52:14 PM »
So I started/finished the Necronomicon today. T'was a cool read. Now I just need to catch up on the rest of my Lovecraft-ian backlog.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
Currently Readans
« Reply #59 on: 04/ 04/ 2012, 11:04:07 PM »
just started the second book of the hungry games on fire and all over it thanks.