Currently Readans
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Currently Readans  (Read 10504 times)

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Moderator Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Currently Readans
« Reply #60 on: 04/ 04/ 2012, 11:12:10 PM »
hungry games on fire

I wish this was a book.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
Currently Readans
« Reply #61 on: 04/ 13/ 2012, 02:34:55 PM »
Just finished readan them Hunger Games. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

Will start Catching Fire ASAP.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
Currently Readans
« Reply #62 on: 05/ 29/ 2012, 09:22:51 PM »
Just finished reading 'Catch Me if You Can' for an English assignment.

It was an interesting read and I ended up really enjoying it. Kinda want to check-out the movie now.

Grog

• nubbin
Currently Readans
« Reply #63 on: 05/ 29/ 2012, 09:32:19 PM »
Just finished reading 'Catch Me if You Can' for an English assignment.

It was an interesting read and I ended up really enjoying it. Kinda want to check-out the movie now.

Is the movie the one with Leonardo DiCaprio playing a con man, cause if so I really enjoyed it.  I should probably read the book.

Grog

• nubbin
Currently Readans
« Reply #64 on: 05/ 29/ 2012, 09:38:08 PM »
Double post since I'm to lazy to edit.  I'm thinking of reading alot more over the summer to try and get into some genres and authors that I may have skipped over in the past.  I am already planning on checking out some Lovecraft and plan on reading "On a Pale Horse".  Recommendations from all will be excepted although all of the books may not be read in a timely fashion.  Just throwing out there that I am more into fantasy novels mostly and some sci-fi to an extent.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
Currently Readans
« Reply #65 on: 05/ 29/ 2012, 09:45:57 PM »
Is the movie the one with Leonardo DiCaprio playing a con man, cause if so I really enjoyed it.  I should probably read the book.

Yeah, that's the one. And you should totally check out the book if you're interested.

Grog

• nubbin
Currently Readans
« Reply #66 on: 05/ 29/ 2012, 09:46:48 PM »
Yeah, that's the one. And you should totally check out the book if you're interested.

'Nother book to add to the list.

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Bears tee hee hee Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Inufantry
Currently Readans
« Reply #67 on: 07/ 26/ 2012, 05:43:09 PM »
I swear it takes me the amount of time to decide on a new book to read as it would for me to read the one I eventually choose

going with The Name of the Wind due to mentions in the other thread

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Moderator Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Currently Readans
« Reply #68 on: 07/ 26/ 2012, 05:51:38 PM »
I swear it takes me the amount of time to decide on a new book to read as it would for me to read the one I eventually choose

going with The Name of the Wind due to mentions in the other thread

You will NOT regret this. Patrick Rothfuss quickly became one of my favourite authors after reading it.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Currently Readans
« Reply #69 on: 07/ 26/ 2012, 06:32:29 PM »
You will NOT regret this. Patrick Rothfuss quickly became one of my favourite authors after reading it.

I can only second this.

I just finished Friday by Heinlein. Very mediocre for a Heinlein, but as a Heinlein still very, very good.

Munchems

•   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Sauninda Classiest of the classy Item Shop Rockmelon Game Night Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
Currently Readans
« Reply #70 on: 07/ 28/ 2012, 06:09:18 PM »
In the process of reading George Orwell's 1984. I have a lot of reading time on this trip...

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Bears tee hee hee Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Inufantry
Currently Readans
« Reply #71 on: 07/ 29/ 2012, 10:03:59 AM »
Oh my, the Name of the Wind is so well written, I sat and read ~100 pages just now, love it

pankin

•   
  • This is worst pizza.
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Marikondesu Beedog Approved Artsy Fartsy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop SCIENCE! Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
Currently Readans
« Reply #72 on: 08/ 05/ 2012, 06:41:09 PM »
Just finished Ender's Game this past week, really enjoyed it, definitely worth checking out!

Also started Hyperion, so far so good. 

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
Currently Readans
« Reply #73 on: 08/ 30/ 2012, 06:19:33 PM »
Finished up The Name of the Wind last week, fantastic read.

Just picked up The Wise Man's Fear, I am excite.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
Currently Readans
« Reply #74 on: 08/ 30/ 2012, 08:04:07 PM »
Finished up The Name of the Wind last week, fantastic read.

Just picked up The Wise Man's Fear, I am excite.

The content changes slightly in the second book, but it's still really really good.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Currently Readans
« Reply #75 on: 08/ 31/ 2012, 01:42:33 PM »
Really, really, really, really, really awesome!

JusticeDude

•   
  • j/k, it's always spookytime
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Currently Readans
« Reply #76 on: 12/ 13/ 2012, 10:22:59 PM »
I read Wizards First Rule and The Stone of Tears.

Wow.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
Currently Readans
« Reply #77 on: 01/ 07/ 2013, 02:09:57 PM »
Tokyo Vice. I love it.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Currently Readans
« Reply #78 on: 01/ 07/ 2013, 02:23:33 PM »
Tokyo Vice. I love it.

It's really good.
Tokyo Vice and Anthony Bourdain's stuff is what's gotten me into reading a lot more non-fiction these days.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Currently Readans
« Reply #79 on: 01/ 07/ 2013, 04:23:02 PM »
Tokyo Vice. I love it.

I keep meaning to pick that up.