A Sketch a Day
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: A Sketch a Day  (Read 39715 times)

JohZho

• Warden of the south
  •   
  • Hottou Cakey
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Classiest of the classy Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself Beedog Approved Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee
A Sketch a Day
« on: 02/ 13/ 2011, 09:32:57 PM »
For those who want to share their ideas and concepts through fuzzy sketchiness. Lets all try and scribble a bit once a day!

Thanks to Electric_Goldfish who posted the original and others who helped come up with this idea.
« Last Edit: 04/ 02/ 2011, 11:14:41 PM by Topher »

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #1 on: 02/ 13/ 2011, 09:41:28 PM »
Can be anything from a sketch a day, to unfinished concept art, to works in progress, to just trying out art programs and new mediums.  Think of it like a think-tank, while the Drawing Board is more for finished work (which can also be positively-critiqued, but more of an after-thought for future works and not so much at an in-development stage.)  Expect a lot of file-dumping here.  

One recommendation I can make is to upload thumbnails of the sketches because the forums still allow them to enlarge to normal size when they're clicked on, making it easier for 56K Internets and also be able to upload more images per post.  A photobucket account's really good for this.

I'll start off:  I'm planning designs for a RockmelonSoda Bar after thinking how cool it is that Dragon Quest makes Bars for its franchise in Japan.  Also lets me work in perspective, another thing that I love Manga Studio for because I don't have to mess with rulers or big paper for vanishing points.

EDIT: I think Johzo beat me to it. D;
« Last Edit: 02/ 13/ 2011, 09:52:24 PM by Captain Highwind »

JusticeDude

•   
  • j/k, it's always spookytime
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #2 on: 02/ 13/ 2011, 11:03:15 PM »
I'm going to get in on this as I've been meaning to start drawing every day again.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #3 on: 02/ 13/ 2011, 11:08:23 PM »
I did? Haha! I need to follow my own advice! I shall do my best and try not to stress about how 'good' or 'bad' my sketches are.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #4 on: 02/ 13/ 2011, 11:11:52 PM »
Going to lock this up and redirect to here

http://rockmelonsoda.com/forum/index.php?topic=688.0

i'd move it buuuuut not exactly sure how. Please move yall's posts.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #5 on: 02/ 14/ 2011, 12:06:38 AM »
Hmmm...I kind of made this thread for sharing ideas and drafts, though I guess this is specifically for posting a sketch a day.

Anyway...

A character for one of many animated series I'm planning. Detective Jimmy Sweetlegs, accompanied by Zinjo, his robotic ally/information-index/camera/housekeeper/etc. Hard to see the little wings on Zinjo's back. Meh...

EDIT:

Kazuyami, another character of mine (not even sure what medium his story is going to be played out in), fighting a bunch of Gaki. Check out the Let's Get Working thread for progress pictures.
« Last Edit: 02/ 14/ 2011, 03:55:35 PM by Manic Maverick »

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #6 on: 02/ 14/ 2011, 07:28:16 AM »
EDIT: Can we post progress pictures?

Kazuyami, another character of mine (not even sure what medium his story is going to be played out in), fighting a bunch of Gaki. Gonna be adding more detail to Kazuyami, finishing the Gaki, and adding fog and trees.

That is pretty badass!

I think lowering the opacity levels of the pencil down to 35% in my program is actually working for me now.  Looks a lot more like graphite instead of dark charcoal strokes, and builds onto lines like pencils do.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #7 on: 02/ 14/ 2011, 08:10:53 AM »
Can we post progress pictures?
I would think that'd be in your Let's Get Working thread.
/shrug

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #8 on: 02/ 14/ 2011, 08:16:29 AM »
Okay, trying this out

Jet being all Robrocop.  I'll go over the lines later.

« Last Edit: 02/ 14/ 2011, 01:05:41 PM by Captain Highwind »

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #9 on: 02/ 14/ 2011, 03:12:44 PM »
That is pretty badass!

Thanks! :D
I would think that'd be in your Let's Get Working thread.
/shrug

Hmmmm...Maybe you're right. Think I might replace the picture here with the sketch.

Brrrhhh...Things seem so spread out. I mean, it's cool that there are more places to put things, but I sometimes find it hard to know where to put them. Or, if I do, it still feels kind of misplaced...Oh well. XD

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Bears tee hee hee Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Inufantry
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #10 on: 02/ 14/ 2011, 04:30:23 PM »
Playing around with grunge brushes, they're good fun

I like how this looks like it's been drawn on a crumpled piece of paper

Also wanted to see how fast I could draw a thing, ended up with this in 2 minutes 48 seconds ^^

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #11 on: 02/ 14/ 2011, 05:54:35 PM »
Playing around with grunge brushes, they're good fun

I like it. :D It has an impressionistic feel to it.

Quick thing I did in like...10 minutes. This is what Valentine's Day should be like:

That looks like humd. It is actually hump. It does not want to humd your face, because that doesn't make sense.
« Last Edit: 02/ 14/ 2011, 06:16:47 PM by Manic Maverick »

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #12 on: 02/ 14/ 2011, 05:57:02 PM »
I'm gonna hund all over your face baby.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #13 on: 02/ 14/ 2011, 06:17:25 PM »
I mean humd. XD Dammit. My printing threw me off so bad that I couldn't even translate it correctly.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #14 on: 02/ 15/ 2011, 06:56:57 AM »
I sketched Calpis' dansu waifu

【恋愛サーキュレーション】を踊ってみた *馬琴 HD

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #15 on: 02/ 15/ 2011, 07:06:45 AM »
So lovely <3

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #16 on: 02/ 15/ 2011, 11:14:36 AM »
d'awwwww, you captured her d'awwness. It's lovely.

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • ⑨ Hime-Cut's, Loli's and scythes are best in life.
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #17 on: 02/ 15/ 2011, 12:57:52 PM »

this was yesterday. I should be getting my wacom today, so exited :D

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Bears tee hee hee Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Inufantry
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #18 on: 02/ 15/ 2011, 01:01:48 PM »
What kind of Wacom?

Playing around with more brushes today I guess

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • ⑨ Hime-Cut's, Loli's and scythes are best in life.
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #19 on: 02/ 15/ 2011, 01:13:00 PM »
What kind of Wacom?

Playing around with more brushes today I guess

This kind.

Also nice background :D