A Sketch a Day
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: A Sketch a Day  (Read 39427 times)

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #80 on: 02/ 26/ 2011, 11:57:54 PM »
Been drawing robots like this everywhere...
I hate the arms though, I never know where to put them ^^

You should put them up in a pinchy position. You know, like robots do. That "oh-ho, what do we have here, sum nipples?" position. At least, that's what I always imagine robots are thinking when they do that.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #81 on: 02/ 27/ 2011, 12:12:11 AM »
You should put them up in a pinchy position. You know, like robots do. That "oh-ho, what do we have here, sum nipples?" position. At least, that's what I always imagine robots are thinking when they do that.

This screen cap immediately came to mind:

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #82 on: 02/ 27/ 2011, 12:30:24 AM »
Yes, like that robot's right arm. See? She's ready for nipple pinching. And if you don't comply, you get the booby missile.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #83 on: 02/ 27/ 2011, 05:24:35 AM »
As you can see, even Mechazawa requires lady groping.

Wait, that's not a lady...

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #84 on: 02/ 27/ 2011, 06:29:09 PM »
Some homestuck bullshit. I feel like I've become a part of the (wonderfully and terrifyingly) rabid fanbase now. Was going for a Cyclops/Phoenix vibe with this.

Fucked up the hand and most of Aradia's body.

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • ⑨ Hime-Cut's, Loli's and scythes are best in life.
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #85 on: 02/ 28/ 2011, 06:30:39 PM »

JusticeDude

•   
  • j/k, it's always spookytime
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #86 on: 03/ 01/ 2011, 04:37:35 PM »
This took slightly over a day and was from a few days ago, but whatever.  I drew Elvira.  I didn't use a reference for the pose, but I did need some for the hair.

And I drew this yesterday from a how-to-draw manga book.  I need to keep drawing so my skills don't atrophy.

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #87 on: 03/ 02/ 2011, 11:07:30 AM »
Honestly, copying the work of an artist you like is how most people start drawing, I see it as totally fine, personally, so long as you don't go claiming it's yours. Once you feel confident enough, try drawing other things in their style, and keep drawing. No matter what your style will change eventually and don't be afraid to throw other artists into the mix like "oh, I like how this person does eyes, I might wanna try that" i.e. i got my start copying this guy

And my style is so far removed from that, but still retains a few things here and there.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #88 on: 03/ 02/ 2011, 11:24:05 AM »
I agree largely with avalon but rather than looking at how to draw manga book I'd recommend studying actual manga of artists you like and just buying how to draw books that focus on how to actually draw rather than focusing in on a style

JusticeDude

•   
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #89 on: 03/ 02/ 2011, 01:03:58 PM »
I agree largely with avalon but rather than looking at how to draw manga book I'd recommend studying actual manga of artists you like and just buying how to draw books that focus on how to actually draw rather than focusing in on a style
I'm not really using the how to draw books to learn a style so much as to keep in practice and stay comfortable drawing.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #90 on: 03/ 02/ 2011, 01:09:12 PM »
Protip: focusing on style makes for shitty art.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #91 on: 03/ 02/ 2011, 06:11:58 PM »
Used the back of my pencil board for reference. They're parachuting. I love how Tamama looks like a thug. o3o

JusticeDude

•   
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #92 on: 03/ 03/ 2011, 06:45:42 PM »
I drew a picture the other day, but I can't show it here. :3

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #93 on: 03/ 03/ 2011, 07:14:37 PM »
Damn you are all so good, i srsly need to learn how to draw D:

JohZho

•   
  • Hottou Cakey
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Classiest of the classy Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself Beedog Approved Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #94 on: 03/ 03/ 2011, 07:20:05 PM »
Draw? sorry sir, all we know how to do here is sketch.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #95 on: 03/ 03/ 2011, 07:21:33 PM »
I'm not half as good as these guys BUT I want to improve, so I continue to participate. :D

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #96 on: 03/ 03/ 2011, 08:05:14 PM »
I drew a picture the other day, but I can't show it here. :3

How :3 we talking here? Because you can probably show it. Unless it's like... seriously :3

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #97 on: 03/ 03/ 2011, 08:14:57 PM »
#238 - Smoochum

edit: ah crap, top of the page. :(

JusticeDude

•   
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #98 on: 03/ 04/ 2011, 08:36:32 AM »
How :3 we talking here? Because you can probably show it. Unless it's like... seriously :3
It's like seriously :3

It will go up on the internet, somewhere.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
A Sketch a Day
« Reply #99 on: 03/ 04/ 2011, 09:16:17 PM »
Kratos the Turk

He just felled a Behemoth.