Call to Action: Art for Japan
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Call to Action: Art for Japan  (Read 1319 times)

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« on: 03/ 13/ 2011, 01:33:00 AM »

Original post.

In the beginning of April, there's going to be an art auction held. The art will be donated by artists from around the country (or world, maybe). The money earned from the auction will be going to AmeriCares and tagged for use in Japan relief.

We've got some artists here, so I figured I'd post this. You can donate anything you've ever created, as long as you think it would sell. Or you can make something specifically for the auction. I'll most likely do something original. Gonna have to think of what to do, though...

There's more info in the original post, and an email for contact and such.

Even if you don't enter, spread the word. This has the potential to be something extraordinary.

JohZho

•   
  • Hottou Cakey
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Classiest of the classy Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself Beedog Approved Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee
« Reply #1 on: 03/ 13/ 2011, 05:11:09 PM »
I'll see what I can do, and spread the word~

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #2 on: 03/ 13/ 2011, 05:40:30 PM »
Already spread the word to a few friends whose art is better than mine (i.e. someone might actually want it)

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #3 on: 03/ 13/ 2011, 06:06:48 PM »
Already spread the word to a few friends whose art is better than mine (i.e. someone might actually want it)

Dude, your art is definitely good enough. Just make something and donate it. I'm sure there are people who'd love whatever you make.

JohZho

•   
  • Hottou Cakey
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Classiest of the classy Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself Beedog Approved Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee
« Reply #4 on: 03/ 13/ 2011, 07:50:31 PM »
I rather confused if they want something tangible or not. They'd have to print it out and that costs money.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #5 on: 03/ 13/ 2011, 07:55:03 PM »
Yeah, tangible. Anything and everything that features your artwork. It costs money, yeah, but that's part of the reason why it's a donation.

Zodiac Eclipse

• We <3 Mom
  • nubbin
  • Badges Beedog Approved Sauninda Sauninda harder It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Happy Babies!
« Reply #6 on: 03/ 13/ 2011, 10:09:46 PM »
Spreading the news and trying to figure out what I can contribute.