TJS Questions
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: TJS Questions  (Read 14535 times)

Zeph

• nubbin
  • Brock "Aznable" Samson
  • Badges SCIENCE!
Re: TJS Questions
« Reply #40 on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 08:46:23 PM »
Thanks for the info! I always am interested in "what's under the hood" of these things.

TheCleaningGuy

• nubbin
  • Badges Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night
    • Siliconera
« Reply #41 on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 09:46:40 PM »
What does "Saunindah" mean?

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #42 on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 10:02:07 PM »
What does "Saunindah" mean?

That's actually got nothing to do with TJS. It's from a video series I like. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz5fuJmTlY0

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #43 on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 10:03:51 PM »
Would HD/720p be a possibility in the future?

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #44 on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 10:14:43 PM »
Would HD/720p be a possibility in the future?

Yup, as soon as I get a new computer and a way to host it. I have to use a screen capture program to make the videos, so I need enough room on the screen to be able to move files around and stuff off to the side. Currently the actual size of the show is 1024x576. Once I get a new computer with a higher display res I can make them bigger and maybe put out a dvd or something.

As for putting them online, I need to find someplace to host them using a video player that can do a bigger size. I tried just uploading it to my server (so I could just give you a link like rockmelonsoda.com/episode4.mov and let you watch it with your browser's quicktime plugin) but it gets choppy and shitty until you have the entire thing loaded. It also wastes a fuckload of space on my server, which I'm not interested in doing. Or paying for.  

But yeah, that's definitely high on my to-do list. I need some kind of youtube-like service where I can upload them and let them waste space on somebody else's server, and also have them play bigger than what youtube can do. Maybe Vimeo, but you have to pay for that.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #45 on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 10:20:50 PM »
What about just picking up a secondary monitor? A 19" 1440x900 16:10 monitor can be had for under $100, or cheaper if picked up off of craigslist. then you can have all your tools on the mac and the video on the monitor.

Also, what about vimeo?

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #46 on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 10:24:16 PM »
What about just picking up a secondary monitor? A 19" 1440x900 16:10 monitor can be had for under $100, or cheaper if picked up off of craigslist. then you can have all your tools on the mac and the video on the monitor.

Also, what about vimeo?

That's an option, but it still doesn't do me any good if I'm posting the version everyone's gonna see to shitty old youtube. Vimeo would probably be my best bet, but they make you pay for all that business. It's most likely what I'll end up doing before long though, as soon as I'm not so broke.

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • ⑨ Hime-Cut's, Loli's and scythes are best in life.
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #47 on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 10:33:59 PM »
That's an option, but it still doesn't do me any good if I'm posting the version everyone's gonna see to shitty old youtube. Vimeo would probably be my best bet, but they make you pay for all that business. It's most likely what I'll end up doing before long though, as soon as I'm not so broke.

I hate to suggest this, but how about a Roosterteeth esq payper every 6 months or so program? You would have to work out what the people who pay get special, but it's more something to consider for the long term.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #48 on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 10:36:28 PM »
Yeah, who knows. There are a lot of options out there, I just haven't looked into anything yet because I'm too busy getting the site off the ground and making the episodes. That's what happens when you're a 1-man company. :/

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • ⑨ Hime-Cut's, Loli's and scythes are best in life.
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #49 on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 10:46:16 PM »
Yeah, who knows. There are a lot of options out there, I just haven't looked into anything yet because I'm too busy getting the site off the ground and making the episodes. That's what happens when you're a 1-man company. :/

Ah well your doing really well so far :)

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
« Reply #50 on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 10:46:46 PM »
Just read the restrictions for free vimeo. It's only a weekly limit of 500mb and 1 HD upload. Unless the HD version will be larger than 500mb, there shouldn't be a problem.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #51 on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 10:49:28 PM »
Just read the restrictions for free vimeo. It's only a weekly limit of 500mb and 1 HD upload. Unless the HD version will be larger than 500mb, there shouldn't be a problem.

Really? Well shit. Maybe I'll do that for ep 5 then. It'll only be 576p but that's a whole hell of a lot nicer than anything youtube can dream of. Check your email to see for yourself.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
« Reply #52 on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 10:56:21 PM »
Resolution
640x480 for standard definition 4:3 video, 853x480 for widescreen DV, and 1280x720 or 1920x1080 for high definition. If you have the option to control the pixel aspect ratio (not display aspect ratio) make sure it's set to "1:1" or "1.00", also sometimes called "square pixels."

Doesn't support 576p but it doesn't hurt to try and see what it looks like when it gets uploaded.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #53 on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 10:58:33 PM »
I'm uploading episode 4 right now, so I guess we'll find out. If it looks good I'll post it on the front page.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
« Reply #54 on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 11:06:24 PM »
oh man, the quality is so much better. Kinda like something you'd see on cartoon network.
And... Full opening :D

Edit: oh dang, this is like the director's cut.

TheCleaningGuy

• nubbin
  • Badges Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night
    • Siliconera
« Reply #55 on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 11:41:12 PM »
I want to see this nonsense, it sounds awesome!

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #56 on: 04/ 22/ 2010, 12:25:21 AM »
K, testing Vimeo. Go take a look and see what you think. http://rockmelonsoda.com/?page_id=31

Sentry

• nubbin
  • I'm pretty okay.
    • Destructoid Blog
« Reply #57 on: 04/ 22/ 2010, 12:47:13 AM »
Go take a look and see what you think.

Looks fantastic!

TheCleaningGuy

• nubbin
    • Siliconera
« Reply #58 on: 04/ 22/ 2010, 01:00:44 AM »
Shit is hot, my friend.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #59 on: 04/ 22/ 2010, 01:06:33 AM »
It would be hot if I could edit my page template to get rid of the goddamn sidebar so I could make the video bigger. Apparently that's not possible with the base theme I'm using because it was written by an idiot. Still trying to figure it out.