TJS Questions
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: TJS Questions  (Read 15459 times)

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Keenan Payne
TJS Questions
« Reply #80 on: 06/ 11/ 2010, 12:42:02 AM »
that's not bad from having to start from scratch and everything man, at least you've got an patient (and awesome) community.

also, if you need any help with web design or wordpress coding/customizations for free you can hit me up. I'm pretty good with it (or so I think) lol

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
TJS Questions
« Reply #81 on: 06/ 19/ 2010, 04:34:45 AM »
deleted by original poster

Did you really just ask me that?
« Last Edit: 09/ 01/ 2010, 08:22:29 PM by Topher »

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Keenan Payne
TJS Questions
« Reply #82 on: 09/ 01/ 2010, 07:55:52 PM »
Did you really just ask me that?

i'm confused was that directed towards me lol?

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
TJS Questions
« Reply #83 on: 09/ 01/ 2010, 08:11:54 PM »
i'm confused was that directed towards me lol?

Wow, haha. No, not at all. I guess whoever posted the comment I was replying to deleted it.

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
    • Keenan Payne
TJS Questions
« Reply #84 on: 09/ 01/ 2010, 08:13:18 PM »
oh okay. I was like damn he must really not want any help lol. =P haha

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
TJS Questions
« Reply #85 on: 09/ 01/ 2010, 08:21:31 PM »
oh okay. I was like damn he must really not want any help lol. =P haha

Yeah, now it looks like I was being a huge dick. Given Wintersocks's reply, I'm guessing someone asked how much money the site makes or some other sort of personal financial question. The answer to which, if anyone's really that nosy, is that at the moment this site makes pretty much no money at all. Most months it actually costs money.

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
    • Keenan Payne
TJS Questions
« Reply #86 on: 09/ 01/ 2010, 08:26:27 PM »
Yeah, now it looks like I was being a huge dick. Given Wintersocks's reply, I'm guessing someone asked how much money the site makes or some other sort of personal financial question. The answer to which, if anyone's really that nosy, is that at the moment this site makes pretty much no money at all. Most months it actually costs money.

Yeah I know how you feel. After 2 years I have finally got to the point where the money made from my sites offsets that of the hosting, work, and other things that I have to do. It takes time but as you get more episodes and more watchers everything in terms of finances starts rolling in your direction

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
TJS Questions
« Reply #87 on: 09/ 01/ 2010, 09:48:17 PM »
 You know, I wouldn't mind seeing a tasteful ad or two if it helped offset server costs ect...

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
    • Keenan Payne
TJS Questions
« Reply #88 on: 09/ 02/ 2010, 08:31:21 AM »
I agree with Halidar. One trend I've seen is to put an ad after the first post in every topic and I think that would be a good way to get some extra ad impressions/clicks

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • All You Can Eat
TJS Questions
« Reply #89 on: 09/ 03/ 2010, 08:16:39 AM »
I agree, something small would be no problem I think...

Wintersocks

• Motivational Mountain Mover
  •   
  • Socks 2: Knit Harder
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry SCIENCE! Bears Dancing with Myself Happy Babies! Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
TJS Questions
« Reply #90 on: 09/ 08/ 2010, 09:23:48 PM »

Sorry, I was just wondering what I should expect for when i eventualy start working on a site of my own, and when I can become self-sufficient off of said site.

I apologize with HUSKY PUPPY NOMS

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
    • Keenan Payne
TJS Questions
« Reply #91 on: 09/ 08/ 2010, 10:20:54 PM »
Sorry, I was just wondering what I should expect for when i eventualy start working on a site of my own, and when I can become self-sufficient off of said site.

I apologize with HUSKY PUPPY NOMS

d'awwwww

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
TJS Questions
« Reply #92 on: 09/ 19/ 2010, 02:49:42 AM »
Hey Toph, I was just wondering what sort of hardware do you use?
I know your running on a mac judging by the software you posted in a previous question but what about tablets if you even use one? Wacom or some other brand and what size?

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
TJS Questions
« Reply #93 on: 09/ 19/ 2010, 08:12:56 AM »
I'm currently running a shitty old 2006 Intel Core Duo Macbook with 2gb of RAM and using a 4x5 Wacom Graphire 3 from like 2004. My setup is pretty much proof that you don't need much beef to do this. ^_^;;

When I get together enough to do t-shirts, whatever profit I make is going toward a new computer, because this shit is seriously on its last leg over here.

PsychoSoldier

•   
  • I like chipmunks
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda It's a Lady! tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
TJS Questions
« Reply #94 on: 11/ 17/ 2010, 11:49:55 PM »
This might sound like a weird question but is there a way I can get a ringtone of the kids doing nyaa nyaa nyaa sound.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
TJS Questions
« Reply #95 on: 11/ 18/ 2010, 02:02:18 AM »
Yuss. Email me and I'll send it to you.

Sean

•   
  • foooooooooooooooooooooooomin
  • Badges Item Shop Rockmelon Game Night Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
TJS Questions
« Reply #96 on: 11/ 18/ 2010, 05:27:01 AM »
I would like those also, how do I go about getting your email?

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
TJS Questions
« Reply #97 on: 11/ 18/ 2010, 08:50:45 AM »
I think PMing him might be a good way to start.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
TJS Questions
« Reply #98 on: 11/ 18/ 2010, 11:35:58 AM »
Uh, it's topher[a]rockmelonsoda.com, silly goose.

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
    • Keenan Payne
TJS Questions
« Reply #99 on: 11/ 18/ 2010, 05:51:07 PM »
Or you could put it up in the downloads section ;) would definitely have that as my texting tone