Ultimate Spider-Man
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Ultimate Spider-Man  (Read 3401 times)

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
Ultimate Spider-Man
« on: 03/ 17/ 2011, 02:42:39 AM »
This has been stirring around for a while, now things like designs and trailers should be dropping soon since it's having a more concrete date for late 2011- early 2012.  And so, a premise:

Quote from: Disney XD
The centerpiece of an upcoming Marvel programming block on Disney XD, this animated series from Marvel follows Peter Parker who, as the storyline begins, has been Spider-Man for just one year. He’s fought villains, saved lives, but still has much to learn about being a super-hero. Now, Nick Fury gives Peter the chance to go to the next level — to train to be a real super-hero and become The Ultimate Spider-Man. But before he can do that, Peter will have to learn how to work with a team of fellow teenage super-heroes. The series’ award-winning creative team includes Paul Dini (“Batman: The Animated Series,” “Lost”), the creative powerhouse Man of Action Studios (creators of “Ben 10″ and “Generator Rex”), comprised of lauded creators Joe Casey, Joe Kelly, Duncan Rouleau and Steven T. Seagle; and Brian Michael Bendis (visionary behind Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man comic series).

I think it was going to start out as a team-up show like Batman Brave and the Bold, but may be more like Young Justice now.  I have this theory that it may tie in with Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes since Marvel can do things like that now, after getting all of its properties away from third-party restrictions, and the fact that Nick Fury is a major character in both shows.

From what I've seen of Ben 10, Man of Action does pretty decent action stuff, even if the designs are really streamlined (Generator Rex too), but that may not be the case for this show.

I'm mostly looking forward to Paul Dini being on this, and the team aspect doesn't seem so bad to me since from what I've heard Peter hangs around with Kitty Pride, Iceman, Firestar on a regular basis in the book.

There are some really cool unused art pieces by Jeff Johnson, but sadly he will not be the designer for the series, so this may not be what it looks like (click to enlarge):

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
Ultimate Spider-Man
« Reply #1 on: 03/ 17/ 2011, 11:24:06 AM »
Love me some Ultimate Spiderman, but he only started hanging with those dudes way into it. The best thing about it is that, peter really feels like a teenager, and as a superhero he's a complete novice, when he's fighting crime, he barely knows what he's doing, but when he's tussling with say Doc Ock, he's waaaaaay out of his depth, and S.H.I.E.L.D. tend to save his ass a lot.

The comic always had a dab of John Hughes to it, too.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar New York Dance Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
Ultimate Spider-Man
« Reply #2 on: 03/ 18/ 2011, 07:14:52 PM »
I've been loving the comic series of Ultimate but I dunno about a cartoon.
Spiderman 1994 TV series is my favourite by far and is the one that got me into spiderman so this ultimate series has got quite a challenge.
Kinda hope it doesn't just go away as well like the Spectacular Spiderman series did after 2 seasons

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
Ultimate Spider-Man
« Reply #3 on: 03/ 18/ 2011, 10:10:15 PM »
J.K. Simmons will voice J. Jonah Jameson. :O

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=32098

Avalon

•   
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
Ultimate Spider-Man
« Reply #4 on: 03/ 19/ 2011, 09:43:02 AM »
ilu jk

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
Ultimate Spider-Man
« Reply #5 on: 03/ 19/ 2011, 09:56:22 AM »
Nice , i loved the spectacular spiderman cartoon, i'm kinda happy for this show :D. If they do a team up show like Batman the brave and the bold it would be awesome i fucking love that show. I kinda want Spidey to make sarcastic remarks refering to the Fantastic four again

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
Ultimate Spider-Man
« Reply #6 on: 03/ 30/ 2011, 01:14:54 AM »
I seem to have missed the test footage played at Comic-Con.  Supposedly the animation is really good.

Found screen caps though and a premise to tell what's going on.

Test footage synopsis

Screens

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
Ultimate Spider-Man
« Reply #7 on: 03/ 31/ 2011, 02:19:19 PM »
Guess it's slated for 2012.  ...It's a very strong guess.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
Ultimate Spider-Man
« Reply #8 on: 04/ 07/ 2011, 02:16:59 AM »
Looking likely that Josh Keaton will be Spider-Man again.

Also interesting that Alex Desert is voicing Nick Fury, suggesting that Marvel is starting to give its characters official voices (even though he looks different in that test footage than how he looks in Avengers: EMH)

Avalon

•   
Ultimate Spider-Man
« Reply #9 on: 04/ 07/ 2011, 09:20:19 AM »
Looking likely that Josh Keaton will be Spider-Man again.

Also interesting that Alex Desert is voicing Nick Fury, suggesting that Marvel is starting to give its characters official voices (even though he looks different in that test footage than how he looks in Avengers: EMH)

Does he look like Sam Jackson? Cuz Ultimate Fury was based on Sam Jackson.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
Ultimate Spider-Man
« Reply #10 on: 04/ 07/ 2011, 05:58:23 PM »

Yeah pretty much.  The one on Avengers looks like regular Fury because of the hair.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
Ultimate Spider-Man
« Reply #11 on: 08/ 06/ 2011, 12:35:52 PM »

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
Ultimate Spider-Man
« Reply #12 on: 09/ 03/ 2011, 10:18:41 PM »
Shaky cam footage, the toast thing was really stupid, but I hear he also gets turned into Spider-Ham at one point too.

I also hate that the movies have made it a trend for him to say stuff like 'my name's peter parker, and that means I'm Spider-Man etc. etc.' every 5 minutes

Venom looks cool though.  At one point he was going to be one of those big torso/little legs like he was in the last series.

Ultimate Spiderman Animated Series Trailer 2012

DecepticonsAttack

•   
  • calmer than you are
  • Badges Beedog Approved Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
    • sheeeeeeeee
Ultimate Spider-Man
« Reply #13 on: 09/ 03/ 2011, 10:35:18 PM »
Looks ok, I remember really liking the Ultimate game so I may check it out. If its the same folks who did Spectacular it should be pretty decent.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar New York Dance Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
Ultimate Spider-Man
« Reply #14 on: 04/ 15/ 2012, 10:03:27 AM »
Rezzing this topic.
So I watched a little bit of an episode of Ultimate Spiderman and its..... not what I expected.

Firstly he's teaching a group of supers for nick fury to become Ultimate WTF?
Second the jokes are weirdly modern like a lot of segues into scenes and then back into normality and fourth wall breaking a la Deadpool. They work on occasion but just a little jarring compared to the 1994 series which was my favourite.
Thirdly Peter is voiced by Drake Bell from Drake and Josh or The Amanda Show if you grew up in the 90's/00's like me

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
Ultimate Spider-Man
« Reply #15 on: 04/ 19/ 2012, 01:01:47 AM »
Yeah, this is weird.  I'll continue to watch it for all the cameos, but clearly it appeals to kids only and is one step above that Marvel Superhero Squad, which I tried to sit down for one episode and couldn't.  Don't like that they de-aged Iron Fist and Luke Cage already, and I imagine it will be like that for a lot of the other characters.  Haven't read other boards but I imagine Ultimate fans aren't liking a younger version of their material.  Nothing really jumps out at me as far as animation either.  I'm getting better story mileage out of Avengers and Young Justice, and still recommend those.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Ultimate Spider-Man
« Reply #16 on: 04/ 19/ 2012, 10:49:48 AM »
Yeah, this is weird.  I'll continue to watch it for all the cameos, but clearly it appeals to kids only and is one step above that Marvel Superhero Squad, which I tried to sit down for one episode and couldn't.  Don't like that they de-aged Iron Fist and Luke Cage already, and I imagine it will be like that for a lot of the other characters.  Haven't read other boards but I imagine Ultimate fans aren't liking a younger version of their material.  Nothing really jumps out at me as far as animation either.  I'm getting better story mileage out of Avengers and Young Justice, and still recommend those.

They've clearly stated before that this show was meant to create an entry point for young viewers into the main line of Marvel titles.