Shonen Knife
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Shonen Knife  (Read 1524 times)

Sonic9jct

•   
  • Wubba lubba dub dub
  • Badges Moonspeaker Artsy Fartsy Sauninda Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
    • Sanpozeit
Shonen Knife
« on: 04/ 13/ 2011, 07:44:17 AM »
Hey, I've been looking for some new bands to try out and I'm thinkin about checkin out some Shonen Knife.  Any suggested albums I should start with?

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Shonen Knife
« Reply #1 on: 04/ 13/ 2011, 09:00:46 AM »
Let's Knife would be a good start, I think.

Sonic9jct

•   
  • Wubba lubba dub dub
  • Badges Moonspeaker Artsy Fartsy Sauninda Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
    • Sanpozeit
Shonen Knife
« Reply #2 on: 04/ 13/ 2011, 10:20:45 AM »
Listening to it now-- I like what I hear.  It's got a very relaxed sound to it, I like.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Shonen Knife
« Reply #3 on: 04/ 13/ 2011, 02:51:25 PM »
Be sure to check out Free Time as well. They have been on an upswing for the past five years or so.

Sonic9jct

•   
  • Wubba lubba dub dub
    • Sanpozeit
Shonen Knife
« Reply #4 on: 04/ 13/ 2011, 03:36:22 PM »
Yeah, I finished Let's Knife and I'm actually listening to 712 right now.  I like this sound-- I can't describe it, but its really sincere.  It's always kinda confusing knowing which album to go to next when checking out a new band.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Shonen Knife
« Reply #5 on: 04/ 13/ 2011, 03:45:54 PM »
It's really tough with this band too, since they have pretty much sounded exactly the same over their entire career. A lot of their albums tend to bleed together in my head.

Sonic9jct

•   
  • Wubba lubba dub dub
    • Sanpozeit
Shonen Knife
« Reply #6 on: 04/ 13/ 2011, 11:35:17 PM »
Then I heard THIS and I knew I had fallen in love with them.

Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head Small | Large

I've been listening to this non-stop on my ipod all afternoon.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Shonen Knife
« Reply #7 on: 04/ 13/ 2011, 11:49:40 PM »
This thread is good thread. I've wanted some Shonen Knife music for a while, but moneys and lack of decent storage space for files has prevented me from has. :C Like most music at the moment. Which is something I've been saying for far too long. Although, now that I use Grooveshark, I don't think I really have an excuse not to listen to a lot of tunes. Save for the super recent ones, since those don't get uploaded immediately. And GS tends to not have full albums sometimes.

Anyway, yeah. Band is of the good bandness.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Shonen Knife
« Reply #8 on: 04/ 14/ 2011, 01:11:29 AM »
not full albums

This is... the worst thing. Every time you break up an album, an angel gets its wings ripped out.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Shonen Knife
« Reply #9 on: 04/ 19/ 2011, 12:38:40 AM »
This is... the worst thing. Every time you break up an album, an angel gets its wings ripped out.

Yeah, pretty much. I get so pissed off. I almost want to just remove the album from my list completely. But then I'm like "DON'T HAVE ANY OTHER MUSIC FUCK IT" and endure the pain. :C

Sonic9jct

•   
  • Wubba lubba dub dub
    • Sanpozeit
Shonen Knife
« Reply #10 on: 04/ 19/ 2011, 09:50:09 AM »
Yeah, pretty much. I get so pissed off. I almost want to just remove the album from my list completely. But then I'm like "DON'T HAVE ANY OTHER MUSIC FUCK IT" and endure the pain. :C

This.  This is why I can't use Pandora.  Also it never gives me anything I actually like.

Also, Topher, thanks for the suggestion of Let's Knife.  Great album.  I'm also finding myself partial to Happy Hour (Yay, Cookie Day!) and Pretty Little Baka Guy.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
Shonen Knife
« Reply #11 on: 06/ 22/ 2011, 06:13:39 PM »
shonen knife "osaka ramones" - june 19th 2011- www.goodcharamel.com Small | Large