Game of Thrones [HBO] ** SHOW SPOILERS (no book spoilers)
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Game of Thrones [HBO] ** SHOW SPOILERS (no book spoilers)  (Read 21372 times)

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #140 on: 06/ 08/ 2013, 05:34:17 PM »
Fair enough. Well, there is always the ASOIAF thread in the books subthingy if anybody wants to talk about it while they're reading.

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Bears tee hee hee Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Inufantry
« Reply #141 on: 06/ 10/ 2013, 07:37:51 AM »
Just a fantastic finale.

I had wondered wether they were not going to shoot Jon at all, but then they shot him three times as much.

These Starks are bloody arrow magnets

Their meat is very tough

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #142 on: 06/ 10/ 2013, 12:22:05 PM »
Pretty good overall. I was hoping for two certain characters to show up, who did not, which kinda sucks. And I BOOO'd hard at Dany's ridiculous crowdsurfing scene and the semi-changes to Stannis making his decision.

But the nightfort scenes were great, Arya's scenes were great, and Davos bro-ing with Gendry was cool too. Not quite everything I hoped it would be, but it was good.

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Bears tee hee hee Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Inufantry
« Reply #143 on: 06/ 10/ 2013, 01:18:02 PM »
Yeah, the Dany bit at the end did seem dumb, but it didn't bother me that much.

I was expectng to see (probably the same) two other characters turn up and I really don't know where one of them is going to fit in the TV series without being completely forgotten about.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #144 on: 06/ 11/ 2013, 12:04:21 AM »
I've gotten so used to people just dying off ranodmly that I was expecting Dany, at the height of the scene, to get dragged under the crowd and murdered horribly by the people. That expectation pretty much killed the whole scene for me, cause I was waiting for it and not paying attention to the scene properly. XD

And that Arya scene was badass as fuck. As soon as she dropped the coin I knew what was coming. Speaking of, I'm wondering when Faceless Dude Guy is gonna show up again. Or if he's already shown up? Also, I'm realizing now that Arya probably has the most right out of anyone to stab Joffrey right in the dick and throw him into a pit of piranhas that burrow into your ass and slowly eat you from the inside out. Also the piranhas would be on fire. And swimming in acid. Burning acid ass piranhas for Joffrey.

And, Jon Snow best not die from those wounds or I'm gonna break shit. All of the shit. There will be no shit left to break. I at least need to see one scene of him fighting a White Walker face-to-face. Like a badass mosukra.

Aaaand Varys, as predicted, is becoming one of my favourite characters.

Aaaand Tyrion better not get Stansa preggers.

All in all, it didn't really feel like a season finale. The only big "oh my god" came in the previous episode, and the supposed "oh my god" of this episode was something we already knew about. Though I'm not sure what they mean by "he" when referring to the White Walkers. Kind of sends chills up my spine, actually...

AzNheadbanger

•   
  • #1 Dance Central fan
  • Badges tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #145 on: 06/ 11/ 2013, 12:13:36 AM »

All in all, it didn't really feel like a season finale. The only big "oh my god" came in the previous episode, and the supposed "oh my god" of this episode was something we already knew about. Though I'm not sure what they mean by "he" when referring to the White Walkers. Kind of sends chills up my spine, actually...
I haven't seen the episode yet but if they're talking about the White Walkers and a "he" they may be referring to a big bad from the prophecy that Stannis is supposed to fulfill according to Mel.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #146 on: 06/ 11/ 2013, 01:15:38 AM »
The "he" Mel mentions when talking about the Others White Walkers is the Great Other. (They were normally called "the Others" in the books instead of White Walkers.)

But yes, "he" being "the great other", being the supposed boss of the white walkers, being the opposite of R'hllor, who is Mel's lord of light. Anytime mel says "he whose name cannot be spoken" or anything like that, she's talking about the great other. She worships her fire god, and the great other is like, the ice god. Supposedly.

This was mentioned and explained at this point in the books, I dunno why the show hasn't gotten around to it.

AzNheadbanger

•   
  • #1 Dance Central fan
  • Badges tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #147 on: 06/ 11/ 2013, 01:40:40 AM »
The "he" Mel mentions when talking about the Others White Walkers is the Great Other. (They were normally called "the Others" in the books instead of White Walkers.)

But yes, "he" being "the great other", being the supposed boss of the white walkers, being the opposite of R'hllor, who is Mel's lord of light. Anytime mel says "he whose name cannot be spoken" or anything like that, she's talking about the great other. She worships her fire god, and the great other is like, the ice god. Supposedly.

This was mentioned and explained at this point in the books, I dunno why the show hasn't gotten around to it.
I think it could be related to them omitting parts of Dany's vision regarding her brother and Ellia  in the House of the Undying and Ned's dreams of being in the Tower of Joy while he was in prison.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #148 on: 06/ 11/ 2013, 03:46:05 AM »
*Packs bags and moves to the library*

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
« Reply #149 on: 06/ 11/ 2013, 01:51:40 PM »
I could do with a rereading of the books...

That aside, I gotta do my annual watch a whole season of Game of Thrones at once soon. I still find it extremely interesting to see people (Mav) make predictions on the story.

And I absolutely agree on the "awesome chapter ends on great cliffhanger and then Danaeris is boring" during at least the last book.

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
  • Badges Bears Beedog Approved Item Shop Penguin Tagged Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Spotted Memebon tee hee hee Dancing with Myself
« Reply #150 on: 06/ 19/ 2013, 12:09:02 PM »
just tanked through the show from season one, seriously enjoyed every moment, I must grab the books off my brother at some point.

Davos is awesome.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
« Reply #151 on: 06/ 19/ 2013, 04:27:41 PM »
Davos is awesome.

My respect for that guy just grows and grows every time I see him, like Varys.

I'm scared one or both of them will die horribly very soon.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #152 on: 06/ 19/ 2013, 11:51:13 PM »
Davos is my favorite character, so I'm sure he won't make it through the series.

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
« Reply #153 on: 06/ 20/ 2013, 06:35:13 AM »
Granted that the Onion Knight has a pretty sweet beard, Lady Olenna is my favourite character. She's very straightforward in her opinions in the same way as Tyrion is, but her motivation to do so isn't spite based, it's because she's too old for this shit.

I'm glad the show has a greater focus on her than the books did (If I recall correctly)

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #154 on: 06/ 20/ 2013, 07:55:24 AM »
She was just as awesome in the books, but the show has added a few extra scenes to give her more excuses to be awesome. Like the one with her and Tywin.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #155 on: 06/ 20/ 2013, 01:09:49 PM »
I need more Jaqen H'ghar so bad. He is just so damn awesome.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
« Reply #156 on: 06/ 20/ 2013, 01:18:32 PM »
Granted that the Onion Knight has a pretty sweet beard, Lady Olenna is my favourite character. She's very straightforward in her opinions in the same way as Tyrion is, but her motivation to do so isn't spite based, it's because she's too old for this shit.

I'm glad the show has a greater focus on her than the books did (If I recall correctly)

She's another one of my favourites. The only character I've seen who truly understands how batshit insane everything is, and openly questions it. Varys probably knows how insane things are as well, but he's not really vocal about it.

I need more Jaqen H'ghar so bad. He is just so damn awesome.

THIS. THIS THIS THIS THIS. THIS.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #157 on: 07/ 22/ 2013, 07:08:31 PM »
Game of Thrones: In Memoriam (Comic-Con)

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar New York Dance Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
« Reply #158 on: 01/ 30/ 2014, 01:34:21 PM »
Extremely late to the party but I recently finished watching season 2 of GoT since my flat mate had the two season box set.
It had me hooked for the most part but I gradually burnt out on it.

I've already heard about what happens at the Red Wedding and other such spoilers but I think I should continue since Season 4 is coming soon and my friends are just egging me on to Season 3.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
« Reply #159 on: 01/ 30/ 2014, 02:42:05 PM »
just get through it. its definitely more fun to watch week to week and talk about it with people so if i was you id just finish up season 3 so you're ready for S4.