Game of Thrones [HBO] ** SHOW SPOILERS (no book spoilers)
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Game of Thrones [HBO] ** SHOW SPOILERS (no book spoilers)  (Read 21015 times)

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #180 on: 04/ 13/ 2014, 10:39:11 PM »
1st guess Sansa

2nd Tyrells

3rd everyone else because who wouldn't want him dead

You can see it pre-going-down, but you have to look pretty fuckn close. It's almost too subtle.

Also, hot DAMN Oberyn is such a badass. Guy is knocking it out of the park.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #181 on: 04/ 14/ 2014, 04:37:55 AM »
LONG LIVE THE KING.

Two possible happenings:

Margaery goes off-screen with the cup after, but it would still be more obvious to people around her. Tyrion did glance at her mother, though...

Hidden from view, but I'm not sure if Sansa could have done it that quickly. Maybe if she had something in her palm that she slipped in while picking it up.

In any case, Tyrion pretty much gets blamed for all of the things. I swear to fucking horse butts that he'd better not die goddammit.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #182 on: 04/ 14/ 2014, 07:29:22 AM »
Gettin warmer. Gettin colder.

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Bears tee hee hee Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Inufantry
« Reply #183 on: 04/ 14/ 2014, 08:37:38 AM »
The dryest pie in all the land

I knew what would happen this episode as soon as I saw it was written by GRRM

Before that, I though it was gonna be next week because Lady Olenna said the wedding was two weeks time on E01, and I wanted that to match

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #184 on: 04/ 14/ 2014, 09:55:16 AM »
When it's revealed, you will be surprised, but simultaneously not so surprised.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #185 on: 04/ 14/ 2014, 11:24:13 PM »
I'm guessing it was Olenna Tyrell.

"But killing a man at a wedding? Horrid. What sort of monster would do such a thing?”

I mean, COME ON.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #186 on: 04/ 15/ 2014, 12:28:51 AM »
"But killing a man at a wedding? Horrid. What sort of monster would do such a thing?”

...Oh.

.....OH.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Moderator Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #187 on: 04/ 15/ 2014, 03:39:08 AM »
 After watching the scene again, you can see the poison "hand-off" and everything. Very neat.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #188 on: 04/ 15/ 2014, 08:01:04 AM »
We have a weiner. If you want to know how, rewatch season 2 episode 1. Melisandre and the maester. Watch it. You'll be all "OOHHHHHHH"

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #189 on: 04/ 15/ 2014, 11:25:57 AM »
And if you really want to know, http://imgur.com/a/Hjii3

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #190 on: 04/ 15/ 2014, 06:03:28 PM »
Huzzah!

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #191 on: 04/ 20/ 2014, 10:52:39 PM »
Really unhappy with the way they changed the Jamie/Cersei scene. Also becoming increasingly sick of how Stannis is being portrayed. Also lots of unnecessary filler scenes this week.

But Oberyn, you magnificent bastard. Tywin was great too, but he always is.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #192 on: 04/ 21/ 2014, 01:25:31 AM »
Yeah a lot of this episode was spent jumping from one incredibly awkward expository/character-building scene to the next, with a few cool exceptions.

I guess the writers felt like they had to let things breath a bit after dropping the bomb last week.

Really unhappy with the way they changed the Jamie/Cersei scene. Also becoming increasingly sick of how Stannis is being portrayed.

I'd be really interested to hear you expand on this a bit, if you get a chance.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #193 on: 04/ 21/ 2014, 07:17:26 AM »
I'd be really interested to hear you expand on this a bit, if you get a chance.

In the books that scene wasn't rapey. She pushed him away the first few times he tried to kiss her, but then she was the one commanding him to stick it in. In the sept. Next to their son's dead body. While she was on her period. It was grosser and more awkward in the book, but at least it wasn't Jamie raping her.

As for Stannis, they've changed him quite a lot. In the books he didn't believe in any gods, he just kept Melisandre around because she got results. He was more of a cold, neutral force for blind justice. Law was law. He listened to the advice Davos gave him and didn't treat him so shitty. Show Stannis is all lord of light n fuck you Davos n whatnot.

So if you hear book readers talking about how much they love "Stannis the mannis", don't look at them funny. He was way cooler in the books.

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Bears tee hee hee Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Inufantry
« Reply #194 on: 04/ 21/ 2014, 11:00:53 AM »
"Stannis the mannis"

I've never heard that saying Team Stannis all the way

Sept bit was fucked up

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
« Reply #195 on: 04/ 21/ 2014, 11:17:10 AM »
Ah, I was wondering why Stannis
is all lord of light n fuck you Davos n whatnot.

but seeing

on Reddit actually cleared it up for me, although I fail to see why it was worth changing his character that much just for that tie in, Tywin's speech is good enough standing alone, unless it's bought up more directly later

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #196 on: 04/ 21/ 2014, 01:10:16 PM »
It's been theorized that it's because it sets up an insane thing that will happen to him later, but if that's the case, it only serves to take the impact out of it. Which I dunno why they'd do. Lot of weird decisions being made on this show. But it's still great overall.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
« Reply #197 on: 04/ 21/ 2014, 02:08:44 PM »
I honestly don't understand why show writers fuck with story so much. I understand if it were in the interest of space (and added scenarios and scenes that don't impact the story), but all the shit I've heard has literally nothing to do with space and more "THIS WOULD BE BETTER LOL". But George R.R. Martin knew what he was doing, and didn't need changes. It's just so damn arrogant of the show writers.

Anyway:

Daenerys: PLEASE IMPREGNATE ME

Oberyn: Da man. Kinda worried about the trial, though...

Tyrion: Don't die don't die don't die don't die don't die Just fucking typing his name into Google gives me "Tyrion death". But I fucking refuse goddammit.

Shae: I'm 95% positive that she's dead. Or something horrible happened to her and she's still in King's Landing. Or she got sold off. Or she got sent north of The Wall.

Stansa: Oh god no oh god no oh god no oh god no oh god no TAT

The Hound: He was completely capable of killing the father, and the daughter, but he didn't. Really liking this character. Even though he's an asshole.

Sept: Oh. What a happy family.

Theon: Still has no panus.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #198 on: 04/ 21/ 2014, 03:31:56 PM »
Tyrion: Don't die don't die don't die don't die don't die

He will live on and do lots of awesome shit.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
« Reply #199 on: 04/ 21/ 2014, 04:09:19 PM »
I'm really scared of reading that spoiler. Really really scared. I'm never quoting that post ever. XD