Game of Thrones [HBO] ** SHOW SPOILERS (no book spoilers)
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Game of Thrones [HBO] ** SHOW SPOILERS (no book spoilers)  (Read 21606 times)

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #20 on: 03/ 11/ 2013, 09:26:56 AM »
Shitfuck, my bad. It's not until the 31st. :(

damnit i was all hyped too. you owe me my lost hype.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #21 on: 04/ 01/ 2013, 12:11:11 AM »
Dunnn dunnn dun dun dun dunnn da da dunnnnnnnn

Anybody else watch the premiere?

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Moderator Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #22 on: 04/ 01/ 2013, 01:36:42 AM »
 Just as good as always. Disappointed there was no Arya though.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #23 on: 04/ 01/ 2013, 10:32:27 AM »
Looks like she was in the teaser for next week, same as Jamie/Brienne, Bran and the others we didn't see. This episode was a little boring, but it set up for some interesting stuff that's about to happen, so I don't mind.

Also surprised to see ser barristan the badass show up so incredibly early in the story. Might mean they're gonna speed Dany's story along, which thank god if that's the case.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #24 on: 04/ 05/ 2013, 07:47:59 AM »
i am admittedly a little lost feel like i need to watch all of the episodes again to remember the plot. 

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #25 on: 04/ 08/ 2013, 12:18:12 AM »
I can never keep track of all the northmen or house Bolton. I kinda breezed through that part of the books without paying enough attention, because it was between Arya chapters and she was doing all sorts of awesome stuff at the time. :x

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #26 on: 04/ 08/ 2013, 02:52:48 PM »
Looks like she was in the teaser for next week, same as Jamie/Brienne, Bran and the others we didn't see. This episode was a little boring, but it set up for some interesting stuff that's about to happen, so I don't mind.

Also surprised to see ser barristan the badass show up so incredibly early in the story. Might mean they're gonna speed Dany's story along, which thank god if that's the case.

He was there from that moment on, but the books revealed his real identity at a later point. Which would be difficult to do in a show...
I wanna watch, but I am gonna wait to marathon it with some friends ^^

AzNheadbanger

•   
  • #1 Dance Central fan
  • Badges tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #27 on: 04/ 08/ 2013, 04:53:59 PM »
They made Sam out to be a bitch at the Fist of The First Men when in the books he sent out all the ravens and then joined in the fight :(

Also the Queen of Thorns is amazing.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #28 on: 04/ 09/ 2013, 10:45:45 PM »
*Peaks in while trying to avoid spoilars*

Just finished season 1, after...like...nearly two years. Jesus, Mav...But yeah, I'm obsessive enough about it so much now that I should be caught up by the next episode. XD

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #29 on: 04/ 10/ 2013, 11:08:23 AM »
They made Sam out to be a bitch at the Fist of The First Men when in the books he sent out all the ravens and then joined in the fight :(

Also the Queen of Thorns is amazing.

Dude, queen of thorns was so spot on. That actress did such a perfect job.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #30 on: 04/ 12/ 2013, 05:09:31 PM »
Alright, caught up. Holy fucks, all of the things. I can't even begin. The White Walkers just might give me fucking nightmares. Mainly the cammander one. Wait, do I need spoiler tags.....Meh.

Favourite characters so far: Arya, Jon Snow, Brienne, Tyrion, Brandon, Osha, The Hound. But mainly Ned Stark; they somehow managed to make me feel like he's the main character, even now. Sort of an honourable legacy kind of thing, I guess...

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #31 on: 04/ 12/ 2013, 11:00:12 PM »
Ned Stark; they somehow managed to make me feel like he's the main character, even now. Sort of an honourable legacy kind of thing, I guess...

They really do. It's cool.

One of my favorite characters at the moment is Varys. In the books I could kinda take him or leave him, but in the show he is absolutely awesome.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #32 on: 04/ 12/ 2013, 11:20:50 PM »
I'm never sure whether I should like Varys or despise him. I love his slinking, string-pulling style, but he seems really cowardly to the point that he could have saved Ned Stark and prevented a shit tonne of other problems, but he didn't because herp derp. Ned's blood might as well be on his hands. And I get this feeling that he has some horrifying ultimate plan that no one will know about until it's too late because he was manipulating everyone. Which is awesome, but still pisses me off.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #33 on: 04/ 12/ 2013, 11:28:00 PM »
He serves the realm. He did try to help Ned when he was in the dungeons, but alas, Ned's honor got the best of him.

Varys wants what's best for the stability and safety of Westeros as a whole, and gives no fucks what has to be done to secure it. He wants to see to it that whoever is actually best suited to rule is the one who ends up ruling. I like that about him. Also, he's one of the most clever characters in the whole series. My other (probably first) favorite is Arya.

You should read the books. Arya is so incredibly awesome.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #34 on: 04/ 12/ 2013, 11:49:26 PM »
Was that made obvious in the books? Cause I've heard him say that in the show, but I still don't feel like I can trust him. But I really hope I'm wrong.

But yeah, I really need to read the books. Are they drastically different than the show, or similar?

Also, Arya's next to Jon Snow in my top fav spot. So she'll probably continue to be if I read the books.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #35 on: 04/ 13/ 2013, 12:40:12 AM »
Was that made obvious in the books? Cause I've heard him say that in the show, but I still don't feel like I can trust him. But I really hope I'm wrong.

Hopefully I'm not spoiling anything, but yeah. He does some stuff later on in the books that makes it pretty clear that he is a "citizen of the world" as it were. His loyalty is to everyone, and therefore no one. Thusly I wouldn't say you could exactly trust him, but the stuff that he does, whether you like it or not, is ultimately in the best interest of Westeros and working toward general peace and quiet. He's kind of like "You motherfuckers WILL stop rocking this boat or you will find yourselves overboard and drowning." Anyway, I've read all the books so far and he hasn't done anything to make me think I was wrong about him, but he is still constantly surprising me. He is definitely an underrated character.

And I wouldn't say the books are super drastically different, but they're different. Much longer and more detailed/drawn out, for one. Stuff happened in season 2 that didn't happen until the 3rd book, stuff is happening in season 3 that didn't happen until the 4th or 5th book, etc. It's more condensed/abridged and the story's being told faster.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #36 on: 04/ 13/ 2013, 01:30:06 AM »
Aaahhh, okay then. This is painting him in a new light. I shall see how I feel about him in the coming episodes.

And fuck yes, longer and drawn out is how I was hoping it would be. Think I might go for it later, though, when the series is near finishing. I like wondering what's gonna happen each week and such.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #37 on: 04/ 14/ 2013, 11:32:08 PM »
Lol Myreenese knot

Lol (tri)Pod

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #38 on: 04/ 15/ 2013, 10:59:45 AM »
I get the feeling that Kahleesi (I keep forgetting her damn name), will do some sort of whistle or something when leaving with the acquired slave soldiers (far enough away from the city), and the "traded" dragon will fly out of the place and go to her. She seems crazy enough to do it.

Also, Podrick is my hero.

Also also, the version of the episode that I...acquired...had random music put in it towards the end at the worst fucking part. Pissed me off. I don't know why people think to do that crap...

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #39 on: 04/ 15/ 2013, 11:11:17 AM »
She seems crazy enough to do it.

trollface.jpg

Also also, the version of the episode that I...acquired...had random music put in it towards the end at the worst fucking part. Pissed me off. I don't know why people think to do that crap...

That was actually the music that accompanied the end credits; it's a rockabilly version of that "bear and the maiden fair" song Bolton's guys were singing when they carried Jamie and Brienne through the woods on horseback. It was supposed to be there, just... like 10 seconds later. I'm not sure what happened. The fixed version should be out there by now.

Fun fact: that shit is not even close to the most shocking thing that happens this season. There are at least 3 more "events" of import left to go. It's not everyone's favorite book in the series for nothing. ;)