Game of Thrones [HBO] ** SHOW SPOILERS (no book spoilers)
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Game of Thrones [HBO] ** SHOW SPOILERS (no book spoilers)  (Read 21257 times)

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #220 on: 04/ 30/ 2014, 02:03:17 PM »
She gets herself sum dickins in the books, yessir. There's lots of dicking and sweaty fun times going on all over westeros and beyond.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #221 on: 04/ 30/ 2014, 02:29:33 PM »
and beyond.

White Walker boobies. I want White Walker boobies.

I'd call them Other boobies, but that just sounds awkward.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #222 on: 04/ 30/ 2014, 02:36:48 PM »
"Other" is actually the proper term. They're only called White Walkers on the show.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #223 on: 04/ 30/ 2014, 03:02:00 PM »
Yeah, that's why I mentioned it. XD I've started calling them Others now (I at least have that ability, even though I haven't read that far). So I was gonna say "Other boobies", but that just sounded weird.

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Bears tee hee hee Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Inufantry
« Reply #224 on: 04/ 30/ 2014, 07:17:57 PM »
Oh shit, I'm kinda glad I didn't forget something as kinda-major as that

but at the same time I'm un-glad that I didn't remember that is wasn't a thing

I got mad poo brain

I think I'm gonna re-read the books over the summer, and were it not for three of my close friends being really into the show, I'd probably drop it at the end of this season

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #225 on: 05/ 04/ 2014, 10:25:46 PM »
Poor Hodor. :(

Lol Karl

Ew Lysa

Yay Ghost

And welcome, show-only fans, to the hell that is Meereen.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #226 on: 05/ 05/ 2014, 12:59:34 AM »
Poor Sansa can't catch a break.

Lol Karl

That fight scene towards the end was pretty silly. Like at the last moment they start building him up as an expert cutthroat or whatever so he and Jon can have some over-the-top duel in a burning building where he twirls around two daggers like a video game character. The payoff was decent though so I guess it served its purpose.

Is that where Danny and her board of directors were chilling this episode? I find that group a bit hard to keep track of.

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Bears tee hee hee Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Inufantry
« Reply #227 on: 05/ 05/ 2014, 06:05:12 AM »
Is that where Danny and her board of directors were chilling this episode? I find that group a bit hard to keep track of.

Yes, get used to it

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #228 on: 05/ 05/ 2014, 10:37:44 AM »
That fight scene towards the end was pretty silly. Like at the last moment they start building him up as an expert cutthroat or whatever so he and Jon can have some over-the-top duel in a burning building where he twirls around two daggers like a video game character.

What's really silly is that it was just a few Castle Black scenes ago that Jon was teaching people how to fight a man who wields a weapon in each hand and plays dirty. Then he damn near loses the scuffle. Eh. I was satisfied with Karl and Locke's deaths, though. And all the northern arcs are back on track now, so I'll take it.

Get ready for a whoooole lotta nuthin.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
« Reply #229 on: 05/ 06/ 2014, 12:55:39 AM »
Arya/The Hound: It would be awesome  if The Hound taught Arya more about swordsmanship. Though I like her style right now. And I bet Arya could stab through armour if she perfected her form.

Karl: FINALLY. RIGHT IN THE HEAD MOUTH AREA.

Locke: Well, guess we'll be seeing this guy for a wh--...Oh.

Lysa: Just when I'd forgotten about her. Oh god, what in the fucking...She makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Her son would probably make a more horrifying king than Joffrey. :|

Sansa: Out of the frying pan...

The Adventures of Brienne and Pod: THIS IS SO FUN. *Girly clap jump* Reminding me of Claymore.

ToT I wanted to see more Dany adventures and such. Goddammit.

Theone: No reconstructive surgery or nothing. It's just gone.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
« Reply #230 on: 05/ 06/ 2014, 01:14:52 AM »
Also, a dude I completely forgot about: Jaqen H'ghar. Like what the fuck. Where did that guy go. For all I know we could have seen him already. And aren't there more like him? Where are those people!? That's like epic espionage shit right there.

Yep. Definitely continuing with the books once this season is over. My brain...

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #231 on: 05/ 06/ 2014, 07:23:19 AM »
The recurring theme of the episode seemed to be that the Stark children need to learn to fight dirty sometimes.

You'll still be seeing plenty of Dany. It'll just suck. Although maybe the showrunners will do something interesting with her, I dunno. This was the point in the books where I started to hate her. Maybe it'll be good in the show.

Jaqen is somewhere. Doing things. As he does.

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
« Reply #232 on: 05/ 06/ 2014, 09:15:46 AM »
You'll still be seeing plenty of Dany. It'll just suck. Although maybe the showrunners will do something interesting with her, I dunno. This was the point in the books where I started to hate her. Maybe it'll be good in the show.

This is the one area that I really think the show can improve big time over the books, we'll see I guess

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #233 on: 05/ 06/ 2014, 11:23:50 AM »
I hope so. They took a lot of liberties with Bran and Jon's storylines this season, maybe they'll cook up something for Meereen as well.

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
« Reply #234 on: 05/ 12/ 2014, 09:27:20 AM »
Shae is just awful...

Court bit was really good otherwise

But when you've got those lines for Peter Dinklage how can it not be?

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #235 on: 05/ 12/ 2014, 09:52:17 AM »
He pretty well killed it, and Charles Dance was also brilliant as usual. And Davos being the humble badass that he is. And fuck yeah Salladhor Saan is back! Great episode.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #236 on: 05/ 13/ 2014, 12:45:35 PM »
The scene with Yara felt kind of rushed. Like they spent weeks sailing there only to be chased off by a pack of dogs. Overall the stuff with Theon was great, though. He is so broken.

And yeah Dinklage fucking killed it.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #237 on: 05/ 13/ 2014, 05:06:18 PM »
Yeah, Alfie Allen is doing a great job showing how ruined Theon is. So many awesome actors in this show, damn.

Agreed on Yara.  You can kind of tell bits like that weren't in the books. Whenever they add something it's always full of holes and leaves you like "wtf was the point of that?" Such as Karl not bothering to tell Jon he had Bran hostage, and the idea that the fuckups at Craster's could've wrestled 2 direwolves into a cage. It's usually entertaining, though, so I shouldn't complain.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
« Reply #238 on: 05/ 14/ 2014, 04:23:44 AM »
Oh man, Tyrion. Getting deja vu from his last trial, but this was about 500x more epic. Wonder who he's gonna fight. Jamie, probably.

Also, I already want to jab Dany right in the neck meat. She went from "progressive maternal figure" to "confused teenager" almost overnight it seems. And the one thing that I felt would bite her in the ass has finally appeared: She might be freeing slaves, but she's still forcing herself onto a society she doesn't fully understand. She just waltzes in and takes charge, but she has no idea what she's taking charge of. She needs more scholars in her ear for that kind of thing so she doesn't look like an idiot.

And holy fuck, Theon is completely destroyed. Though I'm waiting for the moment when he gets flashes of his old memory and immediately stabs Ramsay right in the face out of instinct. That would be da bess. But knowing Theon's luck, that probably won't happen.

Also, am I the only one who hasn't read the books? Because then I'm probably just talking to myself right now.

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
  • Badges Bears Beedog Approved Item Shop Penguin Tagged Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Spotted Memebon tee hee hee Dancing with Myself
« Reply #239 on: 05/ 14/ 2014, 10:01:48 AM »
Also, am I the only one who hasn't read the books? Because then I'm probably just talking to myself right now.
I've only just started reading the first book, I was always put off thinking they would be hard to read, pleasantly surprised that is not the case at all.