Game of Thrones [HBO] ** SHOW SPOILERS (no book spoilers)
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Game of Thrones [HBO] ** SHOW SPOILERS (no book spoilers)  (Read 21258 times)

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #240 on: 05/ 14/ 2014, 11:15:17 AM »
Also, am I the only one who hasn't read the books? Because then I'm probably just talking to myself right now.

I think Peter Simp, Schabracke and I are the only ones who have read them. So I'm sure you're not alone.

I've only just started reading the first book, I was always put off thinking they would be hard to read, pleasantly surprised that is not the case at all.

They're easy to read, they'e just massive. That puts a lot of people off, but the chapters are broken up in such a way that you can chew through them pretty quick. I read the first 4 books over the course of about 6 weeks, I think.

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Bears tee hee hee Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Inufantry
« Reply #241 on: 05/ 14/ 2014, 02:42:15 PM »
They're easy to read, they're just massive. That puts a lot of people off, but the chapters are broken up in such a way that you can chew through them pretty quick. I read the first 4 books over the course of about 6 weeks, I think.

Yeah, I got up to ADWD in about a month (it was during summer), I was a little burnt out so ADWD took me probably two and a half months by itself I would read up to the start of a Dany chapter and then stop reading and have trouble picking it up from there

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #242 on: 05/ 14/ 2014, 03:32:50 PM »
Was it a bit slow starting up for anyone? Cause that's how it felt for me, which is why I absentmindedly put it off for so long. Otherwise, the longer the book the better, IMO.

I have about 4 of the books. Paperback, unfortunately (I like giant paperweight books), but I could plough through them if I could spend some time getting past the beginning slow hump. Now if I could just hold off on reading all this manga...

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #243 on: 05/ 14/ 2014, 04:28:03 PM »
Yeah, I got up to ADWD in about a month (it was during summer), I was a little burnt out so ADWD took me probably two and a half months by itself I would read up to the start of a Dany chapter and then stop reading and have trouble picking it up from there

Her chapters in ADWD almost made me want to quit the books, they were so awful. I had to force myself to finish them.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #244 on: 05/ 15/ 2014, 09:46:43 AM »
Interesting fact I just found out.  The actor that plays Theon is UK Singer Lily Allens brother.  The showrunners etc. had asked her to play Theons sister on the show.  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL she of course turned down the part.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #245 on: 05/ 15/ 2014, 10:51:06 AM »
She had a song about him a few years back, too, before the show came out. It's on youtube somewhere.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #246 on: 05/ 15/ 2014, 11:47:25 AM »
She had a song about him a few years back, too, before the show came out. It's on youtube somewhere.

yea, called alfie i think.

AzNheadbanger

•   
  • #1 Dance Central fan
  • Badges tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #247 on: 05/ 18/ 2014, 02:25:16 AM »
I think Peter Simp, Schabracke and I are the only ones who have read them. So I'm sure you're not alone.
I read the first one and listened to the audiobooks for the other 4.

yea, called alfie i think.

Its not a very flattering song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lki-nBllz78

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #248 on: 05/ 19/ 2014, 11:31:35 AM »
Littlefinger let Lysa sob against his chest for a moment, then put his hands on her arms and kissed her lightly. "My sweet silly jealous wife," he said, chuckling. "I've only loved one woman, I promise you."
Lysa Arryn smiled tremulously. "Only one? Oh, Petyr, do you swear it? Only one?"
"Only Cat." He gave her a short, sharp shove.
Lysa stumbled backward, her feet slipping on the wet marble. And then she was gone. She never screamed. For the longest time there was no sound but the wind.

Lots of people were upset that he didn't say "only Cat", that being one of the iconic lines from the series. That didn't really bother me. What DID bother me was that she shrieked and howled all the way to her death. Dunno why they had to mess with that.

Otherwise, holy shit, fucking great episode. Bronn and Tyrion's chat was pretty much straight from the books, as was Oberyn's story, which he nailed. Also loved Arya's "thank you".

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Bears tee hee hee Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Inufantry
« Reply #249 on: 05/ 19/ 2014, 01:37:46 PM »
"Don't give up on the gravy, no gravy, no pie"

Truly words to live by

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #250 on: 05/ 20/ 2014, 12:43:49 AM »
Oberyn is such a huge badass oh my god.

And I love that Brienne and Pod's segments have become this weird buddy cop routine. It's basically everything I wanted.

Overall though I think Arya and the Hound had the best scenes this episode. Props to actor playing that dying old guy. He was a total bro.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #251 on: 05/ 22/ 2014, 04:20:01 AM »
Sansa: Oh man, I saw that Lysa scene a mile off. As soon as Sansa walked into the room. XD I honestly feel sorry for the son now. They'll probably tell him that she went away and will be gone for a very long time. Or...I don't even know.

Dany: Definitely want to jab Dany right in the neck now. Just square in the neck. I've never become annoyed with someone this quickly before. Why is she doing the things. Stahp. Dany stahp it.

Arya/The Hound: Awesome as usual. A quick extension and shortening of the old list there. Also, interesting seeing The Hound in such a weak state. He's like a giant baby now. A giant, stabby, melting baby.

Tyrion/Oberyn: YES. YES YES YES. YES YES YES YES YES YES YES.

Brienne/Pod: YAY MEATPIE! I forgot his name...That is his name now.

"Don't give up on the gravy, no gravy, no pie"

Theon: Still gone.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #252 on: 05/ 23/ 2014, 01:29:37 AM »

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #253 on: 06/ 01/ 2014, 09:04:46 PM »
Better in the book. But still heartbreakingly awful. -_-

Goodnight, sweet preence.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #254 on: 06/ 02/ 2014, 12:23:12 AM »
I had heard before about it happening, but not how. That was FUUUUUCKED. He was incredible and my heart hurts so much!

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #255 on: 06/ 02/ 2014, 12:46:04 AM »
MAN I DON'T FEEL TOO GOOD ABOUT HOW THAT WENT DOWN

Also I never really considered the possibility of Jorah spying on Danny. I had completely forgotten about the incident with the wine and never questioned how Varys was getting that information.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
« Reply #256 on: 06/ 02/ 2014, 02:05:37 AM »
GODDAMMIT.

GODDAMMIT.

I really hope The Mountain is dead, though. Then again, there's a small part of me that wants him to be alive so The Hound can kill him.

Now that I think about it, revenge hasn't gotten very far in this show. .__.;;

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #257 on: 06/ 02/ 2014, 07:21:36 AM »
You have to remember, many people including me have read this thing all the way to the end of book 5, and we love it. There will be awful horrible things, but there are equally awesome hooray things and it all balances out.

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
« Reply #258 on: 06/ 02/ 2014, 08:06:05 AM »
;_;

Oberyn's choreography during that fight was faaaaaaaantastic, I watched it twice

The Red Viper is the one character I wish we could have seen more of most

https://twitter.com/PedroPascal1/status/473288824781815808

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
« Reply #259 on: 06/ 02/ 2014, 12:54:27 PM »
You have to remember, many people including me have read this thing all the way to the end of book 5, and we love it. There will be awful horrible things, but there are equally awesome hooray things and it all balances out.

Oh yes, most definitely. I have little to no problems with anything happening, and trust the plotline. Only real thing I'm disgruntled with is Dany's quick descent into tween. Er...I mean, she pretty much is a tween, but...You know what I mean. XD

https://twitter.com/PedroPascal1/status/473288824781815808

HAHAHAHAHAH.