Game of Thrones [HBO] ** SHOW SPOILERS (no book spoilers)
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Game of Thrones [HBO] ** SHOW SPOILERS (no book spoilers)  (Read 18018 times)

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #40 on: 04/ 15/ 2013, 11:55:57 AM »
Ooohh, I see. I was trying to figure out how someone could get a cover of the song that quickly, since I doubt anyone other than the creators knew of the song prior to the episode. XD Things are making more sense now. Well, I'm happy it wasn't the uploader's fault.

Fun fact: that shit is not even close to the most shocking thing that happens this season. There are at least 3 more "events" of import left to go. It's not everyone's favorite book in the series for nothing. ;)

y u do dis 2 me

*RESTLESS ANTICIPATION*

Also, I wasn't really surprised when they chopped off his hand. As soon as they undid his chains I knew something horrible was about to happen. I was actually expecting them to kick him into the fire. XD They took the...er...greater of two evils though, I guess. Least they didn't try to poke him like Theon.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #41 on: 04/ 15/ 2013, 03:55:08 PM »
Poor Reek Theon. I'm not sure what they're doing with that arc; that whole thing didn't happen until the 5th book, so it's mad early, and it's going down a bitt different from the way the books were.

Stuff like that makes the show a little more interesting for us book readers, because even though we know what's going to ultimately happen, we don't know when it'll take place, or exactly how. Some characters' arcs are a book or two ahead and others are slightly behind.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #42 on: 04/ 17/ 2013, 12:36:55 AM »
Being Theon is suffering. But after all the bullshit he pulled in season 2 I have a hard time sympathizing with him at all.

On the other hand, HOHO UNINTENDED PUN I actually do think it sucks that Jaime lost his hand, even though I realize I'm probably not supposed to like him. At least he stopped those dudes from raping Brienne.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #43 on: 04/ 17/ 2013, 02:42:08 AM »
Poor Reek Theon.

I definitely feel sorry for him, but I also think he's merely getting what he gave. His actions destroyed Winterfell and everyone inside of it, all because of his shitty-ass pride. I can't hate him too much though, since he's an idiot and doesn't know half of what he's doing in the end.

At least he stopped those dudes from raping Brienne.

I got absolutely pissed the fuck off at her complete helplessness during that part. I was expecting her to calmly go with them then proceed to chop their balls off. But NOPE...Least she didn't get her dignity stolen.

Also, fuck Jaime. I don't give two sandwiches what happens to him.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #44 on: 04/ 17/ 2013, 08:22:33 AM »
as the season goes on i feel that im starting to remember even more about what's going on all except for Theon.  I don't remember why they took him or who took him, also it's mad cool that the dude that freed him was one of the main characters on the misfits (awesome awesome show on hulu)

as for the books, i want to read them but i'd probably get pretty lost about what's going on.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #45 on: 04/ 17/ 2013, 09:15:44 AM »
I forgot who took him as well, actually, and I'd only just caught up last week. XD I know he got knocked out and dragged off by his own people, but what the fuck happened after that? Were his captives his own people? None of the faces looked familiar. I know his group didn't like him, but they weren't enemies with him or anything. Are we just not supposed to understand yet? Maybe something happened after he was knocked out? Or did I miss something obvious? Da fffuuuuuq~

AzNheadbanger

•   
  • #1 Dance Central fan
  • Badges tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #46 on: 04/ 17/ 2013, 07:54:52 PM »
I forgot who took him as well, actually, and I'd only just caught up last week. XD I know he got knocked out and dragged off by his own people, but what the fuck happened after that? Were his captives his own people? None of the faces looked familiar. I know his group didn't like him, but they weren't enemies with him or anything. Are we just not supposed to understand yet? Maybe something happened after he was knocked out? Or did I miss something obvious? Da fffuuuuuq~
Robb ordered Roose Bolton's bastard to spare all the Ironmen but take Theon alive.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #47 on: 04/ 17/ 2013, 08:57:43 PM »
Robb ordered Roose Bolton's bastard to spare all the Ironmen but take Theon alive.

Fuckin' shet. I knew it was something random that I'd missed. This explains all the things. There's always so much happening that I forget certain scenes.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #48 on: 04/ 17/ 2013, 11:36:57 PM »
I don't want to spoil anything, but I once shared the same opinion of Jamie Lannister you do at this point in the story. I give it the middle/end of season 4 before he becomes one of your favorite characters. He is kind of the Daryl Dixon of GOT.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #49 on: 04/ 18/ 2013, 12:09:39 AM »
He pushed a defenseless child out of a window and killed someone who idolized him, all without a second's thought. Daryl Dixon can be a douche, but he at least has enough of a moral compass to know that there are other ways around a situation than killing innocent people for your own selfish purposes. I dunno what he does later to change any of this, but I doubt it'll have much of an effect on me. The only thing he did that I can applaud is getting rid of Aerys Targaryen.

Spoilers.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #50 on: 04/ 18/ 2013, 12:32:54 AM »
I thought the same thing in the middle of book 3. People learn, bro. Character development. Keep an eye on him. ;)

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #51 on: 04/ 18/ 2013, 12:41:53 AM »
Okay, if it's about character development then I think I can let it slide. Let's hope they do it right and don't have it happen overnight, though, what with the pacing differences between the book and the show. XD

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #52 on: 04/ 18/ 2013, 01:24:26 AM »
I dunno how they'll do it in the show, but I sincerely hope they get it right. For me it was something like:

-Holy shit, fuck this guy
-Seriously, fuck this fucking guy
-Shit. Well... I understand, but... c'mon, it's Jamie. Fuck him, right? But...
-Woah, so he actually... Tyrion didn't realize th...
-Hm, he's... Jamie's alright maybe
-Aw snaaaaap
-Man, Jamie is fucking cool

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #53 on: 04/ 18/ 2013, 07:54:36 AM »
I thought the same thing in the middle of book 3. People learn, bro. Character development. Keep an eye on him. ;)

middle of book three? hmmm hopefully that will happen this season, they're supposedly splitting book three into season 3 and 4.  i am starting to turn toward liking Jamie, although it's probably more pity at this point due to his missing hand

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #54 on: 04/ 18/ 2013, 11:33:05 AM »
middle of book three? hmmm hopefully that will happen this season, they're supposedly splitting book three into season 3 and 4.  i am starting to turn toward liking Jamie, although it's probably more pity at this point due to his missing hand

Most story arcs are just about at the middle of the book now. What happened in last week's episode is the pivot point for that character. Jamie Lannister as book readers know him was born at that moment. Next week he starts on his path to being a quite different guy. Understandably. Also won't be long now before Arya takes a few steps toward who she's gonna end up being.

I will stop semi-spoiling things now.

This point in the story is like when the Governor showed up in TWD. As in, shit is finally about to start getting real. A lot of seriously crazy madness is about to go down.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #55 on: 04/ 18/ 2013, 01:53:00 PM »
yo was that the guy who played Owen in Torchwood in who says something about the nights watch being fed worse than the pigs at Craster's place?

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #56 on: 04/ 21/ 2013, 10:27:56 PM »

AzNheadbanger

•   
  • #1 Dance Central fan
  • Badges tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #57 on: 04/ 22/ 2013, 12:03:56 AM »
"Prodigies appear in the oddest of places."

The legend of Podrick continues.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Game of Thrones [HBO]
« Reply #58 on: 04/ 23/ 2013, 01:46:58 AM »
OH MY GOD, DANY. YOU BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT LADY. I knew something like that was gonna happen, though I didn't think it would be...that fucking badass. Loved that ending music, too.

And the Night's Watch has officially gone crazy. If things keep going the way they are, Jon Snow will be the last watchman. Unless he drops his oath and goes Wildman, then the watch is royally fucked. Possibly literally.

Also, two things I'm not understanding: Where the fuck are the White Walkers? And where the fuck is that black demon creature thing? It's like they all just appeared, threatening the lives of everyone everywhere, and then changed their minds immediately after.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Game of Thrones [HBO] ** SPOILERS
« Reply #59 on: 04/ 23/ 2013, 02:46:22 AM »
I've marked this thread as having spoilers so we can stop bothering with this. However, book readers, let's keep using the spoiler tags for stuff that hasn't been in the show yet. Or you will get in trouble fo reals.

Anyway,

Where the fuck are the White Walkers? And where the fuck is that black demon creature thing? It's like they all just appeared, threatening the lives of everyone everywhere, and then changed their minds immediately after.

The wights aren't at their full strength yet because it's still technically summer. They move when they can and then they... I dunno, nap I guess? They disappear and reappear when it's cold enough, mostly at night. But Winter is coming.

And black demon thing, I guess you mean Stannis/Melissandre's shadow baby thing? That thing is gone, it pretty much only existed to visit Renly's tent and then stopped existing.

And yes, the sack of Astaphor was beautiful. That was everything I hoped it would be from the book. Told you dude, it starts with Jamie's hand and then there will pretty much be a "holy shit" scene like that in every episode this season. Next week will blow your mind too. Also a certain somebody should be gettin naked.