Game of Thrones [HBO] ** SHOW SPOILERS (no book spoilers)
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Game of Thrones [HBO] ** SHOW SPOILERS (no book spoilers)  (Read 21032 times)

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #80 on: 04/ 29/ 2013, 03:51:31 PM »
Told ya. By the 5th book he was one of my favorite characters.

As for Shireen, I don't remember if it's come up before this point in the story yet or not, so I don't want to spoil anything, but she has a condition known in the books as "Greyscale". You'll learn more about it later. That's what that shit on her face is.

Greyscale...Dang, I thought she'd gotten burned or something. Well, least she made it, unlike her siblings. I hipe she's not slowly turning into a monster creature. XD

Also, looking at pictures of the lady who plays Brienne and...Goddamn...Makeup effects and posture really go a long way.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #81 on: 04/ 29/ 2013, 10:05:58 PM »
Greyscale...Dang, I thought she'd gotten burned or something. Well, least she made it, unlike her siblings. I hipe she's not slowly turning into a monster creature. XD

Nope, just stone. :(

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #82 on: 04/ 29/ 2013, 10:13:38 PM »
I really really really want to look at that spoiler tag. Oh my eff...*Violent twitching*

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #83 on: 04/ 29/ 2013, 10:22:14 PM »
Well, if I remember right, it was explained by now in the books, so I can tell you without really spoiling anything.

It's a srs bzns calcification of the skin and so on. While it's fatal in adults, children can and do survive it. Shireen is cured of it, but it left her disfigured. She had a bout of it as an infant but survived. Get it as an adult, however, and it turns you to "stone" and eventually kills you. But the kid, she's A-ok.

Serious cases won't come up until later, and when they do... That's gonna be sum shit to see. Boy howdy.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
« Reply #84 on: 04/ 30/ 2013, 02:45:02 AM »
Oooohh, I see. They could totally use them as decorations. XD

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #85 on: 05/ 05/ 2013, 11:44:02 PM »
Stupid Freys

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
« Reply #86 on: 05/ 06/ 2013, 03:09:47 AM »
OH GOD, THEON. THEON. JESUS CHRIST WHY.

Also, the Wall scene had me hyperventilating. Holy fucks in a sack.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #87 on: 05/ 06/ 2013, 01:16:35 PM »
Theon ain't seen nuthin yet, dawg. Actually, nobody ain't seen nuthin yet. The chaos is just getting started.

3 more weeks...

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #88 on: 05/ 07/ 2013, 01:29:57 AM »
I thought the wall-climbing scene was pretty cool. Nothing else really stuck out to me this episode besides the Theon torture stuff. Although I guess it was nice to see more Tyrion, even if only briefly.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #89 on: 05/ 07/ 2013, 07:26:46 AM »
The thing that stuck out most for me this week was the whole thing with Melissandre meeting the BWB and taking Gendry. Because that totally didn't happen in the books, at all. Which means Gendry is taking on the role of a certain book character who hasn't been in the show, which is crazy and makes me wonder if he'll get to go back to being regular book storyline Gendry.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #90 on: 05/ 13/ 2013, 12:12:11 AM »
YESSS, Tormund Giantsbane. The dirty-talking HARHAR-ing Tormund from the books finally arrives. I am so happy.

AzNheadbanger

•   
  • #1 Dance Central fan
  • Badges tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #91 on: 05/ 14/ 2013, 03:18:32 AM »
Wow Theon's scenes are way worse than anything in the books.

Edit: Aaaand this episode had the best version of "The Rains of Castamere" imo

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Bears tee hee hee Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Inufantry
« Reply #92 on: 05/ 14/ 2013, 10:12:09 AM »
Anyone else feel that Osha's tantrum and sad story scene was particularly poorly done?

It just didn't seem to fit at all for me, especially her saying "I don't want you speaking to him anymore"

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #93 on: 05/ 14/ 2013, 11:23:01 AM »
Osha's too different from book Osha IMO. In the books she was the one telling Bran that he'd better pay attention to Jojen, encouraging all that stuff. Quite the opposite of the show. I get that GRRM likes her and wants to give her more screen time, but there's no reason to flip her around like that.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
« Reply #94 on: 05/ 14/ 2013, 04:57:12 PM »
As soon as those girls walked into the room with Theone, I knew he was gonna lose his wang.

Osha's too different from book Osha IMO. In the books she was the one telling Bran that he'd better pay attention to Jojen, encouraging all that stuff. Quite the opposite of the show. I get that GRRM likes her and wants to give her more screen time, but there's no reason to flip her around like that.

I haven't even read the book and Osha seems like she's going against her character. She just seems like the type to support that stuff, even in some small way. I get a very shaman-like vibe from her. She's one of my favourites, and her recent silliness is disappointing me.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #95 on: 05/ 20/ 2013, 12:38:24 AM »
Aw yeah Sam the Slayer

AzNheadbanger

•   
  • #1 Dance Central fan
  • Badges tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #96 on: 05/ 20/ 2013, 03:59:26 AM »
Aw yeah Sam the Slayer
But no black brothers to see him do it :(

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #97 on: 05/ 20/ 2013, 08:01:42 AM »
I guess they're going on Gilly's word, which worries me. But holy shit the crows were awesome. I love the way this scene hints at shit waaaay later in the story.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
« Reply #98 on: 05/ 21/ 2013, 01:55:43 AM »
He almost.....but...he stabbed the...right in the....and...and...

*Passes out*

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #99 on: 05/ 21/ 2013, 03:43:15 PM »
Sooo much awesome shiiiit is about to happennnnn

They're taking a break next week though. For memorial day.

Blows.