TJS Episode 06
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: TJS Episode 06  (Read 16187 times)

CaptainBright

• nubbin
  • Somersault!
TJS Episode 06
« Reply #80 on: 04/ 26/ 2011, 10:02:30 AM »
@Topher

Hachi-jyu-roku?

Don't see the reference......

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
TJS Episode 06
« Reply #81 on: 04/ 26/ 2011, 10:15:06 AM »
Yes, that's how you'd say it.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
TJS Episode 06
« Reply #82 on: 04/ 26/ 2011, 10:30:59 AM »
ahhhhh, I get it now. Clever. Something I could never pick up on my own as I know not moon talk.

crazybeethoven

• nubbin
TJS Episode 06
« Reply #83 on: 04/ 26/ 2011, 10:34:40 AM »
Eight ten six?

Does it have something to do with why 6 is afraid of 7, because 7 ate 9?

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
TJS Episode 06
« Reply #84 on: 04/ 26/ 2011, 11:17:19 AM »
hachi juu roku is 8-10-6 or rather 86. The more relevant way of saying it is Hachi Roku because it's referencing the the Toyota Corrolla (chassis code AE86) which Mrs. Beedog drives (episode 4). The car is also used by Takumi Fujiwara of Initial D fame. The car and the horse are related not only because they both shared the 86 but also  because they share the same panda inspired color scheme and the fact that in both TJS and Initial D, it has someone talking shit about it looking old, outdated, or ugly.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
TJS Episode 06
« Reply #85 on: 04/ 26/ 2011, 11:25:56 AM »
Hachi Rokus are also rear-wheel drive and somewhat hard to control at high speeds if you're an inexperienced driver.

It doesn't listen... the men believe it can't be broken.

CaptainBright

• nubbin
  • Somersault!
TJS Episode 06
« Reply #86 on: 04/ 26/ 2011, 12:15:09 PM »
@Topher

Oh that's right! Goddarn, it's been awhile since I've dabbled in Initial D.....

Oh well, too bad for me....

Poesnacks

• nubbin
  • Snacks for them poes
  • Badges Sauninda
TJS Episode 06
« Reply #87 on: 04/ 26/ 2011, 01:01:02 PM »
Eleanor's preciousness is far greater than I had anticipated.

Incidentally,

After watching episode 5, it is my face which is beaming.

Simply fantastic, and, and, and... we haven't even seen Eleanor yet.  Unless she was being a smart cookie and employing camouflage.

knew it

phthano

• nubbin
  • Badges tee hee hee
TJS Episode 06
« Reply #88 on: 04/ 26/ 2011, 01:57:54 PM »
The newspaper scrolling scene must have taken so much goddamn work. It's so well done and you can rewatch it so many times. The implied creation of Geraldo Beedog is my favorite thing.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
TJS Episode 06
« Reply #89 on: 04/ 26/ 2011, 02:08:24 PM »
It doesn't have so much to do with their age. But if you were gonna say their age in Japanese, how would you pronounce it? If the horse doesn't listen, I bet he's hard to control...

Waitwaitwait, how did I not see this!? Mrs. Beedog's ca--

ahhhhh, I get it now. Clever. Something I could never pick up on my own as I know not moon talk.

hachi juu roku is 8-10-6 or rather 86. The more relevant way of saying it is Hachi Roku because it's referencing the the Toyota Corrolla (chassis code AE86) which Mrs. Beedog drives (episode 4). The car is also used by Takumi Fujiwara of Initial D fame. The car and the horse are related not only because they both shared the 86 but also  because they share the same panda inspired color scheme and the fact that in both TJS and Initial D, it has someone talking shit about it looking old, outdated, or ugly.

Er.....w-what they said.......

Always late.

garison

• nubbin
  • Badges Sauninda
    • garison.me
TJS Episode 06
« Reply #90 on: 04/ 26/ 2011, 03:00:53 PM »
I wish I could grow six extra arms on whim specifically so I could be extremely adept at playing Pop'n. That would be cool.

JusticeDude

•   
  • j/k, it's always spookytime
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
TJS Episode 06
« Reply #91 on: 04/ 26/ 2011, 08:06:28 PM »
THE GUITAR IS A HORSE!?!

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
TJS Episode 06
« Reply #92 on: 04/ 26/ 2011, 08:33:12 PM »
o_O huh?

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
TJS Episode 06
« Reply #93 on: 04/ 26/ 2011, 08:47:31 PM »

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
TJS Episode 06
« Reply #94 on: 04/ 27/ 2011, 04:50:20 AM »
THE GUITAR IS A HORSE!?!

Correct. The horse summoned Patches from a distant time and ate Patches and then turned into a guitar but the guitar was made of cardboard so Kimiko had to bring the guitarboard to a druid that turned the guitarboard into a tractor so then Kimiko drove the tractor around the world which made the tractor vomit out Patches which turned the tractor into the telecaster that we see here today. And that's the story about how Patches got lost in Tibet.

JusticeDude

•   
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
TJS Episode 06
« Reply #95 on: 04/ 27/ 2011, 10:01:11 AM »
PATCHES IS A TREE?!?

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
TJS Episode 06
« Reply #96 on: 04/ 27/ 2011, 10:18:55 AM »
ATLAS IS FONTAINE!?!?

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
TJS Episode 06
« Reply #97 on: 04/ 27/ 2011, 10:25:03 AM »
DARTH VADER IS YOUR FATHER!?!?

JusticeDude

•   
TJS Episode 06
« Reply #98 on: 04/ 27/ 2011, 11:28:44 AM »
ELEANOR IS THE CAR!?!

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
TJS Episode 06
« Reply #99 on: 04/ 27/ 2011, 03:10:09 PM »
TAKA AND AKI ARE ARCHEOLOGIST DINOSAURS SENT FROM THE PAST TO UNCOVER THE LEGENDARY HAMBURGER LAUNCHER FROM THE DEPTHS OF THE BEEDOGS' FRIDGE UNBEKNOWNST TO THE BEEDOGS AND THE REAL TAKA AND AKI ARE BEING HELD CAPTIVE BY A RUSSIAN TURKEY PLANNING WORLD DOMINATION!?!?