Rockmelon Mix Tape Volume 1: Summer Jamz 2011
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Rockmelon Mix Tape Volume 1: Summer Jamz 2011  (Read 3593 times)

Cataract

• Mechanical Pony Wrangler
  •   
  • Serious business.
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Manly Man Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Rockmelon Game Night
Rockmelon Mix Tape Volume 1: Summer Jamz 2011
« on: 05/ 22/ 2011, 10:20:11 AM »
I wanted to do a little project here for the summer, something simple. I want to make a Rockmelon Soda community mix CD. Just a little collection of our relatively diverse tastes to produce something thats easy to listen to for a nice day of relaxing on a hot day by the pool, beach, or hot tub. Summer jams (or jamz, as I've been told).

So here's what I need from you. Your favorite song to relax to in the summer, sent to me via PM Dropbox. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll invite you to a shared folder on Dropbox where you can upload your tracks. If you could upload it onto a file-sharing site and then link it to me, that'd make things easy. We'll do a maximum of 16 tracks for this one, and I'll listen to each song and decide the final 16. In addition, I'll only be taking 2 or 3 admissions per person, so put some thought into your choice!

Edit: Changed stuffs around, and we'll be using Dropbox now instead of sending me the songs.

Update: Submissions will only be taken until this Saturday (the 28th) at 11:59 PM EST! Get to work!

Super Update: It's done! It's all ready for you to download!
http://www.mediafire.com/?hipz43v4qoqzh4z
« Last Edit: 08/ 12/ 2011, 07:51:45 PM by Cataract »

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • All You Can Eat
Rockmelon Summer Jamz 2011
« Reply #1 on: 05/ 22/ 2011, 11:22:39 AM »
Awesome idea, my songs have been submitted, I hope the notlinks work out ^^

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Keenan Payne
« Reply #2 on: 05/ 22/ 2011, 11:57:00 AM »
Sweet, I'll submit my songs as well =D

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #3 on: 05/ 22/ 2011, 12:21:27 PM »
You should make a dropbox for people to put the songs into.

Cataract

•   
  • Serious business.
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Manly Man Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #4 on: 05/ 22/ 2011, 12:33:04 PM »
You should make a dropbox for people to put the songs into.

I would, but I'm almost at 162% capacity on my Dropbox account. I wouldn't even be able to access it.

Edit: Deleted everything/removed myself from my folders on Dropbox, since I didn't use any of them anyway. I'll set up a Dropbox in a few minutes.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #5 on: 05/ 22/ 2011, 12:48:44 PM »
Goddammit! I just started uploading my songs! You're breaking my balls, Nick!

Cataract

•   
  • Serious business.
« Reply #6 on: 05/ 22/ 2011, 01:02:18 PM »
Goddammit! I just started uploading my songs! You're breaking my balls, Nick!

It's not my fault you chose 15!

Edit: It's really good stuff though, so it's OK. Just gonna be damn hard to decide on which ones to put on.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
« Reply #7 on: 05/ 22/ 2011, 01:11:32 PM »
Narrowing it down to those 15 was REALLY hard!

edit: Someone should make some sweet cover art for this mix!

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #8 on: 05/ 22/ 2011, 04:26:55 PM »
This is a thing that I am interested in doing with the thing and yuss. Already grabbing music. All of my "not depressing relaxation music" seems to be in or around the same genre though. Oh well. XD

edit: Someone should make some sweet cover art for this mix!

This is something I can do, if'n people wants it.

Cataract

•   
  • Serious business.
« Reply #9 on: 05/ 25/ 2011, 08:30:30 PM »
OP has been updated with info regarding the deadline. Le bump.

Changston

• nubbin
  • MULAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
    • Scientific Progress Goes Boink
« Reply #10 on: 05/ 26/ 2011, 07:19:51 AM »
ALL GAGA, ALL THE TIME.

I e-mailed you with my dropbox account name. Share please? Thanks.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #11 on: 05/ 26/ 2011, 07:53:02 AM »
ALL GAGA, ALL THE TIME.

You're my new favorite.

Changston

• nubbin
  • MULAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
« Reply #12 on: 05/ 26/ 2011, 08:51:42 AM »
You're my new favorite.

I was worried I wouldn't like the new album because I was getting a little burnt out, but goddamn it's some great pop music.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #13 on: 05/ 26/ 2011, 09:20:42 AM »
hope I can get in before th deadline.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #14 on: 05/ 28/ 2011, 11:58:31 AM »
I fucking love whoever put that LFO song in there.

Cataract

•   
  • Serious business.
« Reply #15 on: 05/ 28/ 2011, 03:15:58 PM »
Man, ordering everything is really tough. Trying to find a nice flow with everyones different tastes is a bit tough. Going to listen to the current order front to back when I get home from work tonight and see how I feel about it.

P-Dude

•   
  • Badges Sauninda Inufantry Spotted Memebon Bears
    • AbleGamers
« Reply #16 on: 05/ 29/ 2011, 03:10:09 PM »
I fucking love whoever put that LFO song in there.

Fuck, YEAH! I love you, too <3

Cataract

•   
  • Serious business.
« Reply #17 on: 05/ 31/ 2011, 09:45:59 PM »
It's finished! Check the OP for the download link!

Senisan

•   
  • Badges Manly Man tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #18 on: 06/ 01/ 2011, 07:39:59 AM »
Downloading this badboy as I type. My ears are ready.

Changston

• nubbin
  • MULAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
« Reply #19 on: 06/ 01/ 2011, 09:22:13 AM »
Solid job everyone. I expect a winter album too.

Because I've got a handful of Hanukkah songs that are BAWSE.