Steins Gate (Spoilers)
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Steins Gate (Spoilers)  (Read 10626 times)

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • El Psy Congroo
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
Steins Gate (Spoilers)
« Reply #40 on: 08/ 03/ 2011, 06:03:34 PM »
Okabe is having to undo all the changes that have happened so far. This is totally leading up to having to choose between Kurisu dying (because she shouldn't be alive in the first place) or Mayuri dying. I'm already getting sad just thinking about it.

Manic Maverick

• Fuckwut
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Mr. Foetus
Steins Gate (Spoilers)
« Reply #41 on: 08/ 03/ 2011, 07:03:52 PM »
Okabe is having to undo all the changes that have happened so far. This is totally leading up to having to choose between Kurisu dying (because she shouldn't be alive in the first place) or Mayuri dying. I'm already getting sad just thinking about it.

Yup. :C Major depress. Mayuri better not be the one that gets killed off for good, though. Well, I hope Kurisu doesn't either. But Mmmaayyuuurriiii...Tu-tu-ruuu...ToT

Through all of this, though, i'm still wondering what the hell is up with the Phantom Mayuri™.

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • ⑨ Hime-Cut's, Loli's and scythes are best in life.
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
Steins Gate (Spoilers)
« Reply #42 on: 08/ 05/ 2011, 05:21:23 AM »
There is no Phantom mayuri, that is just a dream he had, maybe a premonition, but there was no actual reality to it. That would mean Mayuri could just "speak" to him Over different time lines in which case she could explain a whole lot more to him then what she has.

As for the Kurisu thing, the only other message he has to change is the shining finger message, he doesn't have to change -all- of them, so keep that in mind. Not saying there won't be that point, just pointIng out that as things current stand, that decision won't be nessacry within the current actions being taken to prevent Mayuris death.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • El Psy Congroo
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
Steins Gate (Spoilers)
« Reply #43 on: 08/ 05/ 2011, 08:44:00 AM »
How'd you come to that conclusions? 'Cause the way things are explained, unless they get back to the original world line, she's dying. They didn't move from the original world line until that first message was sent after Okabe saw Kurisu dead. Then they just kept moving after that with each new D-Mail.

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
Steins Gate (Spoilers)
« Reply #44 on: 08/ 05/ 2011, 12:00:44 PM »
How'd you come to that conclusions? 'Cause the way things are explained, unless they get back to the original world line, she's dying. They didn't move from the original world line until that first message was sent after Okabe saw Kurisu dead. Then they just kept moving after that with each new D-Mail.

It was already explained what messages he needed to un-do to get the IBN back 2 or 3 episodes ago, and it said this episode he only needed to un-do one more. He doesn't need to un-do ALL the messages, just the ones to get the IBN back so Daru can do something to counter SERN.

Edit: Go watch 17 at 3:02 and Kurisu will explain all this to you.

As for Mayuri I am going purely on intuition, just as you guys would be going on intuition to think she tried to communicate with him, they never made that clear yet in any way, shape or form.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • El Psy Congroo
    • My Anime List
Steins Gate (Spoilers)
« Reply #45 on: 08/ 05/ 2011, 12:20:38 PM »
Getting the IBN back won't do anything if Mayuri is destined to die regardless of SERNS involvement. She kept dying even when SERN wasn't in any way responsible for it. And undoing one message only delayed the death. So basically he's just delaying it a bit more by undoing every D-Mail. Kurisu also explained she was only theorizing. As in, "I'm guessing here". The death in the first episode will come back, and it'll be boiled down to Okabe having to choose Mayuri dying or returning to the original world line and have Kurisu die.

Of course, this is me also just theorizing.

And as for phantom Mayuri, that was Okabe dreaming yo. I thought that was pretty clear in the episode.
« Last Edit: 08/ 05/ 2011, 04:22:42 PM by Jack Hollow »

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
Steins Gate (Spoilers)
« Reply #46 on: 08/ 05/ 2011, 01:00:28 PM »
I don't feel like Steins Gate is the kind of show that would let it's cast members just die in the end. You see Kyouma will probably make a contract in the last episode, become god and erase all the wi-...

What was I saying? I think I blacked out there for a second...

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • El Psy Congroo
    • My Anime List
Steins Gate (Spoilers)
« Reply #47 on: 08/ 05/ 2011, 01:11:05 PM »
What was I saying? I think I blacked out there for a second...
You were saying that I was right and that I'm awesome

Quote from: Neonie In FUTURE TIME
You're toally right, Jack. Also, you are awesome and devilishly handsome.
See?

<_<

>_>

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Steins Gate (Spoilers)
« Reply #48 on: 08/ 05/ 2011, 04:14:26 PM »
@neonie, If you think about it, we're only on episode 18 and if they only needed to undo 1 more d-mail then it might as well end at 19.

They only think they need to undo 1 more but what is really going to happen is they go "OH SHIT!", in english, until they finally remember that Kurisu died in the original world line and that ends up being the catalyst in Mayuri's death.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • El Psy Congroo
    • My Anime List
Steins Gate (Spoilers)
« Reply #49 on: 08/ 09/ 2011, 01:41:24 PM »

Manic Maverick

• Fuckwut
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Mr. Foetus
Steins Gate (Spoilers)
« Reply #50 on: 08/ 09/ 2011, 06:40:00 PM »
EPISODE 19: Endless Apoptosis

Oh, that Moeka. Always such a joker.

As I've always believed, I think Floppy Butts (I'm calling FB that from now on) is someone (maybe someone we've seen already?) sending her D-Mails from the future. It hasn't really been established what the date was in the texts, so I think it's a possibility. If that's so, Okabe can't exactly track Floppy Butts down. But now that he knows where the IBN is, or was at least put on the right path, he might not need to. Keyword: Might. Other keyword: Floppy Butts.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • El Psy Congroo
    • My Anime List
Steins Gate (Spoilers)
« Reply #51 on: 08/ 09/ 2011, 07:21:18 PM »
I would've gone with Flatulent Bear

Manic Maverick

• Fuckwut
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Mr. Foetus
Steins Gate (Spoilers)
« Reply #52 on: 08/ 09/ 2011, 08:22:36 PM »
Frosted Beef.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • El Psy Congroo
    • My Anime List
Steins Gate (Spoilers)
« Reply #53 on: 08/ 09/ 2011, 08:32:24 PM »
Fun Bags

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Steins Gate (Spoilers)
« Reply #54 on: 08/ 09/ 2011, 09:17:07 PM »
Frequent Boner

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • El Psy Congroo
    • My Anime List
Steins Gate (Spoilers)
« Reply #55 on: 08/ 09/ 2011, 09:19:20 PM »
Flaming Buccaneer

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
Steins Gate (Spoilers)
« Reply #56 on: 08/ 09/ 2011, 09:23:58 PM »
Foaming Butticles

Manic Maverick

• Fuckwut
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Mr. Foetus
Steins Gate (Spoilers)
« Reply #57 on: 08/ 09/ 2011, 10:45:29 PM »
Fecal Bread

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • El Psy Congroo
    • My Anime List
Steins Gate (Spoilers)
« Reply #58 on: 08/ 09/ 2011, 10:47:50 PM »
Feral Bacon

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
Steins Gate (Spoilers)
« Reply #59 on: 08/ 09/ 2011, 10:52:34 PM »
Foot Barista