The "Where Should I Start?" Thread
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The "Where Should I Start?" Thread  (Read 738 times)

Sonic9jct

•   
  • Wubba lubba dub dub
  • Badges Moonspeaker Artsy Fartsy Sauninda Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
    • Sanpozeit
« on: 06/ 11/ 2011, 09:07:21 AM »
If you're anything like me, you occasionally hear about a band or hear a song or get a lot of word of mouth of a particular group of youngsters in a band of some sort.  But if you're also like me, you get a little overwhelmed when you go to the music store or iTunes to only see a list of 20 something albums.  Should you get one of their first albums to start off like everyone else did?  Get one of their more popular middle albums?  Or maybe the latest is the most accurate taste of what to expect.  Well, I figure since everybody on these forums seem rather knowledgeable about a couple of bands, we could all help each other out in that respect.

So I guess I'll start it off by asking where's a good place for me to start with The Pillows?  I've had friends tell me to check em out and I've seen them mentioned around here a few times as well.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #1 on: 06/ 13/ 2011, 06:23:11 PM »
So I guess I'll start it off by asking where's a good place for me to start with The Pillows?  I've had friends tell me to check em out and I've seen them mentioned around here a few times as well.

I guess start with the FLCL OST. That's where I (and a bunch of other people) started, at least. Which doesn't exactly make it the best place to start, but...yeah. Some of my favourites:

FLCL soundtrack -HYBRID RAINBOW- Small | Large

Furi Kuri OST 2 - White Ash Small | Large

FLCL soundtrack -STALKER- Small | Large