A Song of Ice and Fire (USE SPOILER TAGS)
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: A Song of Ice and Fire (USE SPOILER TAGS)  (Read 2311 times)

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
A Song of Ice and Fire (USE SPOILER TAGS)
« on: 07/ 13/ 2011, 10:36:46 AM »
Unless you want to be thrown into the black cells, spoiler tags will be used as follows:

Put your spoiler in its own paragraph, and precede it with the title of the book it's from. Example:

AGOT: Jon Arryn dies

ACOK: Tyrion bangs Shae

ASOS: Tormund's member. HAR!

AFFC: HODOR

ADWD: HODOR HODOR

Then you can go on typing. Hide yo shit properly. Don't be a dick.
« Last Edit: 06/ 17/ 2013, 11:29:33 AM by Topher »

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
A Song of Ice and Fire
« Reply #1 on: 07/ 13/ 2011, 10:37:14 AM »
Been thinking about reading it.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
A Song of Ice and Fire
« Reply #2 on: 07/ 13/ 2011, 10:58:22 AM »
 I just bought the first book yesterday.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
A Song of Ice and Fire
« Reply #3 on: 07/ 13/ 2011, 11:03:45 AM »
I'm going to have to buy it also, because the libraries are backlogged.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
A Song of Ice and Fire
« Reply #4 on: 07/ 13/ 2011, 11:35:19 AM »
Amazon has a box set with the first 4 for $20.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0345529057

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
A Song of Ice and Fire
« Reply #5 on: 07/ 13/ 2011, 11:55:34 AM »
I'm on it!

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
A Song of Ice and Fire
« Reply #6 on: 07/ 13/ 2011, 01:23:01 PM »
I should probably wait until after my repeats to start a dance with dragons. I doubt I'll be able to last a month knowing it's out though.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
A Song of Ice and Fire
« Reply #7 on: 07/ 13/ 2011, 01:35:41 PM »
Dance is quite good! At least a hundred pages in, don't know how the rest will be. :)
Am excited though!

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
A Song of Ice and Fire
« Reply #8 on: 08/ 01/ 2011, 02:35:32 AM »
How far is everybody?
Is a discussion with spoilers possible?
(I have like 4 pages left)

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
A Song of Ice and Fire
« Reply #9 on: 08/ 01/ 2011, 07:12:10 AM »
I finished Dance about a week ago. Spoiler discussion is ok, just keep it all between spoiler tags.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
    • Dragons Eat Everything
A Song of Ice and Fire
« Reply #10 on: 08/ 01/ 2011, 06:58:02 PM »
Alright.

ADWD: I liked the book. It was good. But in the end, I was disappointed, mainly because cliffhangers. Then because I realized that nothing happens in the beginning, something, tiny bits happen in the middle and the end just felt rushed to me. "For the wall" come on, you know better than that! You stupid people you! Maybe this just pisses me off because I like Jon a lot.
Aside from that half of the chapters weren't that interesting, Daenerys was a bit boring most times, Bran wasn't in there enough. I mean this is a 900 page book, there should be enough space for ALL the characters and not only for two. But I might be nitpicking to. In the end it just annoys me that the wait only opened up more questions.
« Last Edit: 06/ 17/ 2013, 11:46:43 AM by Schabracke »

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
A Song of Ice and Fire
« Reply #11 on: 08/ 04/ 2011, 10:43:29 AM »
I feel like Dance and Feast should have been consolidated to one book, as was originally intended. There was seriously no need for it to be split into two fluffy volumes. So much of it felt like useless filler, in both books.

I liked Dance, but it was definitely my least favorite in the series. Just felt like it didn't go anywhere.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
A Song of Ice and Fire
« Reply #12 on: 09/ 01/ 2011, 05:23:38 AM »
Just finished Dance. I agree that it didn't go anywhere, but then I didn't expect it to.

I never liked Jon that much but I was pretty sad that he died. I have a feeling that he'll be zombified by millisandre though.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
    • Dragons Eat Everything
A Song of Ice and Fire
« Reply #13 on: 09/ 01/ 2011, 02:29:44 PM »
I really enjoyed those last podcasts you guys did on the book.
Was quite interesting and I agree to the case with Jon...

Necros Xiaoban

• nubbin
A Song of Ice and Fire
« Reply #14 on: 10/ 22/ 2011, 03:56:32 PM »
I saw a Game of Thrones back in July, I think. Liked it enough I read all the books, too. Even got my momma to read them and she NEVER reads fantasy stuff. She's been reading them for I guess three months or so now, she's a bit of a slow reader.

PsychoSoldier

•   
  • I like chipmunks
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda It's a Lady! tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
A Song of Ice and Fire
« Reply #15 on: 11/ 06/ 2011, 09:36:20 PM »
Reading A Feast of Crows and I am so bored with it. Like I don't care what's happening on the Iron Islands or in Dorne.  Plus I absolutely hate Cersei and chapters make me hate her even more.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
A Song of Ice and Fire
« Reply #16 on: 04/ 28/ 2013, 02:44:38 AM »
10 pages in the first book, not knowing what I was getting into  Fuck yeah, Draugrs!

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
A Song of Ice and Fire
« Reply #17 on: 06/ 16/ 2013, 11:21:34 PM »
Not gonna read any other part of this thread, but I bought all of the books save for the new one. Unfortunately, they're the small paperback versions. I prefer large hardcover ones. But the pack I got was the same price as a single hardcover, so it's not so bad.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
    • Dragons Eat Everything
A Song of Ice and Fire
« Reply #18 on: 06/ 17/ 2013, 05:55:16 AM »
Large Hardcovers are much harder to read. Tehy don't do well in bathtubs, which is a huge minus. The Dance with Dragons hardcover was what poushed bag weight at the airport over the limit.

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Bears tee hee hee Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Inufantry
A Song of Ice and Fire
« Reply #19 on: 06/ 17/ 2013, 08:16:27 AM »
The Dance with Dragons hardcover

This is why I have a kindle now