A Song of Ice and Fire (USE SPOILER TAGS)
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: A Song of Ice and Fire (USE SPOILER TAGS)  (Read 2308 times)

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
A Song of Ice and Fire
« Reply #20 on: 06/ 17/ 2013, 10:12:48 AM »
You can't get a kindle copy signed though...

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
A Song of Ice and Fire
« Reply #21 on: 06/ 17/ 2013, 11:15:35 AM »
Not gonna read any other part of this thread,

It's cool homie, spoiler tags have been used.

but I bought all of the books save for the new one.

WOO

Unfortunately, they're the small paperback versions. I prefer large hardcover ones.

You'll be glad, trust me. My copy of ADWD is hardcover, and it was a motherfucker trying to read that giant-ass monstrosity anywhere but at a desk. Try pooping with that fucking tome in your lap.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #22 on: 06/ 17/ 2013, 11:26:57 AM »
Also, updated the first post in this thread with how I would like everyone to tag their spoilers. Please read it and follow procedure. It's basically the way Reddit does it, which I think is easiest.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #23 on: 06/ 17/ 2013, 01:03:37 PM »
Large Hardcovers are much harder to read. Tehy don't do well in bathtubs, which is a huge minus. The Dance with Dragons hardcover was what poushed bag weight at the airport over the limit.
You'll be glad, trust me. My copy of ADWD is hardcover, and it was a motherfucker trying to read that giant-ass monstrosity anywhere but at a desk. Try pooping with that fucking tome in your lap.

I'm not really a bathroom reader, actually. If I'm reading in the bathroom, I'm usually just reading the Indie Games blog or foruming on my iPad. I tend to read books while lying down, or at a table. And my hands are way too big for small books and they always feel awkward to hold, so having a giant grimoire in front of me feels a lot more comfortable. I also like seeing big books lined up together.

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
  • Badges Bears Beedog Approved Item Shop Penguin Tagged Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Spotted Memebon tee hee hee Dancing with Myself
« Reply #24 on: 09/ 17/ 2014, 02:26:25 PM »
been makin' tracks son.

a good way through aSoS book one right now, as much as I love the show I feel like there's some clarity that it does miss from time to time, ah well, it's still good.

but reading through has been mostly:

FUCK YEAH THIS IS AWESOME

oh a Daenerys chapter... yaaaaay.

FUCK YEAH MORE AWESOME STUFF.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #25 on: 09/ 17/ 2014, 03:07:49 PM »
It pretty much carries on like that through ADWD. :/

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
  • Badges Bears Beedog Approved Item Shop Penguin Tagged Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Spotted Memebon tee hee hee Dancing with Myself
« Reply #26 on: 09/ 17/ 2014, 05:11:52 PM »
I don't think there's any real reason I find her perspective boring, just not as enticing as the others.

it's very interesting actually being able to read what the characters are thinking though, particularly Jaime and Jon, I don't think the show did them justice.

also, question that I will put behind tha spoilas, it's general, not specific to one book.

Am I right in assuming that all the stark children have some level of warginess? is it due to the direwolves?

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #27 on: 09/ 17/ 2014, 08:05:54 PM »
Your assumption is correct, though not all of them know it yet. And it's not because of the whatsits, it's just the way it is. But likely heightened by the fact that magic has come back into the world as of late.

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
« Reply #28 on: 10/ 02/ 2014, 10:17:44 AM »
Question:

Why is Davos like, the best fucking thing ever in the history of game of thrones? Like, why aren't the first pages of his chapters embossed with gold with an MVP sticker on the side?

edit: and as topher pointed out on twitter, liam cunningham is talking about zelda, that beautiful man.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #29 on: 10/ 02/ 2014, 10:35:08 AM »
Davos is maybe my favorite character in the series. He's tough as nails, he's loyal, always stands up for what he thinks is right even if it might cost him his head, and he's far more clever than anyone gives him credit for, even himself. All while remaining humble and totally respectable, aware that he's flawed and has made a lot of mistakes in life. Just an awesome guy all around. He's like this blue-collar badass uncle who will help you in a bar fight and then jump start your car and lend you a 20.

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
« Reply #30 on: 10/ 02/ 2014, 11:30:46 AM »
He's like this blue-collar badass uncle who will help you in a bar fight and then jump start your car and lend you a 20.

needs to be a quote at the beginning of the next book.