Rockmelon Mix Tape Volume 2: Get Hype!
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Rockmelon Mix Tape Volume 2: Get Hype!  (Read 2614 times)

Cataract

• Mechanical Pony Wrangler
  •   
  • Serious business.
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Manly Man Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Rockmelon Game Night
« on: 08/ 12/ 2011, 07:53:46 PM »
About time, right? It's finally time for another volume of Rockmelon Mix Tape. In the last compilation, I asked for you to help me put together a collection of songs that weould be arranged into a summer jam mix. This time, I want to do something completely opposite (thematically, at least). I want you give me your music for when you need to get pumped up. When you need to get mentally prepped for something that needs all your focus. For when failure simply isn't an option. RMS, I need you to get hype. I want you to send me your tracks that you use for when you need to get in the zone for something intense. It can be a track from a game, from a CD, whatever, as long as it fits the theme.

As with last time, send me a PM with your email and I'll invite you to a private DropBox folder. From there, upload 2 or 3 tracks that you think best fit the theme. After a week or so (I'll come up with a date soon, I promise), I'll arrange it and release it as one album.

In case you missed out, here's the last thread: http://rockmelonsoda.com/forum/index.php/topic,781.msg85183.html#msg85183

Edit: Please make subfolders with your name on them so I know who uploads what.
« Last Edit: 08/ 15/ 2011, 11:38:10 AM by Topher »

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #1 on: 08/ 12/ 2011, 09:01:33 PM »
Awww muhfuckas I'm all over this

PsychoSoldier

•   
  • I like chipmunks
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda It's a Lady! tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #2 on: 08/ 12/ 2011, 09:50:52 PM »
Awwwww shit! I am joining this

Sonic9jct

•   
  • Wubba lubba dub dub
  • Badges Moonspeaker Artsy Fartsy Sauninda Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
    • Sanpozeit
« Reply #3 on: 08/ 12/ 2011, 10:31:00 PM »
Suggestion!  Why don't we start including a custom album art for these?  Someone could either be chosen randomly from the contributors or take turns with each mix to create a cover for the playlist, be it drawn or just a photo or whatever.

Senisan

•   
  • Badges Manly Man tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #4 on: 08/ 12/ 2011, 10:55:54 PM »
Adding my tracks as we speak!

edit: wait, are you making a new drop box?

editedit: nvm, you can just rename the folder to just Rockmelonsoda Jamz, i think :)

Cataract

•   
  • Serious business.
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Manly Man Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #5 on: 08/ 13/ 2011, 12:21:51 AM »
Adding my tracks as we speak!

edit: wait, are you making a new drop box?

editedit: nvm, you can just rename the folder to just Rockmelonsoda Jamz, i think :)

I made a new folder, which needs new invites.

Suggestion!  Why don't we start including a custom album art for these?  Someone could either be chosen randomly from the contributors or take turns with each mix to create a cover for the playlist, be it drawn or just a photo or whatever.

I thought about this, and I'm going to try and incorporate that.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #6 on: 08/ 13/ 2011, 12:39:49 AM »
im down shoot me pms with privates :D

Cataract

•   
  • Serious business.
« Reply #7 on: 08/ 13/ 2011, 01:01:52 AM »
Then send me a PM with your email!

Cataract

•   
  • Serious business.
« Reply #8 on: 08/ 13/ 2011, 01:39:11 AM »
Side note: Anything left outside of a folder will be deleted. Keep things organized in there!

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #9 on: 08/ 13/ 2011, 01:44:35 AM »
Don't tell me what to do! You're not my real dad! >:(

mcnyers

•   
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #10 on: 08/ 13/ 2011, 01:27:51 PM »
My stuff is in there and I am stoked for the finished product.
I apologize in advance if some of my songs are weird. They really do get me pumped up though
I also think this is a cool idea

Sonic9jct

•   
  • Wubba lubba dub dub
  • Badges Moonspeaker Artsy Fartsy Sauninda Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
    • Sanpozeit
« Reply #11 on: 08/ 15/ 2011, 08:07:09 PM »
I cheated and took a peek at the songs Senisan threw in there... I think there's one song that HAS to be on this mix.

Sonic9jct

•   
  • Wubba lubba dub dub
    • Sanpozeit
« Reply #12 on: 08/ 17/ 2011, 06:31:42 PM »
I just remember a song that HAS to be contributed.  I just dropped it in my folder.

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #13 on: 09/ 14/ 2011, 06:23:06 PM »
Can i get into this action?

Cataract

•   
  • Serious business.
« Reply #14 on: 09/ 20/ 2011, 09:09:58 AM »
Well, I completely forgot about this project, but I'm going to try and get it done by this weekend. Sorry for the delay!

Cataract

•   
  • Serious business.
« Reply #15 on: 10/ 17/ 2011, 10:36:22 AM »
I'm a jerk and a liar.

But at least it's finally done! I messed around in Photoshop and made an album cover art, as well as changed the tags so that they would all be considered in the same album for easy listening. I left the track info, including the original album, in a text file that you'll find in there. This mix is a bit shorter than the other one, and there were a lot of songs that I felt didn't fit in as well, and I'm going to write up some more guidelines when I put the next post up before Friday.

Until then, enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?g585dh84h7n6733

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #16 on: 10/ 17/ 2011, 11:47:57 AM »
 At first I wasn't feelin' it. Just didn't get me hype. But now, I feel the hype was building the whole time, subtle and powerful. Good job dude.

Cataract

•   
  • Serious business.
« Reply #17 on: 10/ 17/ 2011, 01:00:28 PM »
At first I wasn't feelin' it. Just didn't get me hype. But now, I feel the hype was building the whole time, subtle and powerful. Good job dude.

I'm glad you ended up liking it. What I really wanted to accomplish is getting someone hype over the progress of the entire collection, and when you finally reach the last track (or bonus track), you're going nuts. If it was just BOOM HYPE NOW DO IT I feel like it would have just been a collection of hype songs. It's kind of hard for me to put into words, but I really am glad that you liked it!

mcnyers

•   
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #18 on: 10/ 17/ 2011, 01:13:39 PM »
I now love Birdy Nam Nam

Sonic9jct

•   
  • Wubba lubba dub dub
    • Sanpozeit
« Reply #19 on: 10/ 17/ 2011, 04:27:01 PM »
I feel bad about listening to this while sitting in a chair.  I really need to be running or in a car with the windows/top down to get the full experience.