Talking Heads
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Talking Heads  (Read 812 times)

mcnyers

•   
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Secret Santa 2010
Talking Heads
« on: 08/ 14/ 2011, 09:52:03 AM »
I've been listening to the talking heads a lot recently and I've realized how much I love them. Does anybody else love the talking heads? They're pretty good.

Talking Heads - Life During Wartime Small | Large

Talking Heads Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On) (HQ)

Talking Heads Once In A Lifetime (HQ)

This could also double as a thread about how weird/brilliant David Byrne is
David Byrne Interview Small | Large

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Talking Heads
« Reply #1 on: 08/ 14/ 2011, 10:33:17 AM »
The Talking Heads did an album  without David Byrne and it was really good. No one heard of it, but I loved it.
Too bad Byrne was a douche and killed any future projects.
No Talking, Just Head is an album by The Heads, a band composed of Jerry Harrison, Tina Weymouth, and Chris Frantz of Talking Heads, joined by a variety of guest singers. Its name may be seen as a reference to the fact that Talking Heads' former vocalist, David Byrne, is not present, as well as a joke relating to the common expression "giving head" as a synonym for performing fellatio. This was, at the time, intended to turn into a full-time project, with further studio albums and tour. Furthermore, a live CD/video of the first tour was planned, featuring performances of songs originally recorded by Talking Heads reinterpreted by the album's guest artists. However, David Byrne sued the band,[2] asserting that their name and presentation was too evocative of Talking Heads, and put an end to those plans.

This was one of the singles. They all have different vocalists.
Damage I've Done - The Heads Small | Large

mcnyers

•   
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Secret Santa 2010
Talking Heads
« Reply #2 on: 08/ 14/ 2011, 11:04:37 AM »
That album was good, but it wasn't a talking heads album to me. Douchiness aside, David Byrne's writing and style define the Talking Heads. No Talking, Just Head felt like a pretty good album from an absolutely different band. I agree that it sucks that they had to stop, however. Why didn't they keep making music under a different name?

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Talking Heads
« Reply #3 on: 08/ 15/ 2011, 02:43:49 PM »
Stop Making Sense is one of the best concert recordings/filmings ever!
Watching it or listening to the cd always makes my day!

mcnyers

•   
Talking Heads
« Reply #4 on: 08/ 15/ 2011, 02:47:51 PM »
I just watched the movie last week! Everything about it is super well crafted. Also, it's amazing because it has David Byrne dancing with a lamp.