General Music Discussianz
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: General Music Discussianz  (Read 4021 times)

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« on: 08/ 28/ 2011, 05:29:18 AM »

This is a thread to talk about music in general. I noticed there was something lacking in this section; I had a few interesting points I wanted to make and couldn't figure out what thread to put them in because they were too general. I can't be the only one who's had this occurrence, right? Right? I hope not...The Listening thread is the closest thing to discussion we have, but all of that is between posts about what people are listening to. Then we have threads about specific topics. But nothing about everything in between. So...

Discuss things about the noises people make that go into our ears! But a reminder,

DO NOT POST LINKS TO DOWNLOAD MUSIC, UNLESS THE MUSIC WAS PROVIDED FREE BY THE MUSICIAN

So, now that I have an external HDD again, I've started putting music onto it. I decided to start my music collection over again because I left my collection on my previous harddrive in a sort of mess and can't be bothered to clean it up. Way too many bands/songs.

I haven't compiled music in so long that doing it now has become almost tiring. Especially for bands with huge discographies that I can't acquire at once. That's why I like it when things are organized prior to my acquiring them, so I don't have to do it myself. I feel like I should get paid for this or something.

...Yup. Gonna go get paid.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #1 on: 08/ 29/ 2011, 05:12:44 AM »
Hmmmm...Maybe people don't really need this thread. I'll leave it open for another day and delete it if it doesn't get any posts.

Super disappointed. But oh well, I guess.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
« Reply #2 on: 08/ 29/ 2011, 05:18:33 AM »
i think its a good idea, i also thought it was strange that the music section was the only one without a thread like this.

do you ever think back fondly on a band you kind of started to get into like 2 years ago? and then you go back and listen to an album and that one song is good, but the rest is kind of just okay? that happened to me tonight. its a total bummer.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #3 on: 08/ 29/ 2011, 05:33:15 AM »
I think that's happened a few times with me. Most recently it was with a band called Supra Argo. They were one of the first bands I listened to that weren't video game/anime/movie music, back in '98. Then they disappeared and I forgot about them. Some years ago I tried to find their music again, but couldn't. They weren't on YouTube or any music sites. I could only find 30 second clips of songs and that was it. However, Amazon saved the day. I finally saw their one and only CD there, and I eventually bought it. But the song I listened to the most on there was the only one I really enjoy still, and not even as much as I used to. The other ones were just...meh. Extremely disappointing, after I went so long obsessing over trying to find them. ToT

Here's the one song:

Supra-Argo - Grey'd Small | Large

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #4 on: 08/ 29/ 2011, 08:11:47 AM »
I get that often. I go through phases when I listen to music. Two years ago I was on a big cantopop kick, then a chiptune binge, and recently I was really into Mika. If I go back and listen now, some of the songs are still good, but most of what I liked just doesn't jive with me any more.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #5 on: 08/ 29/ 2011, 04:51:34 PM »
I was heavily into industrial for about 5 years. Loved it to death. But I find I don't get the same enjoyment out of it like I used to. Maybe it's cause I'm not a pissed off, angsty teen anymore. I still enjoy my fare share of industrial music, but I don't like it nearly as much as I used to. Although, NIN still remains one of my favourite bands of all time. XD

Same goes with Mindless Self Indulgence. They were all I listened to for a while, but now they're just...Mmmeeehhh. Still love certain songs from them, but otherwise...Mmmeeehhh.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • All You Can Eat
« Reply #6 on: 08/ 30/ 2011, 04:10:05 PM »
I have music that I have listened to to much. Now I just appreciate it, but I wont listen to it regularly.
That's the case with 9mm Parabellum Bullet and some of my favorite German bands now. I'll love the songs when they come on shuffle, but I wont deliberately listen to them.

It has been a while since a album took all of my listening space...
This was the last one I think:
http://thefierceandthedead.bandcamp.com/album/if-it-carries-on-like-this-we-are-moving-to-morecambe

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • All You Can Eat
« Reply #7 on: 09/ 05/ 2011, 10:58:53 AM »
Gonna ask you for the most badass song you are listening to at the moment!

I have been rocking the Meat Boy Soundtrack for quite a while now and damn:
Super Meat Boy! Soundtrack - Carmeaty Burana (Ch 6 Boss)

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #8 on: 09/ 08/ 2011, 05:21:34 PM »
Gonna ask you for the most badass song you are listening to at the moment!

I have been rocking the Meat Boy Soundtrack for quite a while now and damn:
Super Meat Boy! Soundtrack - Carmeaty Burana (Ch 6 Boss)

LoK Soul Reaver Intro-Ozar Midrashim by Information Society Small | Large

I always have these "FUCK YEAH NEED EPIC SONGS" moments. Now is one of those times. This is one of my top favourite game themes of all time.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #9 on: 09/ 19/ 2011, 11:01:48 AM »
Bought a few albums last night and downloaded a couple of free tracks (one legally because it was free the other because it doesn't exist on an album)

Jake Kaufman - Bloodrayne Betrayal OST as recommended by Danny B (composer of Super Meat Boy) can be found on bandcamp for cheap and is exactily as people described the game "the 2D side scroller that feels like Castlevania" same goes for the music

Big Giant Circles - Imposter Nostalgia also as recommeded by Danny B and also found on bandcamp it is a mix mash of various different styles but all have a chip element in them.  It goes everywhere from standard chip to dubstep w/ chip to sorta wavey ambient chip.  Good stuff all around highly worth the asking price (which is very cheap)

Last album i picked up last night is The Crack Epidemic - American Splendor EP - beats by Kojo, vox by Alaska (Tim Baker of Hanger 18, Atom Family fame) this is kinda sad because as Alaska (whom is the last active member of Hanger 18) stated in an interview this is probably his last musical endevor.   

Two tracks i picked up is Madeon - Pop Culture a 3:25 mashup of 39 songs that far exceeds what Girl talk has done over two albums.  The second is Danny B The Wraith track from Binding of Issac which is free on his bandcamp.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
    • All You Can Eat
« Reply #10 on: 09/ 24/ 2011, 07:11:17 AM »
Saw that imposter album as well. Worth the money then?

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #11 on: 09/ 27/ 2011, 11:52:39 PM »
^ worth it.

also Binding of Issac OST by Danny B of SMB fame is up for dl .99 cents for a butt load of tracks worth it!

other stuff i bought

The Opus - guys make dark beats mostly airy vibe my fave is easily Take Me To The Basement w/ Aesop Rock the beat sounds straight out of Silent Hill. here is a free dl of a  mix cd this cd also has the track i mentioned above. http://theopus.bandcamp.com/album/the-opus-of-the-opus-vol-2

Also bought Evidence - Cats and Dogs album - Evidence is one of the dudes from dilated peoples, buy it!

Also got this for free 30+ min mix of the late JDilla by the late DJ Mehdi http://www.stonesthrow.com/news/2011/09/dj-mehdi-loukoums - i look forward to pumping this next time i got friends over which is never LOL it is a good chill vibe throughout.

I've also, also, also been on a Brotha Lynch Hung kick have had his last two albums for a while just now looking into his older work.  It's for lack of a better term "horrorcore" which i adore greatly.

Brotha Lynch Hung - Nutt Bagg (feat. First Degree The D.E.) Small | Large

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
    • All You Can Eat
« Reply #12 on: 10/ 11/ 2011, 07:09:59 AM »
http://chinstrapmusic.blogspot.com/2011/07/chin27-vernon-lenoir-rites-of-sausage.html

I recommend checking this out, it has been my jam for the last few days!

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #13 on: 10/ 12/ 2011, 01:53:25 AM »
http://chinstrapmusic.blogspot.com/2011/07/chin27-vernon-lenoir-rites-of-sausage.html

I recommend checking this out, it has been my jam for the last few days!

Awesome! Especially love Atembeschwerden.

I can't believe I spelled that right from memory.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
    • All You Can Eat
« Reply #14 on: 10/ 13/ 2011, 05:37:57 AM »
Now...do you know what it means? hehehehe ;)

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #15 on: 12/ 27/ 2011, 03:28:29 PM »
So Here's my favorite albums of this year. Now, what are your favorite albums from this year?!?!?!

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #16 on: 12/ 27/ 2011, 04:03:59 PM »
So Here's my favorite albums of this year. Now, what are your favorite albums from this year?!?!?!

I only listened to one new album this year: Imaginaerum

NIGHTWISH - Storytime

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
    • All You Can Eat
« Reply #17 on: 12/ 27/ 2011, 04:19:57 PM »
No particular order:

Maybeshewill - I was here for a moment then I was gone
So awesome. Post rock, instrumental whatever, I love it so much.

Kvelertak - Kvelertak
Spend a ton of time listening to this. Hard & Heavy, so many different genres in one big great mixture.

Andrew Jackson Jihad - Knife Man
Great fun, simply.

Those are the three I probably listened to the most this year. Add in those Gaslight Anthem albums and some Dillinger Escape plan and you know what music is on when I shower.

@JTHomeslice: that list was a good read, but I am afraid, not so much my thing ^^

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
« Reply #18 on: 12/ 27/ 2011, 06:10:08 PM »
http://dipswitch.tumblr.com/post/14886680278/im-not-going-to-write-an-end-of-the-year-list-its

i wrote a thing about it on my tumblr. i could copy pasta it in here, but i want more views. check it out if you want.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #19 on: 12/ 27/ 2011, 11:43:47 PM »
learning how to use tumblr will post tomorrow.

>_>

<_<

>_>

i suk at wwebsites