General Music Discussianz
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: General Music Discussianz  (Read 4020 times)

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #20 on: 12/ 29/ 2011, 02:20:41 PM »
I'm bad with words, so here is a list without explanation!

1. House Boat - “The Thorns of Life”
2. Mixtapes - “Companions”
3. Mikey Erg - “Heart Shaped”
4. Chixdiggit! - “Safeways Here We Come”
5. Banner Pilot - “Heart Beats Pacific”
6. The Aquabats! - “Hi-Five Soup!”
7. Joyce Manor - “Joyce Manor”
8. Dead To Me - “Moscow Penny Ante”
9. The Copyrights - “North Sentinel Island”
10. Kaela Kimura - “8Eight8”
11. Braid - “Closer To Closed”
12. Spraynard - “Funtitled”
13. The Gateway District -“Perfect’s Gonna Fail”
14. Lemuria - “Pebble”
15. Andrew Jackson Jihad - “Knife Man”
16. Smoking Popes - “This Is Not A Test”
17. The Slow Death - “Turnstile Comix #1”
18. Laura Stevenson and The Cans - “Sit Resist”
19. Fucked Up - “David Comes To Life”
20. Uplift Spice - “Paradigm Shift”

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
« Reply #21 on: 05/ 09/ 2012, 01:25:59 PM »
http://www.punknews.org/article/47264

Tom Gabel from Against Me! comes out as transgender. really shocking to me, but people who listen to a lot of against me! and have seen them live say it kind of makes sense. its really awesome for someone so high profile and in such a male-dominated scene to come out like this. it must have been really fucking hard for her. i definitely want to get into more against me! stuff now, especially the next album that comes out. ive always thought she had one of the coolest voices in the punk scene and i cant wait to hear how it sounds if she decides to take steps to feminize it while singing.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #22 on: 05/ 10/ 2012, 04:04:55 AM »
http://www.punknews.org/article/47264

Tom Gabel from Against Me! comes out as transgender. really shocking to me, but people who listen to a lot of against me! and have seen them live say it kind of makes sense. its really awesome for someone so high profile and in such a male-dominated scene to come out like this. it must have been really fucking hard for her. i definitely want to get into more against me! stuff now, especially the next album that comes out. ive always thought she had one of the coolest voices in the punk scene and i cant wait to hear how it sounds if she decides to take steps to feminize it while singing.

Can't...visualize...MY BRAIN, IT HURTS.

But no, that's cool he...er...she had the guts to do that. Much good luck to her. Hopefully her fans know how to be proper fans and support her in all of this.

God, it feels so weird saying "she" and then looking at that picture. The human body is confusing.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #23 on: 05/ 10/ 2012, 01:13:40 PM »
So he wants... to be a lady? mkay. Their voice could potentially bomb because of the hormone treatments.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #24 on: 10/ 01/ 2012, 11:22:51 AM »
After being in the hospital for her throat, and losing hearing in one ear, Anette and Nightwish are parting ways. Nightwish is getting Floor Jansen to fill in for the rest of the tour. I got to hear one of her last performances with the band.

Loak

• POMF=3
  •   
  • Loli Apprentice and Kuroneko's Illegitimate Child
  • Badges SCIENCE! Beedog Approved Moonspeaker Cosplayer Manly Man Spotted Memebon Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Bears
« Reply #25 on: 10/ 01/ 2012, 12:02:54 PM »
After being in the hospital for her throat, and losing hearing in one ear, Anette and Nightwish are parting ways. Nightwish is getting Floor Jansen to fill in for the rest of the tour. I got to hear one of her last performances with the band.
That's really depressing :(

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #26 on: 10/ 01/ 2012, 12:25:33 PM »
never heard nightwish before but that really is terrible :(

http://www.prefixmag.com/news/the-dead-kennedys-receive-a-few-hundred-dollars-fo/69920/

this is also a thing but it's im sure pretty well known

Spotify has taken a lot of recent heat for paying artists pennies for their streams, but what about its larger, brasher audiovisual brother? Artists who officially license their songs through YouTube are supposed to receive a cut of the ad payments when fans stream their songs and watch their videos. But it looks like YouTube isn't paying out much more for authorized videos than they are for fan uploads.

The Dead Kennedys recently revealed that the Google-owned stream giant tossed them only a couple hundred bucks for a whopping 14 million plays. Not only does that seem an unreasonably paltry sum, but YouTube has given no indication as to how they actually come up with the amount of money they believe artists are owed.

"I don't know—and no one I know knows—how YouTube calculates the money. What YouTube claims is irrelevant until they produce how much they've made off my band and how much they've shared with my band. Don't let them bullshit you that it's too complicated," said guitarist Raymond Pepperell during an interview with NPR. He claims that YouTube initially told the band that they'd be receiving a 45% cut of ad revenue from their channel views, but they've yet to see the calculations that whittled that eight-figure number down to three.

So even when you suffer through full-page VEVO ads to check out that new Grimes video, it seems like your artist of choice will see only fractions of pennies for your trouble. Bad looks, YouTube.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • All You Can Eat
« Reply #27 on: 11/ 08/ 2012, 10:16:26 AM »
Just a small heads up if you like dem Chiptunes, I had a chat with the dude who made Chiptunes=Win a thing:

Interview with Brandon Hood, man behing Chiptunes=Win

It turned out pretty sweet and the man is really cool imo.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • All You Can Eat
« Reply #28 on: 12/ 12/ 2012, 01:21:45 PM »

Sean

•   
  • foooooooooooooooooooooooomin
  • Badges Item Shop Rockmelon Game Night Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #29 on: 02/ 26/ 2013, 09:43:44 PM »
My dad is on the radio as I'm typing this.

pankin

•   
  • This is worst pizza.
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Marikondesu Beedog Approved Artsy Fartsy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop SCIENCE! Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #30 on: 03/ 25/ 2013, 01:50:36 PM »
Swedish House Mafia's last show was last night at UMF.  Wish I could have been there :/ Instead I just got to watch the live stream of it, which was still pretty awesome.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #31 on: 12/ 31/ 2013, 07:12:27 PM »
Hey I remembered to do this! My favorite albums of the year!

And I made a playlist of songs from them!

I really can't decide on a favorite. It might be Yoshu Fukushu though. Or Sunbather. Or Sempiternal. Or The Blackest Beautiful. GOD I DON'T KNOW

Now how about y'all?

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
« Reply #32 on: 01/ 01/ 2014, 02:58:23 AM »
Right Here.

its not in a specific order, but im pretty obsessed with the new Pusha T record. im listening to it right now, in fact. CHVRCHES was huge for me like 3 months ago too.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
    • All You Can Eat
« Reply #33 on: 01/ 10/ 2014, 05:09:39 PM »
No particular Order:

Larry and his Flask - By the Lamplight
Chumped - Chumped
Go Go Berlin - New Gold
Have Mercy - The Earth Pushed Back
The World is a Beautiful Place & I am No Longer Afraid to Die - Whenever, If Ever
Janelle Monae - Electric Lady
I Kill Giants - I Kill Giants
We Still Dream - Something to Smile About

Honorable Mentions:
Yalta Club - Yalta Club
Tancred - Tancred
Santa Rita - High on the Seas
Kaeptn Peng & Die Tentakel von Delphi - Reise ins O
Honningbarna - Verden er Enkel

Best concerts

Sweatiest
Larry and his Flask

Blissful:
Maybeshewill

Best Dancing:
Yalta Club

Best Atmosphere:
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Weirdest Stage Entertainment:
Tie between Bonaparte and The Dirty Honkers

Best Party:
Ohrbooten

Most Laughs:
Kepi Ghoulie & Forest Pooky

Heaviest:
Dillinger Escape Plan

The special one:
Koji, Slingshot Dakota and Into It Over It

What were your favorite shows?

Sean

•   
  • foooooooooooooooooooooooomin
  • Badges Item Shop Rockmelon Game Night Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #34 on: 03/ 17/ 2014, 11:47:43 PM »

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #35 on: 09/ 22/ 2014, 10:31:25 PM »
Been trying to find a song/band. Listened to them some a few years ago, but forgot about them soon after. One of their songs has a black guy dancing in the video, and mouthing the lyrics. The song is called like "Gemini" or "Ruby" or "Diamond" or something like that. Another music video has the band surrounded by light fixtures, and I think the lights blinked with the music or something. Uugh, it's been way too long. I can't remember properly.

I'm sure someone knows what the hell I'm talking about. They seem to be a decently known band. Despite me not finding shit on them. XD

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #36 on: 09/ 23/ 2014, 10:19:15 AM »
Black Keys?

The Black Keys - Lonely Boy [Official Music Video]

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #37 on: 09/ 25/ 2014, 02:01:20 AM »
Nah, though that is a great video. I actually found that while searching for the song, hahahah. XDDD